The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (19 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Do you think if we were not in the EU and were asked to join a referendum would vote in?

I don't think we would, (if we weren't already in I certainly wouldn't vote for it!). But if we did then maybe there would be the same ambiguity as to what joining actually meant unless it was clearly spelled out pre referendum.

fernandopartridge

Today the Tories have voted against parliamentary scrutiny of any changes to derived employment rights. It'll be left to committees no doubt chock full of schmoozed MPs.

The narrative on Carillion will end up that it was the employees fault for asking for pay and holiday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

It is my opinion that Brexit is already dead, it's up to the government how it is handled and announced to the people and how the backlash is dealt with.

I would argue “brexit is already dead” when article 50 has been triggered and voted for by our House of Commons. It’s just passed phase 1 and on to trade.

Hardly dead is it?

Oh and if the decision is reversed you think 2016 was a shock year. You ain’t seen nothing yet in my opinion if it is indeed reversed.

Kingokings204

No because they have the luxury of oil...to swing your question on its head, they're in no rush to stop abiding by EU laws or ending FoM for access to the SM market, are they?

Fair point on the oil. Sure.

To answer your question is simple in that freedom of movement isn’t an issue in Norway from what I’ve read and actually helps in small doses of course. Do they have 4 million eu nationals living there for example? I wouldn’t think so. Clearly the freedom of movement is less of an issue to access of the SM.

The answer is it suits Norway for their agreement and they prosper as a country I think we agree on.

The problem with migrants coming over at will with no control and no checks is the Eastern Europeans ironically aren’t liking this issue with Hungary in particular making it very clear Hungary is a Christian country and they won’t take what they are told to. Good for them I say.

martcov

Fair point on the oil. Sure.

To answer your question is simple in that freedom of movement isn’t an issue in Norway from what I’ve read and actually helps in small doses of course. Do they have 4 million eu nationals living there for example? I wouldn’t think so. Clearly the freedom of movement is less of an issue to access of the SM.

The answer is it suits Norway for their agreement and they prosper as a country I think we agree on.

The problem with migrants coming over at will with no control and no checks is the Eastern Europeans ironically aren’t liking this issue with Hungary in particular making it very clear Hungary is a Christian country and they won’t take what they are told to. Good for them I say.

Well, I don’t know when you last read the bible, but I remember the sentiment being somewhat different to yours and Orban‘s. I would say that Merkel has acted more in line with the bible in helping people fleeing from a war. But you and Farage don’t get that or want to get it.

Grendel

Well, I don’t know when you last read the bible, but I remember the sentiment being somewhat different to yours and Orban‘s. I would say that Merkel has acted more in line with the bible in helping people fleeing from a war. But you and Farage don’t get that or want to get it.

I admire your ability to type with a pen being held in your mouth.

It’s the only explanation I can offer as you are clearly in a straight jacket in a padded cell.

Sick Boy

What happened? A man who REALLY wanted imus out of the CU and the SM did rather well.

The party who wanted to remain disappeared without trace.

As I've said to you before, JC's true beliefs will come back to haunt him. I have lost count of conversations I've had with Corbynistas who've claimed he is v anti Brexit

martcov

I admire your ability to type with a pen being held in your mouth.

It’s the only explanation I can offer as you are clearly in a straight jacket in a padded cell.

Just because that is where you are doesn’t mean that I am in the same position. Anyway, it’s lights out soon for you. Sleep well.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who was it that said voting for brexit wouldn't mean we would have more control of our borders as the Tories wouldn't fund it?

As expected, the argument turned out to be nonsense. A shit load of money is about to be pumped in.

Sick Boy

Who was it that said voting for brexit wouldn't mean we would have more control of our borders as the Tories wouldn't fund it?

As expected, the argument turned out to be nonsense. A shit load of money is about to be pumped in.

Who'd have thought that the UK would have bowed to French pressure, eh? ;)

clint van damme

I said it. Funny how you didn't comment about this:
'Dad's Army' volunteers to help Border Force patrol Britain's coastline against people smugglers and crime gangs

We're talking about bolstering what is already in place rather than anything groundbreaking. We had to do this because the French authorities had virtually given up trying to police entry into the UK.
Ask your missus what her or her families or friends experience was of getting into the UK from France this year. I work with loads of Eastern Europeans and they said they couldn't believe how easy entry was compared to previous years so I wouldn't go getting on your high horse yet.
The government will have to spend a lot more than 44 million and pinpoint more than just the tunnel to secure our borders.
If only we had a spare 200 billion, oh, we have, but it's financing PFI deals for the next 20 years!

