The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (23 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ashdown

No, but I suspect Brexit distorted it. Other countries look on in amazement at the crap going on in the UK and clowns like BoJo and Lord Snooty appearing on their screens. I suspect that they see it as my German friends do, fxxk that for a game of conkers, we’re better off as we are.
I'd be very interested to see the results of a total referendum across the whole zone, just to see what the percentages really would be. Nobody thought the leave vote would prevail here ! I can never forget meeting my remain voting mate for a pint and chat after voting and our polling station was close to a bookmakers.......it was 1/9 for a remain win , 9/1 for leave........I thought that's that then, lets just get on with life................. I wish I'd had a few quid on it now !!

Grendel

I'd be very interested to see the results of a total referendum across the whole zone, just to see what the percentages really would be. Nobody thought the leave vote would prevail here ! I can never forget meeting my remain voting mate for a pint and chat after voting and our polling station was close to a bookmakers.......it was 1/9 for a remain win , 9/1 for leave........I thought that's that then, lets just get on with life................. I wish I'd had a few quid on it now !!

In this so called positive poll 4 countries consistently are lower than the uk in the opinion of the EU

Astute

If you are unable to work out that there is a difference between those agreed to be taken in and those entering the country without permission, then I don’t know what to say
And what comment supposedly made you make this comment?

You posted a link on how France took illegal immigrants wrongly back to Italy. Then you post saying France welcomes immigrants from outside the EU.

Sick Boy

And what comment supposedly made you make this comment?

You posted a link on how France took illegal immigrants wrongly back to Italy. Then you post saying France welcomes immigrants from outside the EU.

If you just want to be deliberately obtuse, then go ahead.

It’s not hard to work out that as a country it will officially take in some but then others will try and enter illegally.

martcov

I cannot speak for the whole EU, but Germany would vote remain. There’s no real discussion about leaving. Even the hard right would keep the EU, but make it into a rightwingers paradise. Europe for the Europeans and end sanctions on Russia.

Grendel

Highest in 35 years. Not good enough. How’s leave getting on? Lowest since the referendum?

Why don’t you share the results by country?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I cannot speak for the whole EU, but Germany would vote remain. There’s no real discussion about leaving. Even the hard right would keep the EU, but make it into a rightwingers paradise. Europe for the Europeans and end sanctions on Russia.
Highest in 35 years. Not good enough. How’s leave getting on? Lowest since the referendum?
So what ?

Astute

If you just want to be deliberately obtuse, then go ahead.

It’s not hard to work out that as a country it will officially take in some but then others will try and enter illegally.
Me being obtuse?

So you talk up them taking in illegal immigrants. You point out that they illegally remove illegal immigrants. Yet you can't find a link anywhere.

Astute

Is that because we are leaving and they didn't count us?

Or were they more selective in where they asked people? Because right wingers are growing by the day. And these are people who do not love the EU as much as you do.

Sick Boy

Me being obtuse?

So you talk up them taking in illegal immigrants. You point out that they illegally remove illegal immigrants. Yet you can't find a link anywhere.

If you are genuinely having problems understanding it then I don’t know what to say.

Astute

Just saying. Grendel was on about how unpopular the EU was in Italy. As a whole it is gaining in popularity. Just pointing that out as balance.

Fact based discussion.
So why do they have a right wing government?

Astute

If you are genuinely having problems understanding it then I don’t know what to say.
I understand from your link that they illegally removed people. But you praise them for taking immigrants in. The two don't go together well.

Sick Boy

So you mean right wing and very right wing?

The 5Star, right-wing?

They aren’t right wing but they do appeal across the political spectrum, they have some very left-wing politicians amongst them.

Apologies, think it was badly phrased :)

martcov

Or were they more selective in where they asked people? Because right wingers are growing by the day. And these are people who do not love the EU as much as you do.

Right wingers are in the minority in continental Europe.

dancers lance

It is now looking likely that (after the poorest governing of a country in the whole of history) we could be asked to vote in another referendum regarding this issue.

What would be the options on the voting card?

As we all know, anyone who voted out has been portrayed as a thick, uneducated, racist halfwit. An underclass so stupid, so pointless, (they had no idea what they were voting for) and we know this to be true because middle class, university educated ideologues say so.

