The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (81 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

Going to Germany on holiday in April-still don’t know what we’ll need to provide at the gate. Would stay if I could
Nothing more than you need now unless you believe the crap some people come out with. Your passport will be the same colour. You won't need a visa. Your driving licence will do by itself. And our planes will be allowed to fly.

martcov

Ö
Going to Germany on holiday in April-still don’t know what we’ll need to provide at the gate. Would stay if I could

Going to UK in April with the missus and my daughter. Me and my daughter have UK and German citizenship, but I don’t know what questions they would ask my missus in a no deal scenario. How will they tell who is coming to work or who is on holiday from the EU? There are supposed to be good deals in the UK as people are putting off going to the UK because of Brexit uncertainty.

Astute

Well considering he’s neutral you would think he would be countering the rabid leavers instead of hiding when they start behaving like .... they do.
So I'm not neutral because I detest lies and liars?

martcov

Nothing more than you need now unless you believe the crap some people come out with. Your passport will be the same colour. You won't need a visa. Your driving licence will do by itself. And our planes will be allowed to fly.

Fly to Europe, but not internal within Europe. As far as I heard.

Sick Boy

Why not go with what you keep saying? Then I can prove you wrong and then keep linking it each time you start again. So would link it nearly every day I post.

So who gives the Abuse and lies? Shall we see who comes out with the most? There is a lot but not from the direction you make it out to be.

I’d rather not descend to your level, thanks.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not what the government advice says for a no deal scenario

Astute

I’d rather not descend to your level, thanks.
My level? It is the diatribe you come out with that nearly brings me down to your level. Don't worry. Come out with all the lies you want. I'm not going to bite anymore.

Brighton Sky Blue

The driving licence by itself would likely not be enough in the event of a no deal. I’ve been told to convert mine to ensure I can keep driving here, luckily I managed to get an appointment on the 28th March

Won’t be driving anyway but it’s more should I expect to a) go in the non EU line and b) pay a few quid to get in

Sick Boy

Won’t be driving anyway but it’s more should I expect to a) go in the non EU line and b) pay a few quid to get in

I think the Uk will have extended article 50, so nothing will change for then. Long term you would need to go in the non EU line, I guess.

Also long term there will be a small fee to pay but it’ll be valid for a few years

Astute

So why would you do anything differently? Been listening to Mart and SB?

We haven't left the EU. We won't be leaving this month without a deal. The EU said hardly anything would change for at least a year if we did leave for their benefit not ours.

So why ask these questions?

Brighton Sky Blue

We haven't left the EU. We won't be leaving this month without a deal. The EU said hardly anything would change for at least a year if we did leave for their benefit not ours.

Just nice to know, no conspiracy theory

martcov

Hardly anything? Link please. Did you read the link I posted about internal flights in the EU? If Farage gets his way with his neo fascist mates in Italy, or Banks with his in Poland, then the EU will have to refuse an extension to Article 50. then it is no deal whether our government wants it or not. Or May‘s deal if the ERG allow that.

Sick Boy

Back in reality I’ve just told him nothing will have changed by then.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't disagree. But would we need a referendum to decide what question/questions we would be asked in a referendum? :shifty:

The Government and electoral commission would sort that out.

For me, a two stage referendum is the way forward. First question a simple ‘Remain’ or ‘Leave’, if Leave won again, a second question of ‘May’s Deal’ or ‘No Deal’. This solution covers most bases, even if it is imperfect.

Sick Boy

For me, a two stage referendum is the way forward. First question a simple ‘Remain’ or ‘Leave’, if Leave won again, a second question of ‘May’s Deal’ or ‘No Deal’. This solution covers most bases, even if it is imperfect.

I don’t disagree but how long would that take though? It would lead to the UK having to take part in the European elections.

tisza

problem with that it's a 6-8 month delay which again raises the issue of euro elections.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t disagree but how long would that take though? It would lead to the UK having to take part in the European elections.

Right now, if the UK asks for an extension past June/July (when the Euro elections are held) we would have to stand candidates.

For me, that would be a farce and a Brexit Party would most likely win by a large margin. So, I’d hope the UK Government and EU came to an agreement where we wouldn’t stand candidates and if we ended up Remaining, we could hold Euro elections.

Grendel

Right now, if the UK asks for an extension past June/July (when the Euro elections are held) we would have to stand candidates.

For me, that would be a farce and a Brexit Party would most likely win by a large margin. So, I’d hope the UK Government and EU came to an agreement where we wouldn’t stand candidates and if we ended up Remaining, we could hold Euro elections.

You really are insane if you think that’s even a probability not withstanding it would yield even more right wing extremists being elected if it happened as no one gives a fuck about European elections unless you oppose Europe

Mucca Mad Boys

problem with that it's a 6-8 month delay which again raises the issue of euro elections.

If May’s deal gets voted down a 3rd time, the indication is that we’d ask for a long term extension, between 1-2 years. We’d have to restart negotiations pretty much. A ‘soft Brexit’ could probably win a majority in Parliament but the Tories would probably implode, which makes another referendum more likely.

Mucca Mad Boys

You really are insane if you think that’s even a probability not withstanding it would yield even more right wing extremists being elected if it happened as no one gives a fuck about European elections unless you oppose Europe

Honestly, I don’t really care when European Elections would be held in that scenario, 0% interest.

I just fundamentally disagree with the idea of holding European Elections whilst going through the Brexit process when a referendum isn’t even on the cards. I would have thought we could find a common ground on this.

Sick Boy

Honestly, I don’t really care when European Elections would be held in that scenario, 0% interest.

I just fundamentally disagree with the idea of holding European Elections whilst going through the Brexit process when a referendum isn’t even on the cards. I would have thought we could find a common ground on this.

From what I’ve read I don’t think it’d be possible from a legal point of view.

tisza

problem it's a fixed time period across EU. EU can't move elections.
By law a minimum of 10 weeks to allow campaigning for a referendum plus about 12 weeks for electoral commission to decide on what the question would be,
Was reported it would probably take 6 months to set up a referendum at best - last one took 13 months. Apparently quickest has been 9 months

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

From what I’ve read I don’t think it’d be possible from a legal point of view.

Deferring European elections? I didn’t think you could.

So a long extension would probably mean we’d hold European Elections. As a Remainer, I find that distasteful.

tisza

If May’s deal gets voted down a 3rd time, the indication is that we’d ask for a long term extension, between 1-2 years. We’d have to restart negotiations pretty much. A ‘soft Brexit’ could probably win a majority in Parliament but the Tories would probably implode, which makes another referendum more likely.
any Brexit deal gets passed in Parliament is not going to go to a referendum.

Grendel

Most tories voted to remain - it’s a small minority that didn’t

Users who are viewing this thread