The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well that is easy. Just look at the order of the posts. I think the only one where I answered his is when I was on another thread and coincidentally saw him. I only have to fart and he’s there. Anyway he has given me the day off because has to work 5 days a week between stalking. He’ll be back this evening to carry on though.
Jesus Christ you don't relent . Feeling sorry for yourself has reached new levels. You've spent the whole day licking your wounds and banging on about how wronged you've been, without me even contrbuting. Stop acting like a spoilt child and grow a pair.
I'm on my lunch break now . If you persist in this "troll" thing in my absence then you'll be busting a blood vessel tonight.
It's your choice . I'd back off.

Captain Dart

May is putting on a show. Last minute concession coming up!

Meanwhile there is a counter revolution in progress.

Grappa

D1Y6-sQWkAAMa1U.png

Captain Dart

martcov

Getting worrying:

Brexit fallout on UK finance intensifies - think tank

Even if the deal gets passed. It is only the prelude to the start of trade negotiations with the EU. The ROW agreements have proved to be difficult to roll over. Only a very small percentage of our exports to ROW under existing deals are covered by roll overs as it stands. Countries are not playing ball as they know we are in a very weak position. The EU also knows that and, acting as a trade bloc, have the upper hand.

This situation is not what was promised by the people pushing leave.

Leaving without a deal puts us entirely at the mercy of the USA. We will be begging for a deal to bring back to the public as a success of Brexit and will take anything.

Good news for the Trump administration who are great buddies with a major figure in the leave campaign and with it’s biggest donor.

Sky Blue Pete

I think it will.

Regardless of if you're pro or anti, it surely isn't a good state of affairs that it will go through based on politics other than the merits of the deal, and a vast minority from Northern Ireland hold the key.

Surely both sides should allow a free vote?
Not just minority in the house but complete at odds with the will of the people in Northern Ireland

Sky Blue Pete

What's going on?
May claiming the game. She’s got the legal changes she said she would and expects mps to agree. Others saying withdrawal agreement fundamentally the same and the is just a copy of the letter Eu previously gave but with embossed paper and they are really going to try hard to avoid a backstop in Northern Ireland

skybluetony176

I think it will.

Regardless of if you're pro or anti, it surely isn't a good state of affairs that it will go through based on politics other than the merits of the deal, and a vast minority from Northern Ireland hold the key.

Surely both sides should allow a free vote?

If it does it will be tight. The ERG aren’t behind it according to Robert Peston. She’s reliant on the Labour Party to get it through.

Captain Dart

Anyone think May’s deal will now get through? I think it might just scrape through
Attorney General's opinion doesn't look promising. The DUP are unlikely to accept the instrument from last night. The EU are just watching the UK government infighting from afar. May is not showing true leadership she has let Barnier trap her in an impossible position.

skybluetony176

If the DUP jump, they'll jump. We're getting close to the stage where they have to decide whether leave means leave, or if they want to vote againbst the deal to leave, and risk us staying in.

May’s latest assurances are a bit like Eric Morecambe playing the piano. She’s using all the same words just in a different order. General consensus seems to be nothing has changed. Even Cox hasn’t made a good fist at confirming that there’s change. She’s got that and a verbal promise from Vadakar that seems to be full of get out clauses. I can’t see the DUP going for it as it’s being presented at this moment in time although I might be wrong. There’s still time for change and no doubt there might be some movement yet. I agree though that if the DUP back it the ERG will also. That’s her challenge.

Astute

Anyone think May’s deal will now get through? I think it might just scrape through
Remember months ago when I said that although it didn't look at all that May would be able to push it through I could see a chance of it getting through at the last minute after she stalled until the last minute? Then some on here said why there was no chance of it going through. IIRC that was your thoughts also.

May has delayed as long as she can. Reality has hit home.

We are down to the 3 choices I said about months ago.

Agree to the May deal.

Turn down May deal and risk a no deal.

Turn down May deal but look for a way of still being tied to the EU. This is either temporary while a deal is sorted out or remaining in the EU.

I still can't see a chance of a no deal going through. 80% of MP's are against it. Because they are against breaking ties with the EU.

So what are we left with?

May deal? Still in the EU until at least the end of 2020. Nearly 2 years to come to agreements. Good chance not long enough.

No May deal? Have a feeling it would lead us into remaining in the EU. Whoever is leading the Tories going towards remaining. Who could go against it? Certainly not Corbyn. Although he wants out the Labour party got him to say he wants to remain.

It is now getting a bit interesting :shifty:

SkyBlueDom26

No chance of it getting through, we can't legally leave the backstop without the EU twats agreeing to it

Very interesting times ahead

Captain Dart

It is all very depressing. The only sure exit from the EU is the way 3/4 of MPs won't take.

But they surely can't delay article 50, it will do no good and if we are still in the EU when the MEPs reconvene in July then surely we must hold European elections in May and that will send many Brexit supporting MEPs from the UK to Strasbourg.

martcov

It is all very depressing. The only sure exit from the EU is the way 3/4 of MPs won't take.

But they surely can't delay article 50, it will do no good and if we are still in the EU when the MEPs reconvene in July then surely we must hold European elections in May and that will send many Brexit supporting MEPs from the UK to Strasbourg.

Considering that Brexit supporters think that the EU is undemocratic, it is a bit ironic that the democracy of the EU insists that we have democratic representatives even if we are leaving in the future , but are still in the EU at the time of the elections. It may be that we roll over the existing mandates if the new leave day is imminent. Whatever happens, we are not leaving on 29 March.

bezzer

"Here is a turd"

"I don't want the turd"

"You fucking traitor. I went to a lot of trouble to get you the turd. Take it"

"I will not"

[later]

"I got you something"

"Is it a turd?"

"Yes, but I also have a piece of paper with the words 'THIS IS NOT A TURD' written on it"

Users who are viewing this thread