The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (62 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

We’re all past debating the ethics of a second referendum.

For or against another referendum, it’s becoming a political necessity to hold a new one. Parliament cannot pass a Brexit deal, the alternative to that is ‘No Deal’ which Parliament has also voted against. We’re running out of options because the only deal likely to pass Parliament is a Customs Union-aligned Brexit which will almost certainly make the Tories implode. The next step is an extension to Article 50, but that doesn’t change the position we’re in really.

Like or not, we’re probably heading to the ballot box on this issue again.
I don't disagree. But would we need a referendum to decide what question/questions we would be asked in a referendum? :shifty:

Astute

The only poster who has been shown to consistently twist what other posters say is you, as multiple people have pointed out now.
Strangely enough it is those who frequently are not truthful that come out with that rubbish. And as you know I have pulled you up for twisting the truth and proved it lots.

Would be much better if you wanted a debate but you don't.

And isn't it strange how Mart agrees with you......

martcov

Strangely enough it is those who frequently are not truthful that come out with that rubbish. And as you know I have pulled you up for twisting the truth and proved it lots.

No, it’s not strange at all as he is right.

Astute

May's deal/other Leave option versus Remain, made legally binding to avoid a rerun. No excuses for not turning out to vote so no complaints if the margin is narrow-whatever wins is what Parliament goes with. There is talk of an Article 50 extension by years, we're all sick to death of this dragging out and a second, binding vote would be a straightforward way of going forward
The only way I can think of getting around the problem would be a leave or remain question at the top of the voting form.

Then underneath maybe if we vote leave what would you like to happen.

But the problem with this is it doesn't matter what we vote for. The EU wants us to come to an agreement so negotiations can start. Then they will want what we have now. Us paying in billions of pounds each year. FOM. Trade deal as it is now. Us to follow their laws, rules and regulations and so on. And they will want the same if we leave. How could you put all them on a ballot form?

Do you agree with FOM
Do you agree with a free trade deal
Do you agree that we should pay billions of pounds each year

The more you think about it the easier a yes/No would be. But then you still have the problem of a bunch of idiots trying to sort it out.

Astute

No, it’s not strange at all as he is right.
Is that right? Why don't you show us all where I have lied.

And while you are at it how about the list of job losses we have occurred as you said earlier?

Of course you don't lie on here when it suits.

martcov

That's mostly just a pile of shit as you know.

Actually I don’t know that, nor do you. The opinion that everything’s dandy because theoretically everyone has a job who wants one is twisting facts. The UK job figures include part time workers. How many are on zero hours contracts? In Germany you were not allowed to have employment contracts less than 8 hours a week. Now, since January, it’s 15 hours minimum to be counted as a job. In the UK it is 1 hour ( I think. ).

Astute

That's mostly just a pile of shit as you know.
Pro EU shite.

Waiting for some truth from Mart. This fiasco will most probably be over before we get the truth from Mart. Just like last week when he tried to say he didn't try to blame the job losses at JLR on Brexit. Didn't take long to prove him wrong at being untruthful as usual.

Brighton Sky Blue

The more you think about it the easier a yes/No would be. But then you still have the problem of a bunch of idiots trying to sort it out.

Yes, it would be. But it's not tricky-Leave (of the most popular flavour) against Remain. Winner takes all, if Leave wins the negotiations on the next part can start. If Remain wins, we can forget this 3 year spell ever happened

Grendel

Yes, it would be. But it's not tricky-Leave (of the most popular flavour) against Remain. Winner takes all, if Leave wins the negotiations on the next part can start. If Remain wins, we can forget this 3 year spell ever happened

It would never be winner takes all though would it

Sick Boy

You frequently try to present your personal opinion as ‘the truth’ and consistently play the straw man attempt to put words into people’s mouths, it weird.

Astute

If leave wins it would solve nothing.

Look at this thread. The lies. The insults. The accusations. Another leave vote would leave them saying exactly the same thing. And if we voted remain and it is close.....And who would say it wouldn't be?

The rabid remainers would be replaced by the rabid leavers.

Astute

You frequently try to present your personal opinion as ‘the truth’ and consistently play the straw man attempt to put words into people’s mouths, it weird.
How can I put words in your mouth? All I do is question what you say when it is wrong. If you didn't constantly say things that are wrong I wouldn't constantly correct you.

