The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astute

Because nobody English has ever taken the piss out of other European countries when they’ve been knocked out.
If it was someone from the UK in a high position I would agree.

No need for excuses for those running the EU. We already know what they are like.

Sick Boy

Not ignored anything. But you haven't made comments about anything I have posted or backed Mart up as you usually do. Is he that hard to back up with his current comments?

La Lega is becoming more racist as it goes along it seems. But you know more than I do. They are compared with Front Nationale (As you mentioned) and the BNP and NF in the UK.

So what point are you ready to pounce on me with?

Then surely you must consider UKIP a racist party then? It has been alliances with both parties before in the European parliament.

I mentioned the lies and fear tactics of the leave campaign the other day. You called yourself a remainer the other day after previously coming out as a leaver even though you've always posted very much from a leave POV.

It seems like you're majorly confused by the whole debate.

Grendel

Then surely you must consider UKIP a racist party then? It has been alliances with both parties before in the European parliament.

I mentioned the lies and fear tactics of the leave campaign the other day. You called yourself a remainer the other day after previously coming out as a leaver even though you've always posted very much from a leave POV.

It seems like you're majorly confused by the whole debate.

Tony passionately argued the case for UKIP not being a racist party.

Macca

There was never as much right wing influence in Britain as there is today. There will be a few things that get pushed through whilst we are arguing about Brexit. Brexit is a huge part of the news and political discussions. It is a distraction.

This made me laugh. This country right wing. Even the tories are liberals

martcov

UKIP is finished unless Juncker gets his way and we stay in the EU. So what parties do we have that you count as right wing?

Are they as right wing as millions of Germans who voted that way? And how many in the UK are as bad?

But yeah it is all down to the UK and not Germany. The problem is that we don't believe in fairy tales. We know the truth.

If you want to see right wing comments, read the Express comments or Breitbart.... these people couldn’t spout their crap publicly in the 70s. You kept your right wing views for yourself, or you went to NF meetings or rallies and joined in. But there weren’t the networks as now. Now the right wing are crawling over social media. The truth is that the extreme right have gained support in the UK. In the 70s we were waiting for a left wing revolution.... people were trying to get us ( my union branch ) to join the Trades Council. They said they would run Coventry as a Soviet after the revolution. I went to a couple of Trades Council meetings on the left... and a National Front rally. In comparison they were primitive. Outsiders in a dream world. Now the BS is endless, especially from the right.

martcov

At least one EU offical was pleased to see England knocked out...

England fans outraged as senior EU official appears to mock Gareth Southgate's team following 2-1 defeat to Croatia

TELEMMGLPICT000155106278-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqn2n2hk5qKEJ--A9z8HbLAsG1A3ARvkKPXv0GiMUZykA.jpeg

The secretary-general of the European Commission has provoked outrage among England fans this morning after posting a tweet appearing to mock Gareth Southgate’s men following their 2-1 defeat to Croatia.

Martin Selmayr, nicknamed ‘the monster of the Berlaymont’, posted a series of footballs and European Union flags just minutes after England crashed out of the World Cup semi-finals to a rival member state.

The official, who is considered to be Jean Claude Juncker’s right-hand man in Brussels, has taken a hard line stance during the Brexit negotiations and is believed to have been pushing EU negotiators to take an uncompromising approach in their dealings with Mrs May’s Government.

Hard line stance? We haven’t agreed a white paper laying out our negotiating position up until now. It is difficult to be hardline when the negotiations haven’t got to the important bits. He has just laid out the EU rules. Let’s see what happens when the EU get out position.

skybluetony176

Tony passionately argued the case for UKIP not being a racist party.

I find it odd that you keep bringing this up when your own posting history this thread reads like a UKIP manifesto. You have more in common with them than me yet I don’t consider you a racist when apparently I should. According to you anyway.

Grendel

I find it odd that you keep bringing this up when your own posting history this thread reads like a UKIP manifesto. You have more in common with them than me yet I don’t consider you a racist when apparently I should. According to you anyway.

