The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (17 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martcov

I can see both sides. You can only see one side. And that is the side from Germany.

No. That is not true. You just made it up. If anything I seem to know more about UK current affairs than you. You haven’t even seen or heard of Farage for a long while. You obviously don’t follow the news.

Sick Boy

There is nobody screaming and shouting that Brexit is a good idea. But they mention what good might come from it. And it sets you off again.

This deserves a special mention all by itself, there have been plenty of post about Brexit being a good idea, to claim otherwise is mind-bending stuff. You have continually attacked those who think Brexit is a bad idea, yet have never challenged those who think Brexit is going to be hugely positive?

martcov

Where do I start?

You never say a word about anything I say about May and the Tories. But if I dare say anything against Labour it is a totally different matter.

There is nobody screaming and shouting that Brexit is a good idea. But they mention what good might come from it. And it sets you off again.

You like to make out that the millions of people that have come to live here in the UK have made no difference to the homeless situation. I mention that of course it makes a difference. Everyone needs somewhere to live. Then you go off on another one saying that I am scapegoating anyone who has come here to live. But somehow you miss me saying without a doubt that governments from both sides have failed us. Then you go off on one for me saying Labour has a part in it. You ignore they were in power during the time of our population boom.

There are problems with the way the EU is run. Macron has just said the same. Yet you didn't reply when I posted a link to it. Yet who is surprised? You think we should let everybody in who wants to come without addressing the problems we currently have. Fuck the homeless. It is a government thing only. You are not interested in solving the problems first. You also believe that anyone with an EU passport should come here before anyone else. This includes those with the skills we need.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But if I dare to disagree with the slightest thing you go off on one. Is your opinion always right? Are you the only one allowed to have an opinion?

OK. I am not allowed to mention anything bad about the EU. I am not allowed to mention the homeless situation. Is there anything else that you don't want me to mention? Is it suddenly all the fault of the Tories and not the fault of Labour at all? Doesn't it matter how many people who live in the UK when we already don't have enough homes for them? Am I allowed to say how bent the UK government is but not allowed to mention how bent the EU is? Am I allowed to say how bad it could get for the UK but not allowed to mention anything at all that could be good?

Yes your opinion counts and mine doesn't. I get you.

You’re putting words in his mouth again and banging on about FOM. At the same time you keep saying you voted to keep FOM by voting remain. You blame foreigners for the housing shortage as if there are no other causes. You don’t connect immigration with the needs of the economy. You don’t mention the million and a half of UK migrants in the EU. Where would they live if they came back? You don’t mention non EU migration, which is about half at the moment and will probably rise after Brexit. You claim that we only need skilled labour when business and agriculture say the opposite. We need both skilled and unskilled. You skip quickly over the failure of successive governments to provide affordable housing. You don’t mention people e.g. in rural areas in Scotland being pleased that people with families are repopulating areas that were declining. The worst part of your posting is the claim that you are neutral and everyone else is biased. Which is obviously not true, and then to cap it all, you claim to have voted against everything you stand for. You will now claim that when people have a different opinion to you, they are not allowing you to have an opinion.

Sick Boy

Where do I start?

You never say a word about anything I say about May and the Tories. But if I dare say anything against Labour it is a totally different matter.

You like to make out that the millions of people that have come to live here in the UK have made no difference to the homeless situation. I mention that of course it makes a difference. Everyone needs somewhere to live. Then you go off on another one saying that I am scapegoating anyone who has come here to live. But somehow you miss me saying without a doubt that governments from both sides have failed us. Then you go off on one for me saying Labour has a part in it. You ignore they were in power during the time of our population boom.

There are problems with the way the EU is run. Macron has just said the same. Yet you didn't reply when I posted a link to it. Yet who is surprised? You think we should let everybody in who wants to come without addressing the problems we currently have. Fuck the homeless. It is a government thing only. You are not interested in solving the problems first. You also believe that anyone with an EU passport should come here before anyone else. This includes those with the skills we need.

