The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (67 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

I actually agree with you. It was a mad idea. The referendum was flawed from the word go, and Brexit was sold as easy peasy with loads of benefits immediately. We have lost billions of business, 3 years of governance, billions on government preparations for no deal and companies have wasted billions on stockpiling and storage space ( which they now have to sell and then restock again at some future date ). I am as angry as you are, although coming from a different direction.

Can you show me where we have lost “billions of business”

Astute

“Labour doesn't have much more than the hard core Labour voters presently. Corbyn as leader hasn't got many floating voters on Labour's side. If he had Labour would be running away with it.”

Yes you did.

40% is not based on polls. It’s based on the 2017 general election result.
So you have changed your wording now. You alleged i said only hard core Labour voters. But you now agree that I said not much more presently. And you also admitted that Labour has less than the last GE.

Then you quoted 40% and polls.

Yes you did.

Last edited:

Ashdown

I actually agree with you. It was a mad idea. The referendum was flawed from the word go, and Brexit was sold as easy peasy with loads of benefits immediately. We have lost billions of business, 3 years of governance, billions on government preparations for no deal and companies have wasted billions on stockpiling and storage space ( which they now have to sell and then restock again at some future date ). I am as angry as you are, although coming from a different direction.
There is some mighty exaggeration going on here Mart.........I expect you think 11cm is close to 9" 's as well !!

Grendel

More mart lies - how ironic

martcov

More mart lies - how ironic

We have lost business. We have spent billions on preparations for a no deal. We have wasted 3 years on Brexit. Companies throughout Britain have been stockpiling and renting storage. Cold storage is sold out. Don’t you keep up with what’s going on?

Nick

Administrator
Maybe the poll should be:

"Do you read one of those massive newspapers as big as a house that you need a degree in origami to figure out?"

If yes, instant banning order from being near kids unattended.

RegTheDonk

We have lost business. We have spent billions on preparations for a no deal. We have wasted 3 years on Brexit. Companies throughout Britain have been stockpiling and renting storage. Cold storage is sold out. Don’t you keep up with what’s going on?
Who exactly has spent billions? Perhaps those billions have been spent on cold storage and warehouses. Brexit - good for UK business (warehouses and fridge manufacturers).

martcov

Who exactly has spent billions? Perhaps those billions have been spent on cold storage and warehouses. Brexit - good for UK business (warehouses and fridge manufacturers).

Good for some. But not for others who have extra costs and problems with cash flow. If they survived these extra costs, then they won’t be pleased at having to go through it all again at some later date. Making goods more expensive and stretching finances is hardly the best spin for Brexit. I thought things were supposed to get cheaper and business was supposed to benefit from Brexit? Still twisting negative effects into positive is all that’s left when there is no good news on the horizon.

Grendel

Nope you said business have lost billions as - you then listed these separately

Back it up you lying bullshitter

Sick Boy

I reckon the media are forcing it to be extended, they would have fuck all else to talk about if there was no brexit.

They should focus on what’s being ignored by the government domestically and the money wasted on the Brexit shambles so far

martcov

I linked twice to reports on the cost of Brexit. GDP has fallen and business investment has fallen in comparison to the trend before Brexit. This means that we are losing billions compared to what we would have had, and our tax revenue is falling in comparison to what it would have been. If business is not losing billions of potential revenue, how come the report showed that it is? They have made graphs to show their workings. The figures are there. Now you show us gown the trend of business investment and GDP has improved since Brexit.

martcov

Another „bullshitter“:
At the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders chief executive Mike Hawes said it was "utterly unacceptable" that, more than two years since negotiations started, industry still did not know what the UK's relationship with the EU was going to be.

Uncertainty had already caused serious damage, he said, with car plants on enforced shutdown, investment being cut and jobs being lost.

martcov

I actually said „billions of business“ not they „have lost billions“, they can still lose business, but make the same turnover. The difference is the business they would have had, but didn’t get because of Brexit. This has been calculated.

Grendel

I linked twice to reports on the cost of Brexit. GDP has fallen and business investment has fallen in comparison to the trend before Brexit. This means that we are losing billions compared to what we would have had, and our tax revenue is falling in comparison to what it would have been. If business is not losing billions of potential revenue, how come the report showed that it is? They have made graphs to show their workings. The figures are there. Now you show us gown the trend of business investment and GDP has improved since Brexit.

It doesn’t show that at all. Several economies in Europe have performed far worse than the uk since the brexit announcement - notably Germany and Italy is now a basket case. So yeah you made it up

Grendel

I actually said „billions of business“ not they „have lost billions“, they can still lose business, but make the same turnover. The difference is the business they would have had, but didn’t get because of Brexit. This has been calculated.

No it has not it’s remain lies from the Nazi spokesperson on SBT

martcov

It doesn’t show that at all. Several economies in Europe have performed far worse than the uk since the brexit announcement - notably Germany and Italy is now a basket case. So yeah you made it up

I obviously didn’t make anything up. Read what the people who made the comparison say. Nothing to do with me, but I base my opinion on such evidence based reports as opposed to „there are no down sides“ Brexiteer promises.

Not all economies are performing like Germany.

Mucca Mad Boys

So you have changed your wording now. You alleged i said only hard core Labour voters. But you now agree that I said not much more presently. And you also admitted that Labour has less than the last GE.

Then you quoted 40% and polls.

Yes you did.

I didn't quote an opinion poll, use of 42.4% for the Tories and 40% for Labour is the 2017 General Election result, which again is not an opinion poll. There's not really much you can argue with here.

I may as well quote polls since you insist I have, and the polls show a drop in support for Lab/Con and have them pretty even. So your argument that Labour has little/no support outside of its hardcore support is not backed up by anything. Not by current opinion polls nor, more importantly, the last GE election.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 19.06.37.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-11 at 19.06.37.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread