The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (16 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Good morning UKIP voting EU lover Tony.

We have been dictated to for years. Now it is obvious even to the blind. So should we stay in the EU just because we are getting bullied and dictated to?

Lost the argument already I see.

We aren’t staying in the EU, stop being a childish flounce. We’re not being bullied because we always knew where the red lines were. This is the reality of brexit. Deal with it. Like an adult.

Astute

so it's OK for the DUP, with 10 sitting MPs, to be totally inflexible but not a block of 27 countries?
Like I say, this should have been anticipated. Seems like the government was hoping on the EU bending over backwards to accommodate us.
Look to the start of the thread, I said one of my main reasons for voting remain was I didn't trust the tories to be able to deliver Brexit successfully, unfortunately they're actually performing worse than I could have imagined.
Governments run throughout the EU as a coalition. When was the last time Germany didn't have a coalition?

I have never trusted the Tories and never will. But at this moment we have nobody we can trust.

clint van damme

Which is what I have been saying.

It will hurt us. It will hurt millions throughout the EU. And if they don't do anything to solve their London problem because of their rules they have stated they will be hit much harder than us. Their rules stop them from taking their business to another city outside the EU. And no city inside the EU has the capability to take over at short notice. I don't think it would even be possible before the end of March.

They either don't understand how serious the situation is, are still just playing hard ball for as long as they can....or the worse scenario is they don't care about the damage caused as long as it damages us.

they've got their red lines they won't cross same as our government and the DUP.
everyone is going to end up suffering but the UK economy will suffer the most.
I think the WTO estimate was 3 million job losses in Europe and 1.6 million in the UK. The 3 million in the EU will be shred between 27 countries however so our hit will be the worse.

Astute

Lost the argument already I see.

We aren’t staying in the EU, stop being a childish flounce. We’re not being bullied because we always knew where the red lines were. This is the reality of brexit. Deal with it. Like an adult.
Lost an argument?

I am trying to have a debate.

There is one reason I could never win an argument with you. It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Astute

If you'd been following various news outlets you would realise that they have got somewhere.
But how would they know?

These same outlets were saying differences had been covered and a deal was ready to be made. It was as though the talks were to ratify what was already agreed. But the talks didn't last as long as we thought and nothing came from them.

It is starting to get to a time where we need to get worried.

skybluetony176

Lost an argument?

I am trying to have a debate.

There is one reason I could never win an argument with you. It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Ha ha ha. Debating, yeah. That must be why you started your post with a childish insult.

Idiot, yeah. From someone who’s failed to see the reality of what brexit is and always was going to be.

Good one.

martcov

Yes Mr EU. Straight out of the EU rule book they don't keep to themselves.

So answer the same question I have asked you countless times. Would the problem of Ireland be much easier sorting out a trade deal than sorting out the problem with Ireland not knowing what kind of trade deal there will be?

If you disagree I will know that you are just coming out with crap and excuses and will let you argue with yourself from now.

Of course I disagree. No point doing a FTA if you are going to fall out over border controls and Trump it straight after.

martcov

Yes Mr EU. Straight out of the EU rule book they don't keep to themselves.

So answer the same question I have asked you countless times. Would the problem of Ireland be much easier sorting out a trade deal than sorting out the problem with Ireland not knowing what kind of trade deal there will be?

If you disagree I will know that you are just coming out with crap and excuses and will let you argue with yourself from now.

They do keep to their rule book. You can live and work anywhere in the EU and move goods and capital freely. You are just making things up as usual. Pointless talking about a FTA until you have a basis for a stable relationship.

Last edited:

martcov

they've got their red lines they won't cross same as our government and the DUP.
everyone is going to end up suffering but the UK economy will suffer the most.
I think the WTO estimate was 3 million job losses in Europe and 1.6 million in the UK. The 3 million in the EU will be shred between 27 countries however so our hit will be the worse.

Maths is not his strong point.

martcov

Which is what I have been saying.

It will hurt us. It will hurt millions throughout the EU. And if they don't do anything to solve their London problem because of their rules they have stated they will be hit much harder than us. Their rules stop them from taking their business to another city outside the EU. And no city inside the EU has the capability to take over at short notice. I don't think it would even be possible before the end of March.

They either don't understand how serious the situation is, are still just playing hard ball for as long as they can....or the worse scenario is they don't care about the damage caused as long as it damages us.

