The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (14 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Come on. Racist attitudes in Europe is highly prevalent.

My experience in Germany less so actually but France, Spain, Italy are fell less tolerant societies than ours and their hard right parties get far more support than they would here.

The EU movement to get some of the former Eastern block countries into the EU makes this all a bit silly. Some of these countries are incredibly anti Muslim and anti black to an extent rhat would never be tolerated here.

To suggest the uk is heading to some kind of Pre war Nazi Germany is pretty offensive.

The reality is migrants will be better received in the uk than pretty much any country in Europe I can think off.

Despite the rhetoric politically the uk is a fairly middle ground society - it's certainly not a society that would tolerate and actively elect the facist right as many in Europe do.

No-one is suggesting that it will get that far. But....we have always had scumbags. They were just below the surface and are now coming out. The Eastern Europeans are probably more racist than we are - when foreigners turn up to live in their countries. They do not have many foreigners. E.g. Estonia has a few Aserbaijanies ( if that is how you spell it ) and plenty of Russians, who were put there by Breschnew to be a problem if Estonia wanted independance ( which they now have ). Black and brown coloured people are not known... They are seen as a threat as are muslims.... It seems to be that the countries with least muslims and coloured people tend to be the most racist. Inside Germany, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, which is sparsley populated and has the lowest percentage of immigrants, is the area with the highest vote for the far right anti-immigration party. In Rumania, on the black sea coast around Constanca there are 16 different ethnic groups that live together in relative harmony ( apart from they don't like the gypsies ) - but the coast was always a melting pot for immigrants, so they are not so racist. I can, of course, only speak generally from what I have seen and heard. There are always exceptions.

Sick Boy

Last edited:

SIR ERNIE

It does make me laugh how a few frustrated and bitter losers on here are desperately trying to paint the Brexit vote as a racist one. How pathetic.

The fact is that the vote was an anti-EU vote, pure and simple. The EU has been exposed as a corrupt, undemocratic institution, doomed to certain failure. Brexit will help accelerate the demise of the rotten shambles.

Get over it.

Sick Boy

Hahahahaha

According to you the rest of the EU is saying how great Brexit is. That is actually true but all those political parties are openly racist or fascist.

Sick Boy

Hilarious. Off to Italy to get away from racism.

Sadly racists, like you, are in every country. It's impossible to get away from them.

For the record we are also leaving to escape the endless cycle of renting, to be better off financially, to have a better quality of life and for the climate.

Sick Boy

My experience in Germany less so actually but France, Spain, Italy are fell less tolerant societies than ours and their hard right parties get far more support than they would here.
Some of the rhetoric that has been coming out of the Tories is not that much different to the bile UKIP and the BNP used to come out with. I actually used to feel proud being from the UK when living in La Lega Nord voting Veneto; this all changed when I came back though and was made even worse during the referendum campaign. The majority of young Italians are a lot more open minded and outlook looking that the older generations though.
Italy is also a country of great polarity though, go to the smaller cities and towns in the central regions and here you will find more tolerant and left wing people. You even get a few communist shrines in the streets. ;)

Kingokings204

So if it is down to MPs to vote, why make a public referendum?

That's the point Isn't it. Mps approve the referendum and then don't like the result so then they can take it away. It's a nonsense that the Supreme Court will clear up and even if they don't then MPs will vote for brexit anyway because of all the areas that voted for it. It's just a process for sore losers but they won't win. Hold your nerve as they were never going down without a fight. How dare the peasants vote the leave and win?

martcov

That's the point Isn't it. Mps approve the referendum and then don't like the result so then they can take it away. It's a nonsense that the Supreme Court will clear up and even if they don't then MPs will vote for brexit anyway because of all the areas that voted for it. It's just a process for sore losers but they won't win. Hold your nerve as they were never going down without a fight. How dare the peasants vote the leave and win?

What is nonsense? Britain is a Parliamentary Democracy- that means parliament is sovereign. The decision just confirmed what we all knew ( or should have known).

The referendum was, and could only be, advisory.

It's British democracy- get over it.

Kingokings204

Maybe Cameron thought that remain would win and nobody would notice the small print, that is was only advisory and parliament is sovereign anyway.

Yeah his point was why have it then? Brexit will happen anyway so Im happy either way tbh.

Kingokings204

What is nonsense? Britain is a Parliamentary Democracy- that means parliament is sovereign. The decision just confirmed what we all knew ( or should have known).

The referendum was, and could only be, advisory.

It's British democracy- get over it.

I'm over it. Brexit will happen regardless so yes very happy still if it's a process then fine by me.

Monners

The ruling is about not bypassing Parliament and not using the Royal Charter. It isn't about reversing the decision to leave. The JR was brought by a group of people, at least one of which voted leave (so not sore losers). Just proves what a brainless halfwit Cameron was. Mind you, May is making a pigs of it.

Kingokings204

The ruling is about not bypassing Parliament and not using the Royal Charter. It isn't about reversing the decision to leave. The JR was brought by a group of people, at least one of which voted leave (so not sore losers). Just proves what a brainless halfwit Cameron was. Mind you, May is making a pigs of it.