I agree with a lot of what you say. But if I dare to disagree with the slightest thing you go off on one. Is your opinion always right? Are you the only one allowed to have an opinion?

OK. I am not allowed to mention anything bad about the EU. I am not allowed to mention the homeless situation. Is there anything else that you don't want me to mention? Is it suddenly all the fault of the Tories and not the fault of Labour at all? Doesn't it matter how many people who live in the UK when we already don't have enough homes for them? Am I allowed to say how bent the UK government is but not allowed to mention how bent the EU is? Am I allowed to say how bad it could get for the UK but not allowed to mention anything at all that could be good?

Yes your opinion counts and mine doesn't. I get you.

I don’t think I’ve ever said that someone is not allowed to voice their opinion, but I am allowed to challenge other’s opinion as they can do with mine.

I’ve already said I wouldn’t vote Labour under Corbyn and stopped under Blair. Oh and I also said that Labour should have imposed working restrictions on Eastern European countries when they joined the EU.

I do attack the double standards on here though where the like of Johnson and Hammond get a free pass when they get figures wrong and when the incompetence of Davis fails to get mentioned by those who attack MPs for the party they don’t vote for. Surely you think that is fair enough?

martcov

This deserves a special mention all by itself, there have been plenty of post about Brexit being a good idea, to claim otherwise is mind-bending stuff. You have continually attacked those who think Brexit is a bad idea, yet have never challenged those who think Brexit is going to be hugely positive?

I asked him if there es anything positive to report about Brexit. The answer was to attack you and I. Brexit has run into a dead end, but rather than criticise it, or the people who keep pushing for it, he attacks people who see the limitations of Brexit or who want the whole thing to be reconsidered.

Astute

So I have never said that Brexit is a bad idea?

That proves you either only read what you want to or are on a point scoring mission again.

The difference between us is I understand why people voted leave. You just see the majority as idiots. You see your benefits of us being in the EU and you are not interested in anything else.

And you detest anyone putting the other side forward.

And still no comment on Macron saying that the EU must change. And he is one if the most prominent leaders out of the EU countries.

Astute

I don’t think I’ve ever said that someone is not allowed to voice their opinion, but I am allowed to challenge other’s opinion as they can do with mine.

I’ve already said I wouldn’t vote Labour under Corbyn and stopped under Blair. Oh and I also said that Labour should have imposed working restrictions on Eastern European countries when they joined the EU.

I do attack the double standards on here though where the like of Johnson and Hammond get a free pass when they get figures wrong and when the incompetence of Davis fails to get mentioned by those who attack MPs for the party they don’t vote for. Surely you think that is fair enough?
Fair enough?

How about naming one person involved in this fiasco I have defended or not had a go at? But you always miss this. You only ever notice those I have a go at that you defend. And I can't think of anyone who has come out of this well.

You would think that with your constant comments against me that I only have a go at one side and champion the other side like yourself.

Sick Boy

So I have never said that Brexit is a bad idea?

That proves you either only read what you want to or are on a point scoring mission again.

The difference between us is I understand why people voted leave. You just see the majority as idiots. You see your benefits of us being in the EU and you are not interested in anything else.

And you detest anyone putting the other side forward.

And still no comment on Macron saying that the EU must change. And he is one if the most prominent leaders out of the EU countries.

Yet again putting words in someone’s mouth. I have friends who voted leave and I’ve said that the EU needs reform.

If you see challenging someone’s belief as detesting it, then that’s insane.

Sick Boy

Fair enough?

How about naming one person involved in this fiasco I have defended or not had a go at? But you always miss this. You only ever notice those I have a go at that you defend. And I can't think of anyone who has come out of this well.

You would think that with your constant comments against me that I only have a go at one side and champion the other side like yourself.

Not everything is about you, ffs.

dutchman

You don’t mention the million and a half of UK migrants in the EU.

According to Office of National Statistics there are only half that number:

Living abroad: British residents living in the EU - Office for National Statistics

Main points
  • 784,900 British citizens live in the EU, excluding the UK and Ireland on 1 January 2017.