You do talk some crap. Brexit is ours. The EU understands well enough. We will lose our passporting rights. The EU will try and take as much business as they can for their members. Hardly surprising. That is their job. They have said that it is not possible to for the U.K. to have the benefits without the responsibilities. We continually state that we want the benefits anyway. The EU says you’re not getting them without full membership. It is not rocket science and was entirely foreseeable. If you haven’t copped on yet, you never will.

I cannot understand why you keep repeating the same crap. Maybe you listened to RM, BoJo and NF. More fool you. I laugh at these tossers and people who keep repeating empty rhetoric like „leave means leave“.

About time we had an informed democratic vote on which of the 4 crap leave options we are going to take, or remain. And yes, I should be allowed to vote as a British EU citizen as Brexit takes away my rights.

Last edited:

martcov

But how would they know?

These same outlets were saying differences had been covered and a deal was ready to be made. It was as though the talks were to ratify what was already agreed. But the talks didn't last as long as we thought and nothing came from them.

It is starting to get to a time where we need to get worried.

They quoted a memo from a negotiator who thought the problem had been solved, but the government said no. And you say Merkel‘s got problems.

The Tories caused this cock up and I hope they disband if we crash out and collapse. A pity we don’t have PR and coalitions. May could throw the tossers out and make a coalition with other parties ( assuming they are not all crap parties like the DUP ).

I was worried and got German citizenship. Bazza calls that being a scaredy cat and thinks we should have faith and get behind the country ( less than half the country at the moment ). Maybe you’re becoming a scaredy cat? Just drive off the cliff like Bazza in perfect happiness thinking everything will work out in 30 years time. Ignorance is bliss.

Astute

Ha ha ha. Debating, yeah. That must be why you started your post with a childish insult.

Idiot, yeah. From someone who’s failed to see the reality of what brexit is and always was going to be.

Good one.
You insult me yet don't expect it back?

Goodbye child. Find someone else to argue with.

martcov

12% is 1 in 10?

They got 10,1%. Which is 1 in 10.

Less than expected and no one ( or rather less than one hundred and they were mainly media, as opposed to the 350 expected guests ) turned up to their “celebration “ party.

‘München -

Das Wahlergebnis der AfD in Bayern ist schlechter als von der Parteispitze erwartet – und die Schuldigen schnell gefunden: „Hetze der Altparteien, vor allem der CSU“, sagt Katrin Ebner-Steiner, eine Verbündete des Thüringer Rechtsaußen Björn Höcke und mögliche künftige Fraktionschefin im bayerischen Landtag.

Hier alle Ergebnisse der Bayern-Wahl nachlesen

„Da müssen wir das nächste Mal etwas präventiv eingreifen, dass wir keine offenen Flanken bieten können.“ Es klingt fast wie ein Eingeständnis, dass rechte Parolen möglicherweise Wähler abgeschreckt haben.

Feier in der Provinz wird zum Flop für AfD
Und auch die erhoffte Jubelfeier in der niederbayerischen Gemeinde Mamming wird ein Partyflop – anstelle der erwarteten 350 Gäste kommen zunächst weniger als hundert Anhänger. Die Medienleute sind in der Mehrheit.’

They blame the “old parties” especially the CSU for attacking them. They want to do things differently next time to keep their flanks clear. Basically admitting that their right wing slogans frightened people off.

I certainly see a trend against the AfD. The demonstrations against the right are growing and the right wing are increasingly seen as dangerous. I hope the greens and FDP continue gaining ground. We need Jamaica coalitions ( the colours of the Jamaican flag ) as the SPD under Nahles is going down the tubes for the time being.

CDU is black. FDP yellow and the Greens er... green.

skybluetony176

You insult me yet don't expect it back?

Goodbye child. Find someone else to argue with.

I never said I don’t expect it back, twisting again I see. I’m just not under illusion that it’s a debate. Besides telling you to grow up regarding this subject is good advice, not an insult.

Astute

They got 10,1%. Which is 1 in 10.

Less than expected and no one ( or rather less than one hundred and they were mainly media, as opposed to the 350 expected guests ) turned up to their “celebration “ party.

