The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (69 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

Why is it?

Whilst in the EU we have most rules/regulations made for us. We just have to follow them. If the people decide we should stay in the EU they are deciding that we should continue to have rules/regulations made for us. So then we can't blame whoever is running our country. But once out of the EU we would know who to blame for anything new coming out. We have a vote for this. But we don't have a vote with the EU.

We voted for on well over 90% of EU Law. We voted against on 2% of laws. Who is imposing what on who?

martcov

I think if there was another vote that remain would win to be honest.

I really don’t know. In a way I would actually prefer a leave landslide to remain winning 52:48. then we would have a strong mandate- even if were not to my liking. This almost 50:50 is a disaster as the country is literally split down the middle meaning. We are all losers as we have ended up with an awful compromise. Undecided as a country is a weak mandate.

Ashdown

Sounds really terrible. But, do black lads, grooming gangs, gipsies, Muslims really have a lot to do with the EU? It sounds really horrible where you live, I prefer Cov to that by a long way. Does the demography putting pressure on the NHS have anything to do with people living longer? Do the 10 hour shifts have to do with staff shortages?

I live in the EU and don’t see the things in that scale although my City has a population of 250000. Perhaps it is a British thing?

How will leave alter these things? Even Rees Mogg wants more migrants, preferably from India and Pakistan, as opposed to Europeans. That may bring a greater need for interpreters.

Where is this hell hole where you live? Just so I don’t make the mistake of turning up there.
That's a twatty reply and you know it and that's where all your arguments fall down, you just can't stand hearing another opinion that doesn't favour your beloved EU !

Ashdown

Nah his ridiculous and childish reply sums it all up. I was just giving an opinion on why I think many voted leave, I never really mentioned where I live or or individual nationalities. Just a pathetic and idiotic response from a bitter and brainwashed individual who sees himself as leading some sort of war on class and anyone he considers to be far right.......which is most people !

martcov

Nah his ridiculous and childish reply sums it all up. I was just giving an opinion on why I think many voted leave, I never really mentioned where I live or or individual nationalities. Just a pathetic and idiotic response from a bitter and brainwashed individual who sees himself as leading some sort of war on class and anyone he considers to be far right.......which is most people !

You say you see these things happening and how terrible it all is, and I ask you where you live. You say a village which was 5000 and is now 20000 with all these problems. I just asked in case I wanted to visit a village which I knew as 5000 population and is now a hell hole of 20000. how am I brainwashed? You described a horrible place and a horrible way of life. I only asked where it is and said I don’t experience such things where I live. Which is also in the EU.

Ashdown

You say you see these things happening and how terrible it all is, and I ask you where you live. You say a village which was 5000 and is now 20000 with all these problems. I just asked in case I wanted to visit a village which I knew as 5000 population and is now a hell hole of 20000. how am I brainwashed? You described a horrible place and a horrible way of life. I only asked where it is and said I don’t experience such things where I live. Which is also in the EU.
I described stuff that is on the news and in the papers all the time, a description of life across the less affluent parts of the UK.......but you know that of course.

Grendel

Yes, but voting leave is just handing them even more power to fuck up the common people.

They don’t want to leave. The vast majority of parliament supports the EU project

martcov

I described stuff that is on the news and in the papers all the time, a description of life across the less affluent parts of the UK.......but you know that of course.

You mentioned your village and your wife. I genuinely thought you were relating to your experiences. I don’t see the connection between Muslims, knife crime, gipsies and people dealing drugs in pubs and membership of the EU.

skybluetony176

It does get me when people moan about mosques, Muslim meeting rooms ect but don’t complain about churches and church halls. Why not? They’re both religions imported from the same area of the world and based on the same ideology. Why is one acceptable and the other not?

Last edited:

Grappa

Well I read about innocent people being stabbed in the streets
By people who moved here from the EU?

grooming gangs of rapists
Made up of people who moved here from the EU?

I watch hospital type programmes like 24 hours in A and E where one black lad after another were being brought in with stab wounds
EU?

I go to local pubs and I see drugs being openly banded around, I don't see hardly any police around,
I think you know where I'm going with this.

I read about more and more violent robberies on people and business { Very often by foreign or gypsy gangs }
_101920917_chart-crimesurvey-uttbn-nc.png

he village I have lived in all my life is not a village at now, its grown from 5000 to 20,000 and is still growing
EU?

there is no wildlife like there used to be
EU?

I see buildings quietly being turned into Muslim meeting rooms etc, faith schools springing up
EU?

homelessness on the rise
?

the roads are shocking
Selmayr?

my wife works 10 hour days in a hospital that is so under stress from the demography
51000 vacancies unfilled at the moment due to EU staff leaving. Sadly her shifts may become longer.

sue society, need for interpreters, allowance for various cultural needs
Look, I get that you are angry. But you are targeting the wrong people. Brexit will resolve none of the issues you think are the fault of the EU.