Not really sure if I believe that one of them voted to leave. No proof whatsoever to that.

I wonder how remain voters would feel if leave people tried everything in their power to stop the result? That's how it feels. Guessing it wouldn't be ok then. Either way brexit will happen and I'm ok with that.

The whole thing is a shame to me. Why have the referendum?

Kingokings204

I think you better look at internal Tory politics to find the reason. It has little to do with the 'peasants' as you put it.

No I meant that all leave voters in the main were from poorer less privaleged backgrounds to those who voted remain with obviously London voting to remain. There is a clear divide between rich and poor and I don't like that.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I voted leave and think I still would....

....but I think that the terms & conditions of brexit need to be drafted, debated, & determined by a larger & more democratic group than just the current mandate-less government full of chancers, opportunists & lickspittles

SIR ERNIE

I've believed all along that there are too many powerful institutions who want to stay in the EU who will therefore prevent a full EU exit.
The Brexit most people voted for won't happen.

Kingokings204

I've believed all along that there are too many powerful institutions who want to stay in the EU who will therefore prevent a full EU exit.

Say that happens and then what?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yep....always suspected the powers that be would preserve the status quo...even if we actually get to trigger article 50, we would then be up against the EU diktat.....and they have no problem over-riding democratic process from sovereign states.....just ask the French, Dutch & Greeks for example...

The EU is like the hotel California.......you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..

Kingokings204

So can we assume all MPs would still vote for brexit?

I just re read the government leaflet I had through and states "the government will implement what you decide"

David Cameron resignation speech "the result of the British people must be implemented and I'm not the man to do it"

Remainers very clear "leaving means leaving the single market" yet we are told to keep in it cause terms weren't decided in the ballot.

A group of politician judges who clearly it benefits to stay within the EU for numerous reasons have voted that MPs should now vote.

You couldn't make this up. Brexit will happen what worries me is on what terms.

Ashdown

I agree with your sentiment but the immediate rise in the Pound suggests that some of the Bremainers hold high hopes they will wriggle out of it all. It wouldn't surprise me either but if they do God help this country and it's future democracy. Personally I wouldn't bother voting for anything again, it would show that it is pointless and that those with the most vested interest will always get their way eventually. Fuck London and its yaa hoo wet blanket selfish shits and fuck Tony Blair and his witch who made a fortune out of all the human rights bollocks that came with the EU !

martcov

So can we assume all MPs would still vote for brexit?

I just re read the government leaflet I had through and states "the government will implement what you decide"

David Cameron resignation speech "the result of the British people must be implemented and I'm not the man to do it"

Remainers very clear "leaving means leaving the single market" yet we are told to keep in it cause terms weren't decided in the ballot.

A group of politician judges who clearly it benefits to stay within the EU for numerous reasons have voted that MPs should now vote.

You couldn't make this up. Brexit will happen what worries me is on what terms.

It was clear that Britain is a parliamentary democracy. If the government- Tory government- promised you that they would implement it, then what is your problem? They have the parliamentary majority- they just vote for article 50 and that is it. If they don't, take it up with them.

The high court is right in confirming that parliament is sovereign - regardless of whether they vote for or against triggering article 50.

I don't see your problem.

I see that May has a problem though.

Monners

Not really sure if I believe that one of them voted to leave. No proof whatsoever to that.

I wonder how remain voters would feel if leave people tried everything in their power to stop the result? That's how it feels. Guessing it wouldn't be ok then. Either way brexit will happen and I'm ok with that.

The whole thing is a shame to me. Why have the referendum?
The chap stated that he voted leave when interviewed by the BBC this morning after the high Court judgement. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Grendel

It was clear that Britain is a parliamentary democracy. If the government- Tory government- promised you that they would implement it, then what is your problem? They have the parliamentary majority- they just vote for article 50 and that is it. If they don't, take it up with them.

The high court is right in confirming that parliament is sovereign - regardless of whether they vote for or against triggering article 50.

I don't see your problem.

I see that May has a problem though.

There won't be a problem. Most labour MP's outside of London will vote to leave if they value their careers.

Grendel

The chap stated that he voted leave when interviewed by the BBC this morning after the high Court judgement. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

I do for obvious reasons.

The reality is the European Parliament is about as democratic as a government headed up by Stalin. It's autocratic and dicatorial.

The government should force it through or threaten an immediate election - labour MP's will just keel over.

It's telling the only one jumping up and down is the silly grinning man from the Liberals - the most un-principaled party in Britain who'd jump into bed with anyone and anything of it improved their ratings.

Monners

I don't really follow your rant grendel. I had merely stated that one of the people who brought the case stated, when asked by the BBC after the case, that he voted leave.
Again, the case was about not using ine Royal Charter and having a Parliamentary debate. No more, no less

Will be interesting to see how the Govt appeal to the Supreme Court goes. And if the MP's can actually have a civilised debate with the best interests of the country at the forefront (I have my doubts, but we shall see).

chiefdave

Why is this even in court? The process was known in advance and it always involved parliament having the final say. If this isn't acceptable why wasn't it addressed prior to the vote?

Users who are viewing this thread