• Three countries were very popular – 69% of British citizens living in the EU lived in Spain, France or Germany in 2017.

• Two-thirds of British citizens living in the EU, excluding the UK and Ireland, are aged 15 to 64 years, and more 15- to 64-year-olds live in Spain than any other EU country.

• The EU has not been the most common destination for Brits choosing to emigrate; 33% of all British-born emigrants living outside the UK in 2017 lived in Australia or New Zealand, 28% lived in the US or Canada and 26% in the EU – of which 6% lived in Ireland.

• By comparison, 49% of French-born emigrants living outside France were living in the EU in 2015 and 44% of German-born emigrants living outside Germany were living in the EU.

Astute

Yet again putting words in someone’s mouth. I have friends who voted leave and I’ve said that the EU needs reform.

If you see challenging someone’s belief as detesting it, then that’s insane.
It wouldn't be if you didn't constantly berate someone for having a different opinion or even throw insults their way.

martcov

According to Office of National Statistics there are only half that number:

Living abroad: British residents living in the EU - Office for National Statistics

Main points
  • 784,900 British citizens live in the EU, excluding the UK and Ireland on 1 January 2017.

• Three countries were very popular – 69% of British citizens living in the EU lived in Spain, France or Germany in 2017.

• Two-thirds of British citizens living in the EU, excluding the UK and Ireland, are aged 15 to 64 years, and more 15- to 64-year-olds live in Spain than any other EU country.

• The EU has not been the most common destination for Brits choosing to emigrate; 33% of all British-born emigrants living outside the UK in 2017 lived in Australia or New Zealand, 28% lived in the US or Canada and 26% in the EU – of which 6% lived in Ireland.

• By comparison, 49% of French-born emigrants living outside France were living in the EU in 2015 and 44% of German-born emigrants living outside Germany were living in the EU.

Ok. Then where would the 790000 live?

Astute

There is minimal chance of her getting through parliament.
How about the latest project fear to swing it?

And we know many Mps are clueless. They are not fit for the job. They get voted in because of the party they stand for and nothing else. Labour voters vote Labour and the Tories vote Tory.

There will be Labour voting for it and Tories voting against it.

Astute

There is nothing wrong in challenging another person's point of view, and you 'constantly berate' others on this thread yourself. As far as I can remember I do not normally throw insults around in general either.
Exactly. But on this thread your insults flow freely.

Sick Boy

And we know many Mps are clueless. They are not fit for the job. They get voted in because of the party they stand for and nothing else. Labour voters vote Labour and the Tories vote Tory.

They won't do as regardless of what side you are on, it is a ridiculous deal, but the Leavers have promised the earth and are not going to be able to delivery it, and as we have seen they are not able to provide any solutions themselves. Their own Project Fear is looking ridiculous as well.

What makes you think Labour are going to be voting it through? Based on what? There is even less chance of that happening.

clint van damme

Project fear from the Tories is back. May is trying to force it through parliament with false information.

Theresa May accused of 'rehashing Project Fear' as Treasury says UK will be £150bn worse off under no deal

And in case you are not registered with the Telegraph this helps to explain

Brexit economic impact analysis due

I'd say she isn't far wrong. I would still prefer no deal to her deal which tells you just how bad I think her deal is.
Not so much stuck between a rock and a hard place as stuck between a very shitty and even shittier place.

Astute

They won't do as regardless of what side you are on, it is a ridiculous deal, but the Leavers have promised the earth and are not going to be able to delivery it, and as we have seen they are not able to provide any solutions themselves. Their own Project Fear is looking ridiculous as well.

What makes you think Labour are going to be voting it through? Based on what? There is even less chance of that happening.
Where did I say that Labour would vote it through? Reading what I haven't said again?

Look back at what I said. May has done what has been called another project fear. They are not my words.

It is accept the deal or don't accept the deal. Accept it and our output will go down by 4 billion a year. Reject the deal and our output will go down by 15 billion a year. The EU has said nothing else will be on the table. So they have a choice to make.