‘München -

Das Wahlergebnis der AfD in Bayern ist schlechter als von der Parteispitze erwartet – und die Schuldigen schnell gefunden: „Hetze der Altparteien, vor allem der CSU“, sagt Katrin Ebner-Steiner, eine Verbündete des Thüringer Rechtsaußen Björn Höcke und mögliche künftige Fraktionschefin im bayerischen Landtag.

Hier alle Ergebnisse der Bayern-Wahl nachlesen

„Da müssen wir das nächste Mal etwas präventiv eingreifen, dass wir keine offenen Flanken bieten können.“ Es klingt fast wie ein Eingeständnis, dass rechte Parolen möglicherweise Wähler abgeschreckt haben.

Feier in der Provinz wird zum Flop für AfD
Und auch die erhoffte Jubelfeier in der niederbayerischen Gemeinde Mamming wird ein Partyflop – anstelle der erwarteten 350 Gäste kommen zunächst weniger als hundert Anhänger. Die Medienleute sind in der Mehrheit.’

They blame the “old parties” especially the CSU for attacking them. They want to do things differently next time to keep their flanks clear. Basically admitting that their right wing slogans frightened people off.

I certainly see a trend against the AfD. The demonstrations against the right are growing and the right wing are increasingly seen as dangerous. I hope the greens and FDP continue gaining ground. We need Jamaica coalitions ( the colours of the Jamaican flag ) as the SPD under Nahles is going down the tubes for the time being.

CDU is black. FDP yellow and the Greens er... green.
They got 12% in the general election. Now that isn't 12% all over. It is an average. But Bavaria was well below the 10% they got this time.

And you are not worried at all?

OK Mart. Just as bad as you saying Ireland wouldn't be easier to solve with a free trade deal in place.

Go join UKIP voting Tony. Won't be replying to either of you again. I can only take a certain amount of crap and have gone well past that limit.

martcov

Governments run throughout the EU as a coalition. When was the last time Germany didn't have a coalition?

I have never trusted the Tories and never will. But at this moment we have nobody we can trust.
They got 12% in the general election. Now that isn't 12% all over. It is an average. But Bavaria was well below the 10% they got this time.

And you are not worried at all?

OK Mart. Just as bad as you saying Ireland wouldn't be easier to solve with a free trade deal in place.

Go join UKIP voting Tony. Won't be replying to either of you again. I can only take a certain amount of crap and have gone well past that limit.

They, AfD, didn’t stand last time and got 0,0%. There were always splinter parties for the far right, but on their own they had problems getting over 5%, which you need to get into Parliament. Together the splinter right wing parties got around 5% last time.

As for Ireland, we have the best free trade agreement possible, but are leaving it because we don’t like the terms. You being one against freedom of movement. That is our problem. We could stay in the FTA as the majority of people in NI and ROI want, but because of mainly English people, there is a problem with the border. We now have to agree on a regulatory framework for the border which English people voted for in their ignorance whilst following the chant “control our borders”. A simple phrase where the lazy voters didn’t bother asking what about Ireland? Should have been dealt before activating article 50, then we would still have time. But, we were told “Brexit means Brexit” and “it’s democracy, get over it”. So whilst the leavers were still popping their Champagne corks, I was on German TV pointing out the problem of the Irish border and the irony of the English pulling the N Irish against their will out of the EU. As predicted, it is a total cock up and the UK just keeps embarrassing itself further.

In the meantime people like yourself blame people like myself and the EU itself, who understood how this worked because we have been crossing borders before and after the EU was formed. We get called liars when we point out the blindingly obvious, and you talk crap about making a new FTA without having first agreed how the border will work. How do you think we can control goods and people before we have decided how controls can take place, or have a FTA with the EU and a differing one with other countries, but still cross the border without checks to see which goods are under the EU FTA and which are under WTO or another FTO?

Rees Mogg has now equated the EU with the Mafia for not giving in and changing their rules for his purposes. The mask has dropped as he went on about them “kneecapping” us for leaving. He should have counted it in that they weren’t going to drop the 4 freedoms for us leaving. A major miscalculation, and he is now winding his victims up against the EU. The guy is a swine and I hope he gets beaten at the next election.

Sick Boy

They, AfD, didn’t stand last time and got 0,0%. There were always splinter parties for the far right, but on their own they had problems getting over 5%, which you need to get into Parliament. Together the splinter right wing parties got around 5% last time.