So I submit that the first question on the card should be...

As you can't be trusted to have free thought because people know better than you, do you still want to leave the EU. Yes or No

What should the other questions be?

martcov

They did count us. At the time remaining was 52%. It is more now.

martcov

It is now looking likely that (after the poorest governing of a country in the whole of history) we could be asked to vote in another referendum regarding this issue.

What would be the options on the voting card?

As we all know, anyone who voted out has been portrayed as a thick, uneducated, racist halfwit. An underclass so stupid, so pointless, (they had no idea what they were voting for) and we know this to be true because middle class, university educated ideologues say so.

So I submit that the first question on the card should be...

As you can't be trusted to have free thought because people know better than you, do you still want to leave the EU. Yes or No

What should the other questions be?

You say that, but is there any evidence that people think 17,4 million people are thick?

I would ask how do we leave without making the country weaker?

dancers lance

You say that, but is there any evidence that people think 17,4 million people are thick?

I would ask how do we leave without making the country weaker?
There is absolutely no evidence for that and likewise no evidence for 17.4 million people being racists or bigots but this has been the tactic used against them by people with an specific agenda. I don't think we can leave without making our country weaker in the short term, but surely that proposition doesn't override democracy, weather it be right or wrong?

Astute

They did count us. At the time remaining was 52%. It is more now.
So what was the question? Because many of those I know that voted remain don't think as much of the EU as they did before this debacle started. We have learned much more about the EU than we ever knew before. And most people don't like what they have found out.

It isn't that people want to stay in the EU. It is more the fear of what could happen if we leave.

dancers lance

So what was the question? Because many of those I know that voted remain don't think as much of the EU as they did before this debacle started. We have learned much more about the EU than we ever knew before. And most people don't like what they have found out.

It isn't that people want to stay in the EU. It is more the fear of what could happen if we leave.
I couldn't agree more, the UK has become the metaphorical casting couch to an EU dominated, unwanted, awkward, late night.. oily grinding. This, in the vague hope that when it's all over, we might just get a little something out of it.

martcov

That’s not true. More leavers have changed to remainers. You don’t know why. You are just saying that. There are a lot of people who didn’t know what the EU does, and now know it’s benefits. I have not seen a survey on the reasons for remain growing. You are assuming they don’t like the EU, but are now remain without evidence.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That’s not true.ju
More leavers have changed to remainers. You don’t know why. You are ju
st saying that. There are a lot of people who didn’t know what the EU does, and now know it’s benefits. I have not seen a survey on the reasons for remain growing. You are assuming they don’t like the EU, but are now remain without evidence.
Can't you do any better than that ? Lame.

Last edited:

Gazolba

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to get a real feeling that Brexit is not going to happen.
Parliament will not give its blessing. May will be kicked out, there will be another referendum and the vote will be 'remain'.
The only doubt will be, will the EU now let us remain, or tell us remain is no longer an option?

martcov

There is absolutely no evidence for that and likewise no evidence for 17.4 million people being racists or bigots but this has been the tactic used against them by people with an specific agenda. I don't think we can leave without making our country weaker in the short term, but surely that proposition doesn't override democracy, weather it be right or wrong?

If people, including parliament, parliament being sovereign not the people, want another referendum then it’s democratic to give them one. Finality is not the language of democracy. ( Benjamin Disraeli ).

Ashdown

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to get a real feeling that Brexit is not going to happen.
Parliament will not give its blessing. May will be kicked out, there will be another referendum and the vote will be 'remain'.
The only doubt will be, will the EU now let us remain, or tell us remain is no longer an option?
If that happens and I believe it possible there will be a deep seated hatred and distrust of the EU that wasn't even there before the referendum......and from Remainers who won't want to be made to look stupid for locking us in once again

skybluegod

I would bet my life that it happens. There might be a second referendum but it would definitely go in leave's favor. People, like myself, would swap their vote to leave, it would undermine the democratic process to have another vote. May also won't be kicked out as it's suicide for conservatives.
The EU have already said we can stay in the EU, if it came to it.

Users who are viewing this thread