When others are mistaken I show them where they are wrong. Those who are here for a debate accept it and it is forgotten about. You and a few others would prefer to insult and lie instead though.

So now I don't lie but I put words in your mouth?

Amazing.

Sick Boy

How can I put words in your mouth? All I do is question what you say when it is wrong. If you didn't constantly say things that are wrong I wouldn't constantly correct you.

When others are mistaken I show them where they are wrong. Those who are here for a debate accept it and it is forgotten about. You and a few others would prefer to insult and lie instead though.

Amazing.

I’ve never said you lie, that’s something else you’ve made up.

Most of the personal abuse on here is directed at Mart, yet you never call those posters who abuse him up on it.

Why is that?

How does that abuse help with having a civilized debate?

It’s nice to see you’ve proclaimed yourself as the fountain of truth as well, fucking hell haha

Ashdown

Actually I don’t know that, nor do you. The opinion that everything’s dandy because theoretically everyone has a job who wants one is twisting facts. The UK job figures include part time workers. How many are on zero hours contracts? In Germany you were not allowed to have employment contracts less than 8 hours a week. Now, since January, it’s 15 hours minimum to be counted as a job. In the UK it is 1 hour ( I think. ).
It's full of a lot of shite because companies are not just shedding jobs because of Brexit even though that list implies they are. The economic slowdown across Europe and especially China is the biggest influence plus the changes in the car market and the general economic cycle are all bigger factors.......the same reasons that other companies are hiring.

Astute

It's full of a lot of shite because companies are not just shedding jobs because of Brexit even though that list implies they are. The economic slowdown across Europe and especially China is the biggest influence plus the changes in the car market and the general economic cycle are all bigger factors.......the same reasons that other companies are hiring.
It is a wonder that he hasn't blamed Brexit for the countries in the EU not doing very well.

Astute

I’ve never said you lie, that’s something else you’ve made up.

Most of the personal abuse on here is directed at Mart, yet you never call those posters who abuse him up on it.

Why is that?

How does that abuse help with having a civilized debate?

It’s nice to see you’ve proclaimed yourself as the fountain of truth as well, fucking hell haha
Haven't you?

Would you like to categorically say that you never have? Go on. I dare you. Then I will put up a list of times you have. Then I will have proven my point.

martcov

Pro EU shite.

Waiting for some truth from Mart. This fiasco will most probably be over before we get the truth from Mart. Just like last week when he tried to say he didn't try to blame the job losses at JLR on Brexit. Didn't take long to prove him wrong at being untruthful as usual.

You didn’t.

martcov

Look at this thread. The lies. The insults. The accusations. Another leave vote would leave them saying exactly the same thing. And if we voted remain and it is close.....And who would say it wouldn't be?

The rabid leavers are already out in force. Their project is collapsing around them and they getting angrier and angrier.

martcov

Amazing.

Yes you are always putting words in people’s mouths. Amazing.

Brighton Sky Blue

If most people want May’s deal it would happen.

I just want the fucking thing done

martcov

Me too. But, I want the people to decide on the facts that we now know. I hope that more comes out about how the referendum was bought and where Bank‘s money came from. I think Farage’s march will show people what a shyster he is. So many put their faith in liars like him. I want to see him exposed for what he is and then a fairly conducted referendum on whatever deal May finally puts on the table v remain.

martcov

I’m waiting for his posts calling out other posters for dishing out personal abuse, strangely enough I think I’ll be waiting for a long time

Well considering he’s neutral you would think he would be countering the rabid leavers instead of hiding when they start behaving like .... they do.

Astute

I’m waiting for his posts calling out other posters for dishing out personal abuse, strangely enough I think I’ll be waiting for a long time
Why not go with what you keep saying? Then I can prove you wrong and then keep linking it each time you start again. So would link it nearly every day I post.

So who gives the Abuse and lies? Shall we see who comes out with the most? There is a lot but not from the direction you make it out to be.

Astute

As you know most people only see the worse in it. Leavers see us still tied to the EU. Remainers see it as us out of the EU.

Had enough? My life has been put on hold because of it. The whole thing is a bloody joke.

Brighton Sky Blue

As you know most people only see the worse in it. Leavers see us still tied to the EU. Remainers see it as us out of the EU.

Had enough? My life has been put on hold because of it. The whole thing is a bloody joke.

Going to Germany on holiday in April-still don’t know what we’ll need to provide at the gate. Would stay if I could

Users who are viewing this thread