The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captain Dart

So May has had talks with all leaders except for Corbyn.

And he could be the next PM. Labour needs a new leader ASAP.
It is beginning to look like his party will turn on him soon. Even mad Kevin Macguire posted a negative tweet tonight and he was a full on supporter of JC not so long ago. The worm is turning.

Ian1779

Yes remove it. But as you will know I have been saying they all need to work together. But he seems more interested in becoming the next PM than saving us from this mess. He has the chance of making a name for himself. We could see the real Corbyn. Now we are left wondering why he won't.

Do you not think it’s odd that she conversed with the ones that all want a 2nd Ref/Peoples Vote. Yet the one who in reality wants to see Brexit through has not engaged with her?

Mucca Mad Boys

She has said she has spoken with all leaders except for Corbyn.

Corbyn in Parliament today said the Labour Party will only open dialogue with the Government if the PM announces that she will rule out a no deal Brexit. This is a valid position because this is now the legal alternative after the her deal was defeated yesterday. The SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru and Greens are all opposed to no deal and want the Government to rule that out too. The only parliamentary majority on Brexit is on preventing a no deal.

Theresa May is also seemingly unwilling to reconsider any of her ‘red lines’ set out at Lancaster House in 2017. One of those being the Customs Union which the Government has ruled out. Don’t be fooled by her rhetoric because her actions thus far don’t seem to indicate a willingness to compromise. We’ll see in the coming days if this will change.

She’s done this to deliberately try and sway the public into thinking Labour is putting party politics above the national interest. She played party politics by not seeking a cross-party solution to Brexit from Day 1, and by calling a GE when she already had a parliamentary majority (because at that point Labour looked like they would get pummelled). If losing her majority wasn’t a wake up call, she still didn’t seek cross-party support. She’s run the clock down on this deal, threatened the country with ‘No Brexit’ or ‘No Deal’ if her deal wasn’t passed through Parliament.

Theresa May is not one to be giving anyone lectures on acting in the national interest.

Brighton Sky Blue

Palimentarians have united in hijacking the result of the referendum. Leave means leave. I did not anticipate making deals and having terms laid down by thebrussels eliete telling us what we can and can't do. Just bloody leave. Stand tall as a country. We are more than big enough and will be very successful on our own. The EU is not the prize it was dreamt up to be and never will be. They want a federal state with one currency, one army, one government. The UK will disappear as will France, Germany etc. Edward Heath was the instigator and traitor to our country signing us away back in the 70's and keeping the real reasons and future plans from the public.

Yes it's all one Kraut-Frog conspiracy to make people on different pieces of rock put aside the bullshit and co-operate. Honestly if you were born a few hundred miles south you'd be wanking into a tricolour

Otis

Corbyn in Parliament today said the Labour Party will only open dialogue with the Government if the PM announces that she will rule out a no deal Brexit. This is a valid position because this is now the legal alternative after the her deal was defeated yesterday. The SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru and Greens are all opposed to no deal and want the Government to rule that out too. The only parliamentary majority on Brexit is on preventing a no deal.

Theresa May is also seemingly unwilling to reconsider any of her ‘red lines’ set out at Lancaster House in 2017. One of those being the Customs Union which the Government has ruled out. Don’t be fooled by her rhetoric because her actions thus far don’t seem to indicate a willingness to compromise. We’ll see in the coming days if this will change.

She’s done this to deliberately try and sway the public into thinking Labour is putting party politics above the national interest. She played party politics by not seeking a cross-party solution to Brexit from Day 1, and by calling a GE when she already had a parliamentary majority (because at that point Labour looked like they would get pummelled). If losing her majority wasn’t a wake up call, she still didn’t seek cross-party support. She’s run the clock down on this deal, threatened the country with ‘No Brexit’ or ‘No Deal’ if her deal wasn’t passed through Parliament.

Theresa May is not one to be giving anyone lectures on acting in the national interest.
Exactly.

How has she been acting in the national interest when she has been pushing a deal that no-one wants. Not even people in her own party.

She's allowed red lines and everyone else isn't?

Astute

OK all. So Corbyn is spot on and should say what will or won't happen before they talk about what happens next.

Some people need to take off their pro EU and pro Labour hats off to see what is going on. We won't be leaving the EU. As I have said all along I don't think May really wants to take us out. She is a remainer. She is sacrificing her political career to make the Tories look the good ones to those who voted out. Project fear is working. And Corbyn hasn't got the brain cells to work it out. He went against his principles to go against May. So he isn't going to get what his principles wanted yet he is going to come out of this not looking good to the floating voters who voted leave. But on the other hand you have May who tried to follow what was voted for who will not be PM and Tory MP's who went against her. This will take votes away from Labour.