I don’t have anything in common with them Tony

Sick Boy

At least one EU offical was pleased to see England knocked out...

England fans outraged as senior EU official appears to mock Gareth Southgate's team following 2-1 defeat to Croatia

TELEMMGLPICT000155106278-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqn2n2hk5qKEJ--A9z8HbLAsG1A3ARvkKPXv0GiMUZykA.jpeg

The secretary-general of the European Commission has provoked outrage among England fans this morning after posting a tweet appearing to mock Gareth Southgate’s men following their 2-1 defeat to Croatia.

Martin Selmayr, nicknamed ‘the monster of the Berlaymont’, posted a series of footballs and European Union flags just minutes after England crashed out of the World Cup semi-finals to a rival member state.

The official, who is considered to be Jean Claude Juncker’s right-hand man in Brussels, has taken a hard line stance during the Brexit negotiations and is believed to have been pushing EU negotiators to take an uncompromising approach in their dealings with Mrs May’s Government.

He did the same Tweet after England beat Sweden.

martcov

According to May people are getting the Brexit they voted for. KoK will be pleased.. and all the others who knew what they were voting for as well...

SkyblueBazza

No, he is not. Firstly there are different ways of calculating Defence spending. You could include foreign aid to poor regions in Africa. That comes under preventing wars. Secondly, Germany was occupied by the USA. It was formed into a country representing American/ Western values and became an „enemy“ of Cold War Russia because of that. America put Germany into it’s camp and has the responsibility to protect it.

But, times change and Trump has shown everyone that you cannot remain tied to the US apron strings forever. It is time to plan for more inter European cooperation and tell Trump that he can no longer expect European support for wars of intervention in other people’s countries. Trump wants to sell weapons and liquid gas for his business friends. The USA is being run on business lines, not moral or ethical.

No...defence spending is what you spend on being able to resist attack from aggressors Foreign aid is debatably a gift to help a country develop it's infrastructure & build a higher standard of living: or providing money which eventually flows into the foreign countries' defence budget. Thereby risking them attacking YOUR country!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

No...defence spending is what you spend on being able to resist attack from aggressors Foreign aid is debatably a gift to help a country develop it's infrastructure & build a higher standard of living: or providing money which eventually flows into the foreign countries' defence budget. Thereby risking them attacking YOUR country!

Cutting foreign aid incase that country then attacks you? Riiiiiiight.

We seem to be allied with countries that seem to think nothing of funding terrorism in our own country

SkyblueBazza

Not pathetic. There is no agreement that says 2%. That is a target for 6 years time. The Bundeswehr is underfinanced anyway and they will invest. There is no exact way of gauging what counts as military spending. Pensions to retired generals for example. It is not easy. The idea of the European Defence Force is to pool resources and reduce wasteful spending. Arguably better than spending for the sake of spending. Just taking a nominal figure doesn’t mean a lot. Seeing as we are allies acting in American ( previously Western Values ) interests, we don’t need an uneducated idiot spouting his mouth off. I would ask him to reduce his presence in Germany if he wants to save money.
Until Germany is at risk of attack at some future point you mean? Then they will want NATO protection because that is part of the agreement. Like today...on the face of it - typical lilly-livered approach. Gain agreement with Trump, then agree together afterwards what their public interpretation of the agreement will be.

SkyblueBazza

Wales. NATO summit 2014. agreement to increase spending to 2% of GDP within 10 years. That means by 2024. which is vague ( it doesn’t say how quickly you have to increase over the period) as is how you calculate defence spending.
I thought you calculated it by including foreign aid too though?

SkyblueBazza

Cutting foreign aid incase that country then attacks you? Riiiiiiight.

We seem to be allied with countries that seem to think nothing of funding terrorism in our own country
I didn't say cut anything at all...you raised that prospect

Grendel

Just read your own posts (well the ones that are on topic anyway) and then compare them to any UKIP manifesto ever. You’ve pretty much covered every angle of theirs.

Please provide examples - unlike you I’ve never read the manifesto

Users who are viewing this thread