The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

For all the many faults they all have there was one thing I didn't realise about Boris, (that I don't think can be levelled at the others), until I watched th BBC Foreign office documentary, and that is that he is bone idle.

It’s a common observation about him. Max Hastings was very scathing about him when he was a journalist

Grendel

I find Gove slimy and disingenuous.

I hope he never gets anywhere near the prime. ministerial seat.

The whole thing is a mess and May should stand down. Humiliation for her yesterday in the deal vote.

Needs someone else at the helm.

Obviously not Gove though.

The last thing that can happen is May stands down - she has to see it to the end now

clint van damme

It’s a common observation about him. Max Hastings was very scathing about him when he was a journalist

i hadn't realised until I watched that show, you could see the civil servants getting really pissed off with him as they tried to prepare him for public engagements.

Otis

The last thing that can happen is May stands down - she has to see it to the end now
What happens if she stands down then? Can she not just be replaced? I know she now can't be ousted, but what happens if she just quits?

NorthernWisdom

Well that's what I thought, so don't get why Grendel says she has to stay on.
Wouldn't take it so literally, but he probably is right (even a stopped clock yadda yadda)

Not only is she dogmatic and stubborn (you have to grudgingly admire hewr ability to carry on regardless I suppose!), but she's the fall-girl for Brexit. Once it's sorted, a new leader comes in untarnished. Currently, it's a horrendously poisoned chalice.

clint van damme

Well that's what I thought, so don't get why Grendel says she has to stay on.

I suppose it's possible she could come under pressure from within her party to resign, to be fair, I am amazed she's still PM, she's resilient if nothing else.

Otis

I suppose it's possible she could come under pressure from within her party to resign, to be fair, I am amazed she's still PM, she's resilient if nothing else.
I'm sure Laura Kuenssberg on the Beeb site was saying she will be under increasing pressure and her tenure is not certain.

Sky Blue Pete

I find Gove slimy and disingenuous.

I hope he never gets anywhere near the prime. ministerial seat.

The whole thing is a mess and May should stand down. Humiliation for her yesterday in the deal vote.

Needs someone else at the helm.

Obviously not Gove though.
I agree completely

RegTheDonk

Labour MPs were very silent while he destroyed magic grandpa.

giphy.gif

ccfc92

so what options are left for may and the British government, the EU sound like they dont want to give anymore leeway and the uk government dont want a hard brexit, you would wonder what may can go back to the EU with?

Merkel said there's time for negotiation still. Not sure what that means, but shows its not over yet? Who knows.

Grendel

What happens if she stands down then? Can she not just be replaced? I know she now can't be ousted, but what happens if she just quits?

There is an election process and if more than two candidates stands there is a parliament vote followed by a members vote which would take at least 3 months

Grendel

Astute

Just a load of soundbites. How on earth does that show Corbyn is not fit to govern? It's just one MP giving his opinion, showboating and no there is response from the leader of the opposition in that clip.

Not sticking up for Corbyn here, but that could so easily be turned on its head with the universal credit, the massive defeat for the deal, the Tory infighting, the lack of belief in their own leader, the massive rise in food banks, the increase in the amount of people living in poverty etc. etc.

Gove can not try and take any sort of moral high ground here.

So many politicians are disingenuous and two-faced.

I find it hard to believe in any party these days.
Corbyn has met many terrorists for talks over the years. He was given the chance to sit down with May and get involved with the Brexit talks. He refused. Our country is in crisis but all he wants to do is make it worse. To me it shows either he doesn't have a plan or he doesn't have a clue.

We need all sides to get together. I have always voted Labour. Think I will abstain if Corbyn is still leader.

Astute

Door left open to Labour and MP's must work together.... So no surprise from May. It is only what most of us already know.

Ian1779

Corbyn has met many terrorists for talks over the years. He was given the chance to sit down with May and get involved with the Brexit talks. He refused. Our country is in crisis but all he wants to do is make it worse. To me it shows either he doesn't have a plan or he doesn't have a clue.

We need all sides to get together. I have always voted Labour. Think I will abstain if Corbyn is still leader.

Do you think his no-deal condition is unreasonable? Let’s be honest our government aren’t capable of implementing it.

Astute

Do you think his no-deal condition is unreasonable? Let’s be honest our government aren’t capable of any implementing it.
If he got involved in talks he could push it forward. But not taking part in the talks means he doesn't have a say by choice.

Ian1779

If he got involved in talks he could push it forward. But not taking part in the talks means he doesn't have a say by choice.
I see your point. My take is that if we remove no-deal then we at least narrow down the possible outcomes.

Astute

So May has had talks with all leaders except for Corbyn.

And he could be the next PM. Labour needs a new leader ASAP.

Astute

I see your point. My take is that if we remove no-deal then we at least narrow down the possible outcomes.
Yes remove it. But as you will know I have been saying they all need to work together. But he seems more interested in becoming the next PM than saving us from this mess. He has the chance of making a name for himself. We could see the real Corbyn. Now we are left wondering why he won't.

Johnnythespider

SNP also calling for no deal to be ruled out and extension to article 50, also option of second referendum.

Astute

SNP also calling for no deal to be ruled out and extension to article 50, also option of second referendum.
At least they spoke with May. They were able to put their point across. How can you get what you want if you won't speak?

Users who are viewing this thread