The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Sky Blue

You list Allah and then ask why Catholic God exists when Allah doesn’t. You should probably learn some basics before asking such a question. Separating Allah from god tells me that you don’t understand that Islam and Christianity both celebrate the same god. As does Judaism.

Catholic God acts differently to Allah who acts differently to Yahwe. Also neat of you to dodge the main subject ie why do these beings exist when the thousands of others don’t.

skybluetony176

Catholic God acts differently to Allah who acts differently to Yahwe. Also neat of you to dodge the main subject ie why do these beings exist when the thousands of others don’t.

Who says they don’t? To people of faith they exist. I’m an atheist myself. Just don’t see that gives me the right to tell someone of faith that they don’t. I guess the clue is the word faith.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

What’s arrogant about that? Too many to count have lost their lives in the name of fictional beings and books written in the desert for thousands of years. Only in recent times has criticism of religion been accepted.
It’s your opinion, respect and be respected. Refering to sky wizards is a way of disagreeing that belittles the other persons opinion. That’s all

Brighton Sky Blue

Who says they don’t? To people of faith they exist. I’m an atheist myself. Just don’t se that gives me the right to tell someone of faith that they don’t. I guess the clue is the word faith.

Because JRM uses his faith to argue for legislation and lecture others. Spent too much of my life having religion foisted on me.

Sky Blue Pete

Would Jesus be a 'leave means leave', or a remainer?
Been having this conversation with our vicar. He thinks It’s a red herring and it’s by focusing on reconciliation and unity we will chart a course with whatever decisions are taken that we can’t change. Pretty sure he’d be all for a human answear and a-political

martcov

Been having this conversation with our vicar. He thinks It’s a red herring and it’s by focusing on reconciliation and unity we will chart a course with whatever decisions are taken that we can’t change. Pretty sure he’d be all for a human answear and a-political

I don’t think he would be on the side of people who are knowingly leading the people to a situation which is worse for them.

martcov

Who says they don’t? To people of faith they exist. I’m an atheist myself. Just don’t see that gives me the right to tell someone of faith that they don’t. I guess the clue is the word faith.

They exist in the minds of believers. Many many different forms of gods and spirits. But, they don’t actually exist in the real world. No one has yet shown the existence of any of the thousands of gods. They only answer they give is „believe“ when challenged. Have faith, in other words, in something in space that has properties that men have given it. It really is weird. But, people say things like you must believe in something when there is no evidence. Uncanny, that the word „believe“ keeps cropping up in the Brexit debate. Especially from those pushing leave. That alone suggests that they have no facts to back their „belief“ up.

Brighton Sky Blue

So I don’t lend respect to opinions which don’t deserve it. The idea of supernatural beings allowed people of the past to explain what they couldn’t and to control society. It has always been man made and immeasurable numbers of people have suffered for thousands of years to please something which isn’t real.

Prayers don’t save lives. Hoping for things to happen doesn’t make them so. Call me a cynic, and I am, but I can’t respect those who peddle a myth.

Sky Blue Pete

So I don’t lend respect to opinions which don’t deserve it. The idea of supernatural beings allowed people of the past to explain what they couldn’t and to control society. It has always been man made and immeasurable numbers of people have suffered for thousands of years to please something which isn’t real.

Prayers don’t save lives. Hoping for things to happen doesn’t make them so. Call me a cynic, and I am, but I can’t respect those who peddle a myth.
Ok. Myth is a good word. Myth is a story to tell a universal truth much like many of the major world religions creation stories. I’d hope if we were friends you could respect my life and Christian beliefs in the same way I respect you and your beliefs in random events affecting life and living well being a consequence of where you were born, your family and friends beliefs , the country you were born in and the age in history and your choices and abilities to work hard and persevere. I believe that Jesus was a real living person and that there is order in this chaos through god. I also believe that a life lived well in community and charity with those around us is possible with or without faith and should be applauded and loved. We are so much better as a people together than apart.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ok. Myth is a good word. Myth is a story to tell a universal truth much like many of the major world religions creation stories. I’d hope if we were friends you could respect my life and Christian beliefs in the same way I respect you and your beliefs in random events affecting life and living well being a consequence of where you were born, your family and friends beliefs , the country you were born in and the age in history and your choices and abilities to work hard and persevere. I believe that Jesus was a real living person and that there is order in this chaos through god. I also believe that a life lived well in community and charity with those around us is possible with or without faith and should be applauded and loved. We are so much better as a people together than apart.