I don't know which way we will stay in the EU. You can't make decisions on what you don't know. But I have called just about everything correctly so far. You can't trust a politician. This shitfest has a long way to go yet.

Otis

OK all. So Corbyn is spot on and should say what will or won't happen before they talk about what happens next.

Some people need to take off their pro EU and pro Labour hats off to see what is going on. We won't be leaving the EU. As I have said all along I don't think May really wants to take us out. She is a remainer. She is sacrificing her political career to make the Tories look the good ones to those who voted out. Project fear is working. And Corbyn hasn't got the brain cells to work it out. He went against his principles to go against May. So he isn't going to get what his principles wanted yet he is going to come out of this not looking good to the floating voters who voted leave. But on the other hand you have May who tried to follow what was voted for who will not be PM and Tory MP's who went against her. This will take votes away from Labour.

I don't know which way we will stay in the EU. You can't make decisions on what you don't know. But I have called just about everything correctly so far. You can't trust a politician. This shitfest has a long way to go yet.
I agree.

I don't really trust any of them at the moment and Labour need to make their position crystal clear.

I understand it is tough for Corbyn in his not wanting to piss off many of his own party and Labour voters, but they need to come out with a definitive standpoint.

A lot of business leaders are now calling for a second referendum, as well as many in his own party.

Astute

Exactly.

How has she been acting in the national interest when she has been pushing a deal that no-one wants. Not even people in her own party.

Do you think a remainer really wanted to take us out Otis?

She has said she will see this through and go. The Tories will come out of this well.

Astute

I agree.

I don't really trust any of them at the moment and Labour need to make their position crystal clear.

I understand it is tough for Corbyn in his not wanting to piss off many of his own party and Labour voters, but they need to come out with a definitive standpoint.

A lot of business leaders are now calling for a second referendum, as well as many in his own party.
Exactly. He has been made to look a dithering idiot who doesn't know what he wants. Yet he still won't say what he wants.

Otis

I don't know the stats of the split, but how many of the Tory government are for Brexit and how many are remain? You know?

Otis

I know there is bias with the newspapers, but dear me. You have to laugh.

Screenshot_2019-01-17-06-20-11.png

Corbyn slams door on Theresa. Surname, first name.

Otis

I can only imagine a Daily Mail story like this in children's storybook style.

'Dainty, sweet little Theresa of whitest teeth and purest heart , was playing softly in the meadow, when suddenly the hideous, ugly Corbyn appeared, breathing fire and dribbling snot.

Pretty little, slim and innocent angel, Theresa yelped and tried to run, but the disgusting old and decrepit, fat Corbyn chased her down.

Honest, pure and cherub-like Theresa said in her sweetest and most beautiful voice 'Go away ugly monster. You are not welcome here'.

The disgusting and smelly, crooked-toothed Corbyn grunted and stomped away.'

The end.

Astute

I don't know the stats of the split, but how many of the Tory government are for Brexit and how many are remain? You know?
The majority of MP's are against leaving. Then we have those following May that could well be remainers. But over 100 of them went against her. And as I say I don't trust politicians.

Sick Boy

Exactly.

She is a massive hypocrite going on about people putting their own agenda aside and coming together for the national interest, all while having her own red flags.

Astute

No way, she is just incompetent
That could be right. But can't see it myself.

As you know I have been saying about her running the clock down for ages. And I see the EU as being in on it. Look at their comments from the start. We can stay in and they won't hold it against us. They regret we are leaving. Our planes won't be able to fly. The European court says we can just cancel Brexit. We can't take our dogs on holiday. London will lose all European rights. The majority of MP's are against Brexit.

The list continues.

Astute

She is a massive hypocrite going on about people putting their own agenda aside and coming together for the national interest, all while having her own red flags.
What else do you expect from a PM? When did we last have a decent PM?

Sick Boy

That could be right. But can't see it myself.

As you know I have been saying about her running the clock down for ages. And I see the EU as being in on it. Look at their comments from the start. We can stay in and they won't hold it against us. They regret we are leaving. Our planes won't be able to fly. The European court says we can just cancel Brexit. We can't take our dogs on holiday. London will lose all European rights. The majority of MP's are against Brexit.

The list continues.

Don’t buy it myself, it’s not it like she is a dedicated europhile either and there are plenty of pro-Brexit ministers.

I remember being laughed at on here for suggesting it would take at least a decade for the UK to leave due to the complexity of it all.

‘Project Fear’ was and is done by both sides, as you well know.

skybluetony176

You need to stop talking like a rabid moron.

He hasn’t said what will and won’t happen. He’s said that he won’t talk until no deal is of the table. That’s called setting out the foundations for talks.

Users who are viewing this thread