Accept and have a lower output of 4 billion a year.

Refuse and have a lower output of 15 billion a year.

Refuse and hope something better gets offered.

And yes we don't know how the vote will go. Will there be party orders? Will they keep to what they say?

Astute

I'd say she isn't far wrong. I would still prefer no deal to her deal which tells you just how bad I think her deal is.
Not so much stuck between a rock and a hard place as stuck between a very shitty and even shittier place.
That is the problem. Nobody will be happy.

It isn't staying in the EU. It isn't getting out of the EU. It is staying in the EU without a say but still paying for being in. There is no leave date. There is no leaving until the EU says we can leave.

And who voted for this bullshit?

Sick Boy

@Astute

So you are in favour of the deal, I take it? Labour are going to be hoping that this will bring down May, will that happen? Who knows, but I think it could well do.

martcov

Sick Boy

That is the problem. Nobody will be happy.

It isn't staying in the EU. It isn't getting out of the EU. It is staying in the EU without a say but still paying for being in. There is no leave date. There is no leaving until the EU says we can leave.

And who voted for this bullshit?

Technically the UK would be outside of the EU, but it would mean that the UK would be abiding by rules but having zero say, so what would be the point? Unless the UK is able to import American goods that are not currently allowed here, I am not sure it means that big USA trade deal will happen - as Trump has already said.

No one voted for it but I guess that May sees it as the best she can do with pressure from both sides.

dutchman

Depends on how you count, or whether you count born in the UK or UK citizen. UN methodology counts 1,3 million.

Brits abroad: how many people from the UK live in other EU countries?

Once again...

The statistics in this article use a “British citizen” definition to identify long-term residents, as this is considered the most useful in identifying those most likely to be affected by the UK's decision to leave the EU.

Astute

@Astute

So you are in favour of the deal, I take it? Labour are going to be hoping that this will bring down May, will that happen? Who knows, but I think it could well do.
Technically the UK would be outside of the EU, but it would mean that the UK would be abiding by rules but having zero say, so what would be the point? Unless the UK is able to import American goods that are not currently allowed here, I am not sure it means that big USA trade deal will happen - as Trump has already said.

No one voted for it but I guess that May sees it as the best she can do with pressure from both sides.
Where have I said I am happy with it? Where have I said anything that makes it look like I am happy with it?

Or are you saying that me saying I am unsure if it will go through or not is me saying I like it?

Try pressing the reset button and actually read what I say without wanting to have a go at it. You might understand a lot more then.

Astute

One question.

How come when I said something similar I was accused of defending May.

martcov

Once again...

The statistics in this article use a “British citizen” definition to identify long-term residents, as this is considered the most useful in identifying those most likely to be affected by the UK's decision to leave the EU.

Why once again? Two ways of looking at things. My daughter is a British citizen, but was not born in the UK. She was born in the EU, so will not be affected immediately, but could go and live in the UK after Brexit, so people like her are relevant as she has a right to live in the UK anytime. Where would she live as a British citizen?

Sick Boy

Where have I said I am happy with it? Where have I said anything that makes it look like I am happy with it?

Or are you saying that me saying I am unsure if it will go through or not is me saying I like it?

Try pressing the reset button and actually read what I say without wanting to have a go at it. You might understand a lot more then.

I didn't say you were 'happy' with it but you have highlighted the grim reality if the deal is rejected. Stop playing the victim constantly, I'm not having a go at you.

skybluetony176

Project fear from the Tories is back. May is trying to force it through parliament with false information.

Theresa May accused of 'rehashing Project Fear' as Treasury says UK will be £150bn worse off under no deal

And in case you are not registered with the Telegraph this helps to explain

Brexit economic impact analysis due

Ha ha ha. Tell us again how you’re balanced. You don’t even know what it says yet or how the figures have been reached and yet you’ve already made your mind up and to top it all of you’re repeating the ramblings of a mad man who didn’t even realise that so much trade happens between Dover and Calais as if they’re gospel. Balanced my arse.

Users who are viewing this thread