The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (20 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It takes some denial to miss these things. Let's see what comes out with the attack on the Polish shop in Cov. Maybe nothing to do with hate crimes- but in this atmosphere the thought springs to mind.

Yeah you're right, I'm in denial so I chose to ignore what happened...

Give me a break, these people have lost their lives and it's fucking terrible, not alright at all. Do you think if I'd have known that I would have posted the before? Absolutely not, and I'll hold my hands up that I was wrong.

It doesn't change the vote being right or wrong, it highlights more so that there are two ends of the spectrum. The racist idiots on one side who go and do stuff like this, and the intolerant hardcore remainers who brand everyone who voted leave as the former.

Ultimately the vote is done and it's tough shit. The country is only going to move forward if people want that and are prepared to cooperate for it. That includes the attackers from the above article (who should be kicked out of the country imo anyway).

clint van damme

Yeah you're right, I'm in denial so I chose to ignore what happened...

Give me a break, these people have lost their lives and it's fucking terrible, not alright at all. Do you think if I'd have known that I would have posted the before? Absolutely not, and I'll hold my hands up that I was wrong.

It doesn't change the vote being right or wrong, it highlights more so that there are two ends of the spectrum. The racist idiots on one side who go and do stuff like this, and the intolerant hardcore remainers who brand everyone who voted leave as the former.

Ultimately the vote is done and it's tough shit. The country is only going to move forward if people want that and are prepared to cooperate for it. That includes the attackers from the above article (who should be kicked out of the country imo anyway).
so you're putting people who label leave voters as racists in the same category as people who murder someone in the street? Seriously?

Sick Boy

How about we split the country 52% and 48% and we will see which half works out better? The leavers would soon be a lot more concerned with emigration as opposed to immigration.

Terry Gibson's perm

How about we split the country 52% and 48% and we will see which half works out better? The leavers would soon be a lot more concerned with emigration as opposed to immigration.

What would you with the people who didn't vote send them to the Isle of Man?

Sick Boy

It seems that the Tories are refusing more money for NHS. Looks like it won't be long until privatisation and rising costs for the poorest in our society and more money for the elite.

Oh well, we all still fall for the old divide and rule tactic and the scapegoating of others.

Personally I can't wait to leave the sinking ship.

chiefdave

It seems that the Tories are refusing more money for NHS. Looks like it won't be long until privatisation and rising costs for the poorest in our society and more money for the elite.
In what is surely a complete coincidence Cameron has just been given a very well paid advisory role at one of the companies which benefited greatly from the privatisation of parts of the NHS.

Terry Gibson's perm

In what is surely a complete coincidence Cameron has just been given a very well paid advisory role at one of the companies which benefited greatly from the privatisation of parts of the NHS.

What a shock, what can he advise people on how not to do it.

SIR ERNIE

Oh well, we all still fall for the old divide and rule tactic and the scapegoating of others.

Personally I can't wait to leave the sinking ship.

'Leaving the sinking ship' is what the country voted for in June.

You were whining and whingeing about going to look for a job in racist-free Italy months ago. How's that going?

martcov

[QUOTE="SIR ERNIE, post: 1184036, member: 6368"]'Leaving the sinking ship' is what the country voted for in June.

You were whining and whingeing about going to look for a job in racist-free Italy months ago. How's that going?[/QUOTE]

Any idea who was in charge of the life boats? Seems no-one thought of life boats.... hope the country can swim....

Terry Gibson's perm

[QUOTE="SIR ERNIE, post: 1184036, member: 6368"]'Leaving the sinking ship' is what the country voted for in June.

You were whining and whingeing about going to look for a job in racist-free Italy months ago. How's that going?

Any idea who was in charge of the life boats? Seems no-one thought of life boats.... hope the country can swim....[/QUOTE]

The tories have privatised the lifeboats so only the rich can use them

Sick Boy

'Leaving the sinking ship' is what the country voted for in June.

We are moving next June, thanks.

At least there the fascists are out and proud. ;) You're correct that the fascist parties and their followers in the EU are particularly happy with the prospect of Brexit.
I still maintain that we will be better off, have a better quality of life and be happier over there compared to the UK.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

...what a surprise! It won't be long until they run it down more and more and then declare it unsustainable. So much for all that money funding the NHS instead.

clint van damme

I think something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't leave so I'm waiting until we actually do before judging the affects.

Sick Boy

I think something is going on and it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't leave so I'm waiting until we actually do before judging the affects.

What exactly do you think is going on? I still believe that public opinion will overwhelmingly come round to believing that leaving is not the best course of action to take, apart from those who believe that the EU is a fascist communist dictatorship akin to the Nazis and that the Jo Cox killing was a hoax.

clint van damme

What exactly do you think is going on? I still believe that public opinion will overwhelmingly come round to believing that leaving is not the best course of action to take, apart from those who believe that the EU is a fascist communist dictatorship akin to the Nazis and that the Jo Cox killing was a hoax.
I don't know! But it's emerged today that there was some commons vote 6 years ago that ruled that referendums aren't legally binding, why is that just coming now?
And what if the pound doesn't rally and the economy starts to really collapse - if we have to go to IMF could they make EU membership a condition of baling us out?
I might be talking nonsense but I just get a feeling that all is not what it seems.

chiefdave

But it's emerged today that there was some commons vote 6 years ago that ruled that referendums aren't legally binding, why is that just coming now?
Have I missed something? Wasn't that generally known before the vote that it was a recommendation to parliament and they'd still have to vote on it themselves,

chiefdave

you might be right, it's been one of those nights!!
The general theory is that no party would vote against a referendum result as it would be clearly ignoring the will of the people. I guess the argument here is that it was close and there were some very obvious false claims like the £350m plastered on the side of the bus.

chiefdave

Cost of tea is going up, serious shit now.

Apple and Microsoft both adjusting their prices to offset the drop in the pound. That must have an impact on business.

martcov

The general theory is that no party would vote against a referendum result as it would be clearly ignoring the will of the people. I guess the argument here is that it was close and there were some very obvious false claims like the £350m plastered on the side of the bus.

Actually if an insurance company made such promises and didn't keep them, they would be done for fraud and have to pay compensation..

Sick Boy

Price rises...pah! It won't he long until we are all feeling that extra money in our pockets and the other economic benefits, too! The NHS is in the safest hands possible and soon it will be getting that £350M a week, finally the threat of privatisation is over. The € is in freefall and it won't be long until the dictatorship crumbles and the rest of those Johnny foreigners take our lead.

Sick Boy

More greed from apple how did they scrape by last year on £36.5 billion profit.

This is what a lot of people voted for though. They portrayed themselves as heroes, sacrificing themselves for the future generations. However, the reality is that they've screwed them over and quite possibly damaged the prospects for the youngersters of today, as well. If this goes through then I expect Britain to turn into a low tax haven with even less regard for its citizens, with private healthcare and even more dog eat dog.

Nationalism is destructive and history has told us this many times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread