The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (22 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Astute

Yeah, it's all the fault of some people who voted remain on a football forum as to why it's so tough for her.
And yet again you won't explain a post you have made.

So are you saying that being PM at this time is an easy job?

clint van damme

And yet again you won't explain a post you have made.

So are you saying that being PM at this time is an easy job?

of course it's not an easy job. but if she wasn't aware of how difficult it was going to be, the in-fighting in her own party and the incompetence of Davis, Fox, Boris and co then that's her problem.

Astute

I don't think it's the main factor no.
if it was we would be seeing a decrease not an increase in homelessness now.
Who has said main factor?

It is SB that is denying that it is a factor at all. The major factor is homes not being built. But for all the years where our population went up by half a million or more a year it was a big factor. Just like so many babies being born was. It helped to get us into the situation we are presently in. And they still are not doing enough about it.

That is the problem with the Tories. They are for the rich and wealthy. They don't have a homeless problem. So they will only do what looks good in the headlines. And people will fall for it as they always do. It is a national disgrace how they keep the homelessness under the radar as much as they can.

Astute

of course it's not an easy job. but if she wasn't aware of how difficult it was going to be, the in-fighting in her own party and the incompetence of Davis, Fox, Boris and co then that's her problem.
Never said it wasn't her problem for taking on the job. They are all power hungry. And I don't trust any of them. And I can't even think of anyone who would do a decent job.

Astute

if it's happening in this country it's down to the government regardless of what's happening elsewhere.
Isn't it strange how it is happening throughout most of the EU though.

Something needs doing ASAP. The problem is where do you start......other than going on a massive home building project throughout the EU.

Captain Dart

we've got record numbers of homeless, massive spike in crime, record levels of wealth inequality, the UN has just released a damning UN report on the poverty in the country, the country's fucked and it has nothing to do with anyone other than this tory government, the sooner we get shot the better, though they'll have made a complete dogs dinner of Brexit first as I predicted.

By homeless do you mean rough sleepers which are certainly much higher than they have been (between 5000 & 6000) or homeless as defined by the housing act 1996 & homelessness act 2002, the numbers for which are lower than they were in the late 90's although they've been on the up since 2010?

Rough sleeping - explore the data

Homelessness_main_graph_March_18_update.png

Last edited:

clint van damme

By homeless do you mean rough sleepers which are certainly much higher than they have been (between 5000 & 6000) or homeless as defined by the housing act 1996 & homelessness act 2002, the numbers for which are lower than they were in the late 90's although they've been on the up since 2010?

Rough sleeping - explore the data

Homelessness_main_graph_March_18_update.png

reported today to be 320,000. That's rough sleepers and people in temporary accommodation but doesn't include 'sofa surfers'.

martcov

And here you go again. You make comments that have nothing to do with what I have said.

So let's have a look then. You say that the rise of populists has nothing to do with the EU. I mention one of the reasons is a lot of people don't like the idea of anyone with an EU passport being able to live where they want. This is true. But you turn it into me scapegoating immigrants.

What is wrong with you? Is it that you don't like the truth or is it you couldn't see it even if it smashed you in the face?

Let's try again. It looked like we were going to vote remain. Cameron said just before the referendum that he had a meeting with Juncker to discuss freedom of movement to the UK. Juncker said publicly that there was no meeting planned and there was no plans for one in the future. There was a late swing for leave. I suppose this made no difference to the way anybody voted. This isn't looking for a scapegoat. This is reality.

The reality is that no one is against freedom of movement for EU citizens, except some in the UK. That’s why Juncker wasn’t interested in having a meeting about it. Other countries use the 90 days rule and have ID cards which help reduce abuse of benefits. Why don’t we?

martcov

So you fully agree with me but make out that you disagree with me.

I would also prefer to have someone who doesn't change his mind every few months because that is what he thinks the voting public wants to hear. Just like with our relationship with the EU. He wants in. He wants out. He isn't sure if he wants in or out. Can anyone tell me what he really wants on the subject?

I suppose most would agree that he wants out. He always wanted out until he became Labour leader. He was always very vocal on the matter.

So what would we get with him on the subject if he became PM? I want to vote for someone who I think will give me what I want. I want to vote for someone who will help my children and grandchildren. He just tells you what he thinks you want to hear.

I see you are like me and are a Labour voter. You said about the younger generations not having the same pensions and blamed it on my generation for some unknown reason. But when I pointed out that Gordon Brown was to blame for the demise of the final salary pensions you never mentioned it again.

You can't just blame certain generations. You need to look at the leadership and knowledge at the time. We have to play within the rules.

When did you last praise labour for anything?

martcov

Or you could say about hard remainers like yourself that you ignore the thoughts of people who want to leave and make accusations against them that are not true. I am not a hard leaver as you call it. But you don't even like me mentioning the truth and make stupid accusations against myself.

You are like those who run the EU. You will never understand the problems because you refuse to consider the problems. You make out that they don't exist. You always look for someone else to blame.

At least you are not always looking for someone else to blame. It’s the EU and labour. No need to waste time looking.

martcov

It was said at one time that Spain would never be allowed to join unless they first acknowledged Britain's sovereignty over Gibraltar but like all such assurances it was soon overridden by political expediency.

No, it was overridden by the UK leaving the EU. No need to put the wishes of a third country before those of a member state.

martcov

When you are older you will look back at the tripe you have posted and here and laugh at yourself

How come you haven’t stopped posting tripe in your older age then? Latest being about the Midterms when you claimed that anyone thinking that he Dems had a good midterm must be a moron. They got almost as many votes as Trump in the presidential election and won the popular vote by 8 points and won the most seats in a midterm since 1974 after Nixon. Add that to confusing the Holy Roman Empire with the Roman Empire and Monetary Union with Fiscal Union etc., it seems that you are actually increasing your tripe content whilst growing older, more bitter and bad tempered.

martcov

Isn't it strange how it is happening throughout most of the EU though.

Something needs doing ASAP. The problem is where do you start......other than going on a massive home building project throughout the EU.

One reason for that is that, for example, in Germany people are building expensive properties as there is more profit than with cheap housing. The present low interests allow people to borrow more, which inflates the price of accommodation. The poor cannot keep up. Absolutely nothing to do with FOM. The market for cheap accommodation grew with the refugee crisis... not FOM. So a massive of home building- but of affordable housing- is necessary.

Sick Boy

How come you haven’t stopped posting tripe in your older age then? Latest being about the Midterms when you claimed that anyone thinking that he Dems had a good midterm must be a moron. They got almost as many votes as Trump in the presidential election and won the popular vote by 8 points and won the most seats in a midterm since 1974 after Nixon. Add that to confusing the Holy Roman Empire with the Roman Empire and Monetary Union with Fiscal Union etc., it seems that you are actually increasing your tripe content whilst growing older, more bitter and bad tempered.

One of the best was the insistence that Labour were going to be finished for a generation after the last election.

Sick Boy

Who has said main factor?

It is SB that is denying that it is a factor at all. The major factor is homes not being built. But for all the years where our population went up by half a million or more a year it was a big factor. Just like so many babies being born was. It helped to get us into the situation we are presently in. And they still are not doing enough about it.

That is the problem with the Tories. They are for the rich and wealthy. They don't have a homeless problem. So they will only do what looks good in the headlines. And people will fall for it as they always do. It is a national disgrace how they keep the homelessness under the radar as much as they can.

I have never said that it is not at factor at all, once again it is you putting words in someone's mouth, I have also said many times that the country needs more houses built, especially as only around 2% of the country is built upon.

You are the one who has continually tried to link EU migration with all sorts of problems, such as housing and preventing members of your family being seen for important surgery.

Sky Blue Pete

Again it’s a figment if your imagination this has anything to do with the uk government - it’s a Europe wide issue

https://www.feantsa.org/download/increases-in-homelessness4974810376875636190.pdf
Come on Grendel the reduction in support of local councils legal obligations to adult social care and access to mental health care limited to those who are about to take their lives has had no effect on the level of homelessness. That’s a daft position to take,

Astute

Yet again trying to words in someone's mouth.
Not at all. It was you accusing me of saying what I hadn't as usual.

I said her job wasn't easy. You said I was giving her praise by saying that. Yet you now admit her job isn't easy. So does that mean you are giving her praise?

Astute

I have never said that it is not at factor at all, once again it is you putting words in someone's mouth, I have also said many times that the country needs more houses built, especially as only around 2% of the country is built upon.

You are the one who has continually tried to link EU migration with all sorts of problems, such as housing and preventing members of your family being seen for important surgery.
Oh yes you did. I say it is a factor. You got on your high horse saying that I am scapegoating immigrants for saying it is a factor.

Or would you like to point out where I said the homelessness is all the fault of immigration.

Of course you can't as I never said it. But I can point out where I have blamed previous governments.

This is the problem trying to have a debate with you. Someone says something you don't like so you make lots of things up. All the proof is there to be read. But you will still continue with the same crap.

And on me losing my step dad because of what has happened at Boston

Census reveals rural town of Boston has most eastern European immigrants

They closed the operating theatre in Boston hospital as it couldn't cope with the amount of new arrivals. And they have to stabilise the patient before a long road trip normally to Nottingham or similar. But you reduce it to a cheap throw away comment on here. Shows you for the person you are

Last edited:

skybluetony176

They closed the operating theatre in Boston hospital as it couldn't cope with the amount of new arrivals

Really? Where I you getting that from? Can’t see anything in the news local or otherwise. I can see plenty of articles saying services are being reduced/scaled back/cancelled etc due to staffing shortages. Maybe they need some immigrants to come in and fill the positions.

Sick Boy

Oh yes you did. I say it is a factor. You got on your high horse saying that I am scapegoating immigrants for saying it is a factor.

Or would you like to point out where I said the homelessness is all the fault of immigration.

Of course you can't as I never said it. But I can point out where I have blamed previous governments.

This is the problem trying to have a debate with you. Someone says something you don't like so you make lots of things up. All the proof is there to be read. But you will still continue with the same crap.

And on me losing my step dad because of what has happened at Boston

Census reveals rural town of Boston has most eastern European immigrants

They closed the operating theatre in Boston hospital as it couldn't cope with the amount of new arrivals. And they have to stabilise the patient before a long road trip normally to Nottingham or similar. But you reduce it to a cheap throw away comment on here. Shows you for the person you are

You have tried to blame EU migrants consistently over the last 2 years for a lot of the country's woes, to me is says a lot about you. The overwhelming majority come here to work and pay taxes, if that money is not reinvested into the infrastructure of the country and services, is it their fault? Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that you were parroting May's magic money tree crap.

Someone says something you don't like so you make lots of things up. All the proof is there to be read. But you will still continue with the same crap. - this sounds an awful lot like yourself and your bizarre attempts at putting words into people's mouths,

Astute

Really? Where I you getting that from? Can’t see anything in the news local or otherwise. I can see plenty of articles saying services are being reduced/scaled back/cancelled etc due to staffing shortages. Maybe they need some immigrants to come in and fill the positions.
Can't you read?

They stopped doing heart surgery as they didn't have the space in the hospiat for all the new arrivals. They now have what they call a heart monitoring unit. In other words they monitor heart attack patients. A nursetold me they normally had at least one person a night complain of chest pains. They would get a bed for the night and get fed. In the morning they would just get up and leave. But she said they look on the bright side. Their heart monitoring unit has a fantastic recovery rate.

Astute

You have tried to blame EU migrants consistently over the last 2 years for a lot of the country's woes, to me is says a lot about you. The overwhelming majority come here to work and pay taxes, if that money is not reinvested into the infrastructure of the country and services, is it their fault? Don't forget it wasn't that long ago that you were parroting May's magic money tree crap.

Someone says something you don't like so you make lots of things up. All the proof is there to be read. But you will still continue with the same crap. - this sounds an awful lot like yourself and your bizarre attempts at putting words into people's mouths,
You are full of shit.

Yes I have said immigration has made a difference for years. That is because it has made a difference. Call it what you like. You love twisting words then acting like the innocent party. Saying it has made a difference isn't blaming immigrants and Immigration. It is just being truthful. And being truthful isn't your favourite subject.

So how come others can see and understand what I say but you never can? Still waiting for where I was supposed to have defended May. Suppose I will have a long wait as usual.

One more question. How come you never see me have a go at past governments for not getting enough homes built but you notice in the same post me having a go at Labour....You Just somehow forget what the subject is when it is because Labour also failed miserably to get homes built. And we had a Labour government at the time of our population boom.

Astute

Oh look. A lady died because they didn't send her to Nottingham hospital early enough from Boston hospital. Yet I suppose I don't know what has gone on although I mentioned Nottingham hospital.

Redirect Notice

Sick Boy

You are full of shit.

Yes I have said immigration has made a difference for years. That is because it has made a difference. Call it what you like. You love twisting words then acting like the innocent party. Saying it has made a difference isn't blaming immigrants and Immigration. It is just being truthful. And being truthful isn't your favourite subject.

So how come others can see and understand what I say but you never can? Still waiting for where I was supposed to have defended May. Suppose I will have a long wait as usual.

One more question. How come you never see me have a go at past governments for not getting enough homes built but you notice in the same post me having a go at Labour....You Just somehow forget what the subject is when it is because Labour also failed miserably to get homes built. And we had a Labour government at the time of our population boom.

I have said many times before that it is the fault of successive governments, yet you conveniently ignore that. It wasn't long ago you were going on about her magic money tree nonsense, yet now you will deny to have even said it, much like how you claim you haven't claimed to have switched between both sides multiple times. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if you suddenly started claiming you always backed remain in a couple of years if it all goes horribly wrong.

skybluetony176

Can't you read?

They stopped doing heart surgery as they didn't have the space in the hospiat for all the new arrivals. They now have what they call a heart monitoring unit. In other words they monitor heart attack patients. A nursetold me they normally had at least one person a night complain of chest pains. They would get a bed for the night and get fed. In the morning they would just get up and leave. But she said they look on the bright side. Their heart monitoring unit has a fantastic recovery rate.

The only effect of migration on the health system it states in the article that you linked is that it’s kept the maternity hospital open as it’s now sustainable again. The local MP also points out that there are 1300 unemployed and 10000 working immigrants and if the immigrants get sent back who is going to fill the jobs and keep the economy in the region growing.

Users who are viewing this thread