The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (82 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

To be fair you also said that the UK would be able to dictate terms due to buying wine and cheese ;)
The only outcome I can see now is an extension of article 50 and a general election....and probably another hung parliament

Where is the German car industry when you need it?

Astute

Where is the German car industry when you need it?
Are you saying that the German car industry won't suffer with a bad Brexit? If not what are you trying to say.

Remember when you tried to blame all JLR problems on Brexit?

Ashdown

Fucking hell Mart, you really are excited at the prospect of anything bad for the UK. Your attitude is so transparent that you want the UK punished !......They used to have a word for your sort and it didn't go well for them. In the meantime you'll be delighted that the Establishment are fixing it that Brexit won't happen, still everything's rosy in the garden innit ......if you're in the London clique !

martcov

Fucking hell Mart, you really are excited at the prospect of anything bad for the UK. Your attitude is so transparent that you want the UK punished !......They used to have a word for your sort and it didn't go well for them. In the meantime you'll be delighted that the Establishment are fixing it that Brexit won't happen, still everything's rosy in the garden innit ......if you're in the London clique !

The opposite.

I think Brexit will be a disaster.

I am not at all excited about Brexit.

It will cost the country dearly.

I don’t see why you think that you will be any better off from Brexit. I just don’t get your enthusiasm for this act of self harm. Really don’t.

martcov

Will you be marching with the traitors led by Farage? I will be with the remainers on 23. March in London protesting against Brexit with my daughter. #HangFarage

SkyblueBazza

As long as we stay in (& keep feeding) the EU, he really doesn't care the damage it does to the UK in any way whatsoever.

Future elections & referenda might yield only 10% turnout...but as l9ng as we tow the EU line all will be well/shit depend8ng on your stance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Here we go again..."EU says no more Brexit talks with UK, risk of no-deal increased" - EU says no more Brexit talks with UK, risk of no-deal increased | Reuters

Does that mean JC is less keen on an election? Obviously his idea of a deal is a com0lete non-starter If they will not renegotiate. If true it basically means we must leave without a deal...because the one they offer/agree has now in effect been rejected twice.

Imo...someone will blink before 29th March

martcov

As long as we stay in (& keep feeding) the EU, he really doesn't care the damage it does to the UK in any way whatsoever.

Future elections & referenda might yield only 10% turnout...but as l9ng as we tow the EU line all will be well/shit depend8ng on your stance

The damage is caused by Brexit. I posted what others say, e.g. the commonwealth Partners. „utter bollocks“, or no „empire 2.0“. If you still think Brexit is a good idea despite everything collapsing around your head, then fair play, but leave me out of your conspiracy theories.

We will be worse off out than in the EU. There is no doubt about that.

Let’s hope we get a second vote.

martcov

Here we go again..."EU says no more Brexit talks with UK, risk of no-deal increased" - EU says no more Brexit talks with UK, risk of no-deal increased | Reuters

Does that mean JC is less keen on an election? Obviously his idea of a deal is a com0lete non-starter If they will not renegotiate. If true it basically means we must leave without a deal...because the one they offer/agree has now in effect been rejected twice.

Imo...someone will blink before 29th March

IMO a second referendum is the only way out of this disaster.

If leave wins again, then god help the UK. Personally, I think it would be the end of the UK.

Astute

Yes truthful Mart.

Now they are not going to influence a referendum, so maybe this time their assesment is more realistic. Apropos experts, I see JLR are introducing a three day week for a short time. No doubt nothing whatsoever to do with Brexit. More Brexit bluster, and strategic scaremongering.

I've got to be honest Mart. I work in the JLR supply chain and I fully expect it to collapse next year if we don't get a deal.
But I can't see how they can blame the current situation on Brexit.
The two diesel saloons they bought out in 2015 have been a disaster and there have been several poor strategic decisions.
Then you went quiet on your blaming of Brexit.

martcov

I really think you should explain your logic. Brexit is damaging the UK. I don’t want the UK to be damaged.

You claim I really don’t care. I do care and am going to London to Protest against the people doing this to our country. You then say that we are feeding the EU. We aren’t.

We pay into the EU because it benefits us. It really is simple.

Please tell me the tangible benefits to leaving the largest trading bloc in the world.

If it’s the usual crap..

Control our money: it’s crashed

Control our borders: we could have. We have a net loss of Eastern European EU citizens and a huge rise in ROW migrants.

Sovereignty: parliament is doing its job, but brexiters want to force it into a hard Brexit.

martcov

Yes truthful Mart.

Then you went quiet on your blaming of Brexit.

I didn’t blame everything on Brexit. I don’t accept that it has nothing to do with Brexit.