As for Ireland, we have the best free trade agreement possible, but are leaving it because we don’t like the terms. You being one against freedom of movement. That is our problem. We could stay in the FTA as the majority of people in NI and ROI want, but because of mainly English people, there is a problem with the border. We now have to agree on a regulatory framework for the border which English people voted for in their ignorance whilst following the chant “control our borders”. A simple phrase where the lazy voters didn’t bother asking what about Ireland? Should have been dealt before activating article 50, then we would still have time. But, we were told “Brexit means Brexit” and “it’s democracy, get over it”. So whilst the leavers were still popping their Champagne corks, I was on German TV pointing out the problem of the Irish border and the irony of the English pulling the N Irish against their will out of the EU. As predicted, it is a total cock up and the UK just keeps embarrassing itself further.

In the meantime people like yourself blame people like myself and the EU itself, who understood how this worked because we have been crossing borders before and after the EU was formed. We get called liars when we point out the blindingly obvious, and you talk crap about making a new FTA without having first agreed how the border will work. How do you think we can control goods and people before we have decided how controls can take place, or have a FTA with the EU and a differing one with other countries, but still cross the border without checks to see which goods are under the EU FTA and which are under WTO or another FTO?

Rees Mogg has now equated the EU with the Mafia for not giving in and changing their rules for his purposes. The mask has dropped as he went on about them “kneecapping” us for leaving. He should have counted it in that they weren’t going to drop the 4 freedoms for us leaving. A major miscalculation, and he is now winding his victims up against the EU. The guy is a swine and I hope he gets beaten at the next election.

First it was Hunt comparing the EU to USSR and now JRM comparing it to the Mafia.

Both are offensive to those citizens whose lives have actually been blighted by both.

Grendel

Have you got round to reading the sections of the Belfast Treaty I pointed out the other day?

Grendel

Bit of a nothing address really. Not anything we didn’t know. As Danny Dyer put it, it’s the unfathomable riddle.

Wow Tony - one day you bring in Donald Trump and his expertise in Foreign Affairs and now its the economist Danny Dyer

skybluetony176

Wow Tony - one day you bring in Donald Trump and his expertise in Foreign Affairs and now its the economist Danny Dyer

He wasn’t wrong though was he. His appraisal of David Cameron in the same TV appearance was equally accurate. That’s means he’s been right at least twice more than you. What does it feel like to be lagging behind Danny Dyer?

Grendel

He wasn’t wrong though was he. His appraisal of David Cameron in the same TV appearance was equally accurate. That’s means he’s been right at least twice more than you. What does it feel like to be lagging behind Danny Dyer?

Given your statements about the ERM, the contents of Geoffrey Howes speech etc. Tony I think you'd know that feeling more than me. What next? Perhaps Michael Barrymore has a view on the Border issue?

skybluetony176

Given your statements about the ERM, the contents of Geoffrey Howes speech etc. Tony I think you'd know that feeling more than me. What next? Perhaps Michael Barrymore has a view on the Border issue?

How about the Holy Roman Empire? Or maybe a country where working conditions are so bad and work life so awful they have a word specifically for dying at work? You’re at least on the same step as me.

Grendel

How about the Holy Roman Empire? Or maybe a country where working conditions are so bad and work life so awful they have a word specifically for dying at work? You’re at least on the same step as me.

I already explained the first one and as I have spent time in Japan I think I know a little bit more than Wiki man. I bet you get excited if you have a trip to Nuneaton in your little job - is that right Tony?

skybluetony176

I already explained the first one and as I have spent time in Japan I think I know a little bit more than Wiki man. I bet you get excited if you have a trip to Nuneaton in your little job - is that right Tony?

Ha ha. You tried to waffle you’re way out the first one and failed spectacularly. If you have been to Japan clearly you spent your time there with your head in it’s usual place because if you didn’t you would know how suppressed by work a nation it is. Little job is all I need. Made my money when I was younger and it’s allowed me to have a good work life balance with my family while still being relatively young. There isn’t many corners of the world I haven’t been to but thanks for asking. Because of my success when younger I didn’t need work to pay for it either. Mainly workshop based these days which suits my work life balance but on the odd occasion I do have to travel for work it could be anywhere in the country. Thanks for your concern though.

How’s the toilet cleaning business at JLR by the way? Do you still put fresh cakes in the urinals in the executive toilets? That’s the Grendull difference.

Users who are viewing this thread