Think this has run its course. For what it’s worth I do think that Jesus was real but not a son of a deity.

I have no issue with those who practice religion without putting themselves on pedestals or using it to dictate to others how they should live. There are still parts of the world where refusing to believe in a fictional being costs you your life. We need to stop clinging to ancient books written by socially conservative men.

Sky Blue Pete

Think this has run its course. For what it’s worth I do think that Jesus was real but not a son of a deity.

I have no issue with those who practice religion without putting themselves on pedestals or using it to dictate to others how they should live. There are still parts of the world where refusing to believe in a fictional being costs you your life. We need to stop clinging to ancient books written by socially conservative men.
Was just about to say the same. Sorry to hijack the Eu thread. Bless you

SkyblueBazza

Christianity had a fundamental purpose at its peak to force workers into deprivation and slavery to the landowners on the pretence of a better life on the other side. The people on this side doing the preaching oddly already had a good life
And convinced them of things like "Idle hands do the devils work" to scare them into working long & hard

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

You list Allah and then ask why Catholic God exists when Allah doesn’t. You should probably learn some basics before asking such a question. Separating Allah from god tells me that you don’t understand that Islam and Christianity both celebrate the same god. As does Judaism.
What actual evidence do you have of this God thing/person other than people talking?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Astute

The one subject that is bigger than any other has come onto the biggest thread ever :rolleyes:

Did anything ever happen in Bethlehem Jerusalem?

If I start a rumour off at work it is always interesting to hear what is said a couple of days later. I wonder what this rumour would sound like a couple of thousand years later.

Egypt has some astounding architecture for its day. They had enough gold to keep burying it. They are like the rich neighbour who has everything. Bethlehem and Jerusalem are just up the road. Was it started off by jealous neighbours who were skint and living in shacks?

There is more of a chance of the world being a simulated game.

Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than not

We might live in a computer program, but it may not matter

God and Jesus could be real and a part of the unreality that we could all be a part of. They could have been added to show where we are to think we came from. But who are we to get our heads around this when the most intelligent minds have been trying for hundreds of years.

It doesn't matter what you do or don't believe in. Nobody has the right to call anyone for what they believe in no matter how far fetched it seems to them. Until something is proven beyond doubt there is still a possibility. Even the best minds on our planet can't agree on anything.

If you believe in a God fair play to you. And fair play to you if you think we are a part of a simulation. We are close to making it a reality ourselves. As long as your thoughts or actions don't harm anyone you should be allowed them without interference.

Captain Dart

fernandopartridge

'Ms Berger said Labour had become institutionally anti-Semitic and she was "embarrassed and ashamed" to stay.'

Institutionally anti-Semitic?

So she'll form a party with a load of others formerly of same institution. It'll be interesting to see how she polls when not parachuted into a safe Labour seat as she was.

Captain Dart

Brighton Sky Blue

So she'll form a party with a load of others formerly of same institution. It'll be interesting to see how she polls when not parachuted into a safe Labour seat as she was.

In so doing she will guarantee a Tory government in perpetuity, along with the fence-sitting addicts in the Lib Dems. If there is evidence of institutional anti-Semitism, let her present it. Where are the anti-Semitic policy positions? Where have its leading members expressed anti-Semitic views?

stupot07

The language they used was very strong and some serious accusations. They must have evidence to back it up.

The labour party are in a right mess. Given the total farce the Tories are making with Brexit, he's still below May in the polls.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Back down to earth the news I prematurely reported a few days ago is happening. Labour split.
Seven MPs leave Labour Party
And shows the difference between Labour and Tories. Whatever the Tory differences, they stay together and fight as a unit - even Brexit hasn't split them (yet!). The centre - left of this country is so busy fighting itself, they destroy all hope of fighting effectively the Tories!

Brighton Sky Blue

And shows the difference between Labour and Tories. Whatever the Tory differences, they stay together and fight as a unit - even Brexit hasn't split them (yet!). The centre - left of this country is so busy fighting itself, they destroy all hope of fighting effectively the Tories!

Except for when over 100 MPs voted to oust the leader

Users who are viewing this thread