There is more than one factor. One is over capacity in the motor industry. Another is the problem with diesel. Another is the preparation for electric cars and how soon that will happen. Electric car manufacturing should need less staff.

Then we have the uncertainty caused by Brexit. This means laying out money to provide for a no deal scenario.

I was pointing out that to put Speth‘s assessments down to Brexit bluster doesn’t get Brexit off the hook.

Twisting a sarcastic post to fit your argument.

I don’t believe I have been quiet on blaming Brexit for the mess we are in.

martcov

I'm not sure what you're on about? Are you suggesting that because I haven't attributed the JLR problems to Brexit, (which I don't), that I don't or shouldn't attribute any problems to it?

He’s trying to get at me, but somehow brought you into it. You were correcting me in the quote. Which I didn’t dispute, just I think Brexit is one of several factors and not completely off the hook.

He didn’t quote my answer to your post for some reason.

clint van damme

He’s trying to get at me, but somehow brought you into it. You were correcting me in the quote. Which I didn’t dispute, just I think Brexit is one of several factors and not completely off the hook.

He didn’t quote my answer to your post for some reason.

I think I misunderstood Astutes post Mart, which is why I deleted my reply. Thought it was aimed at me.
Must be a bit light headed after last nights excitement at the Ricoh!

Grendel

I didn’t blame everything on Brexit. I don’t accept that it has nothing to do with Brexit.

There is more than one factor. One is over capacity in the motor industry. Another is the problem with diesel. Another is the preparation for electric cars and how soon that will happen. Electric car manufacturing should need less staff.

Then we have the uncertainty caused by Brexit. This means laying out money to provide for a no deal scenario.

I was pointing out that to put Speth‘s assessments down to Brexit bluster doesn’t get Brexit off the hook.

Twisting a sarcastic post to fit your argument.

I don’t believe I have been quiet on blaming Brexit for the mess we are in.

It has nothing to do with Brexit

martcov

Mit
They need to hurry up and get on with it, clowns in parliament are trying to crash what the majority voted for

Traitors

Brexit is crashing itself as there was no majority for any specific version of leave. Added together, all possible leave versions gave a 52:48 majority on that day 3 years ago. The promises made to get that majority have been proven be based on lies or false premises. The people who told you it would be easy and that we hold all the cards are the traitors. Self interest above the country’s interests.

martcov

So why should we continue to follow the EU's demands?

What demands? Do you mean consenting to follow the regulatory system which increases our home market to 500 Million people? Bigger than the USA and being the largest trading block in the world? Setting minimum standards for workers, environment and hygiene? I would have thought that was self explanatory. What is harder to understand is why give that up based upon predictions from people like Farage, Banks and Rees Mogg, all of whom will do well out of Brexit, whereas thousands of less wealthy people will be worse off. It is a conundrum.

shmmeee

Do you really think people are happy about Brexit fucking things up? This is a natural reaction you get when you blather on about project fear every time this shit was warned about. It’s not “yay! This is happening”, it’s “fucking told you you bunch of morons! Do you see now!?”

If the news was full of Brexit positives (lol) then you’d see a bunch of quite embarrassed but pretty happy Remainers *because it means our country isn’t getting fucked*

The ideological, anti-British ones are the Brexiteers sticking their fingers in their ears about the damage their pet project is doing.

Captain Dart

tisza

What demands? Do you mean consenting to follow the regulatory 9system which increases our home market to 500 Million people? Bigger than the USA and being the largest trading block in the world? Setting minimum standards for workers, environment and hygiene? I would have thought that was self explanatory. What is harder to understand is why give that up based upon predictions from people like Farage, Banks and Rees Mogg, all of whom will do well out of Brexit, whereas thousands of less wealthy people will be worse off. It is a conundrum.
This is a problem. The EEC has mutated from a free trade organisation into the EU. The EU is not what people signed up to.
Genuinely do not get this view that EU responsible for certain types of standard like workers, environment, hygiene. No evidence to suggest British govts of any political hue are incapable of creating such legislation of their own. We can change govts every 5 years to ensure we get the legislation we need.
It's become an elitist view from Brussels (not necessarily from European govts) that only they can create proper legislation.
The problem with Brexit is that once a decision was made to leave people/politicians etc. did not get together to put forward a unified response from Parliament to the EU.
Remainers seem to to think if a 2nd referendum is held that everyone will get behind the outcome. Hasn't happened with the 1st one. Sure Brussels does not want a large number of hostile MEPs arriving if UK is forced to field candidates in summer elections.
I'm an expat now and apart from a few countries like Germany there is a lot of concern at the way control is being centralised in many areas govts didn't sign up to.

Users who are viewing this thread