Ashdown

By people who moved here from the

EU?

EU?

EU?

EU?

?

Selmayr?

51000 vacancies unfilled at the moment due to EU staff leaving. Sadly her shifts may become longer.

Look, I get that you are angry. But you are targeting the wrong people. Brexit will resolve none of the issues you think are the fault of the EU.
I've given my opinion why I think so many voted to leave.....I put it to you, NW, Sick boy and Mart to tell us why you think the vote went that way ??!

Ashdown

By people who moved here from the EU?

EU?

EU?

EU?

EU?

?

Selmayr?

I'm really not that angry ! I'm just giving Mart someone to attack today in his daily campaign on SBT

skybluetony176

I've given my opinion why I think so many voted to leave.....I put it to you, NW, Sick boy and Mart to tell us why you think the vote went that way ??!

I know you didn’t ask me but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone put it better than this. Make sure you watch to the end although you could probably replace BoJo with Rees-Mogg now. Which only strengthens the argument being made.

Last edited:

martcov

The press and some right wing politicians blaming everything bad on the EU for over 40 years. Which is why you quoted things that have nothing whatsoever to do with the EU as being the reasons for voting leave.

clint van damme

this fella is always worth a listen:

edit: at work so may posted wrong link in rush but he says a lot about Brexit, for and against.
Also very anti neo liberalist, which lets face it, is what we're going to end up with either way, whether the global neo liberalists of the EU or the more right leaning home grown tory types like rees mogg and his ilk.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I've already said that it is due to a Londoncentric government and elite that have ignored the rest of the country - that isn't going to change outside of the EU, and they're unlikely to care more about the average working man or woman.

Ashdown

I reckon a number of the more enlightened leave voters would be embarrassed to be associated with the reasoning that it's all about the foreigners...
So answer the question then, what were the reasons for 17.5 million votes against a flow of dreadful propoganda and threats from the political and economic establishment and mainstream media as to why we should ' do as we were told ' ?!

Ashdown

I've already said that it is due to a Londoncentric government and elite that have ignored the rest of the country - that isn't going to change outside of the EU, and they're unlikely to care more about the average working man or woman.
Yes I agree to a point, there was a huge amount of general protest in the vote from a lot of disenfranchised people. The I'm doing ok crowd seemed to prefer the status quo.......

Sick Boy

Yes I agree to a point, there was a huge amount of general protest in the vote from a lot of disenfranchised people. The I'm doing ok crowd seemed to prefer the status quo.......

I'm not sure how leaving the EU is going to shift the focus away from London and the south east in general.

Ashdown

Again you may be right. I think a lot of people thought a big protest vote against what they saw as the establishment might focus some minds. It's all bullshit though, all roads lead to London and now they want to build another train line all geared to getting more money and people into the capital quicker.

Sick Boy

Again you may be right. I think a lot of people thought a big protest vote against what they saw as the establishment might focus some minds. It's all bullshit though, all roads lead to London and now they want to build another train line all geared to getting more money and people into the capital quicker.

As I said the contrast of going up to the Midlands compared to the south east has grown more and more over the last 5 years; going up further north watching city is like going to another country. It is related to the way in which the country has been run and the focus on the capital, it is not acceptable at all.

martcov

this fella is always worth a listen:

edit: at work so may posted wrong link in rush but he says a lot about Brexit, for and against.
Also very anti neo liberalist, which lets face it, is what we're going to end up with either way, whether the global neo liberalists of the EU or the more right leaning home grown tory types like rees mogg and his ilk.

Yes. That was very interesting and did explain things very well.

Astute

It does get me when people moan about mosques, Muslim meeting rooms ect but don’t complain about churches and church halls. Why not? They’re both religions imported from the same area of the world and based on the same ideology. Why is one acceptable and the other not?
I'll tell you what pisses me off. When someone moves into a village and moans about the church bells that have been rung for hundreds of years. And their court action silences the bells. Or those who move into the countryside and next to a farm. They take court action about cocks crowing and animals doing what comes naturally. They don't have a bedroom they can go to in privacy. Yet their money talks in court.

martcov

I'll tell you what pisses me off. When someone moves into a village and moans about the church bells that have been rung for hundreds of years. And their court action silences the bells. Or those who move into the countryside and next to a farm. They take court action about cocks crowing and animals doing what comes naturally. They don't have a bedroom they can go to in privacy. Yet their money talks in court.

Agree. Or moves in above a pub that’s been there for years and complains about the noise from customers coming and going.

Sick Boy

Has action actually ever been taken to stop a cockrel from crowing?

Users who are viewing this thread