Osborne slammed over £88 MILLION border cuts that would leave UK open to terror attacks

skybluetony176

Not sure anyone said it with us funding security in an EU member country even after we leave the EU in mind. Think it’s been said that actually we could have stricter controls on EU migrants coming into the U.K. and working should successive governments have chosen to fund the process to apply this.

fernandopartridge

Like all the Tory promises of "massive increases", it's massive increases after 25% cuts under their watch. I suspect it's still far less than what is actually required.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I said it. Funny how you didn't comment about this:
'Dad's Army' volunteers to help Border Force patrol Britain's coastline against people smugglers and crime gangs

We're talking about bolstering what is already in place rather than anything groundbreaking. We had to do this because the French authorities had virtually given up trying to police entry into the UK.
Ask your missus what her or her families or friends experience was of getting into the UK from France this year. I work with loads of Eastern Europeans and they said they couldn't believe how easy entry was compared to previous years so I wouldn't go getting on your high horse yet.
The government will have to spend a lot more than 44 million and pinpoint more than just the tunnel to secure our borders.
If only we had a spare 200 billion, oh, we have, but it's financing PFI deals for the next 20 years!

Osborne slammed over £88 MILLION border cuts that would leave UK open to terror attacks

There was someone other than you saying it too. My original point was that the EU had not done enough to protect our borders, which was glaringly obvious. The argument put up was 'well we might as well stay in as the tories won't fund any extra border protection'. I agree that I don't trust them as far as I could throw them either, but I thought that was a bit of a defeatist attitude.

As we can see today they are trying to do something, whether that is some extra fencing or a dad's army platoon. Some leave voters are angry about this, and whilst I can understand that, because the migrants have been allowed to freely congregate in Calais by France and the EU, I won't cut my nose off to spite my face because I think we can all agree that extra border protection is a good thing. It's also good that we have done a deal with the French. It's important for relations moving forward and indicates the two countries can work together on stuff that matters.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure anyone said it with us funding security in an EU member country even after we leave the EU in mind. Think it’s been said that actually we could have stricter controls on EU migrants coming into the U.K. and working should successive governments have chosen to fund the process to apply this.

It's semantics really. I have heard the argument that we are not capable of controlling our borders so we might as well let the EU do it several times.

I know I have said this before, but I don't think migration from within EU countries was as of a massive factor in the referendum vote as many think. Culturally they are much more similar to us than non-EU people and most people know that. Merkel's policies and the EU's reinforcement of it was what tipped that 2% in my opinion.

Sick Boy

It's semantics really. I have heard the argument that we are not capable of controlling our borders so we might as well let the EU do it several times.

I know I have said this before, but I don't think migration from within EU countries was as of a massive factor in the referendum vote as many think. Culturally they are much more similar to us than non-EU people and most people know that. Merkel's policies and the EU's reinforcement of it was what tipped that 2% in my opinion.

I think that whipped up fear of immigration rather than immigration itself was a major factor.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Not sure what that has to do with anything that I said? The narrative that people opposed to Brexit are anti-British is utter bollocks. :)

It's not utter bollocks. It might get exaggerated at times as it isn't by any means everyone, but the stereotype does exist for a reason with some people.

martcov

It's not utter bollocks. It might get exaggerated at times as it isn't by any means everyone, but the stereotype does exist for a reason with some people.

Who would be anti British by attacking Brexit? Putin? I thought he was for it. The EU? The EU keeps doing a CCC „ The door is still open „ approach. Remainers? Why would they be anti British? Pointing out that Brexit is very likely not be to Britain‘s advantage is hardly anti British. Indeed some of the leaver rhetoric is against what Britain stands for or is harping back to a bygone age where Britain had an empire and was almost all „white“.

Who is anti British? And why? I don’t even see the Islamists as particularly bothered about criticising Brexit. I can’t think of why anti British people would attack Brexit.

clint van damme

If you want to talk about anti British I'll give you two sentences:
David Davis attempts to circumnavigate parliament over the Brexit withdrawal bill.
David Davis lying to Parliament and the British public over Brexit impact reports.

wingy

Clearly we should have never built the tunnel.
Which idiot ever came up with that one! :$ B-)
You Couldn't make it up.
Bonkers Boris wants to build a bridge over the Channel.
He must have been smoking some good stuff yesterday.

clint van damme

You Couldn't make it up.
Bonkers Boris wants to build a bridge over the Channel.
He must have been smoking some good stuff yesterday.

I can't put into words just what a complete fucking idiot that man is.
In a week where Carillion collapsed and the full cost to the taxpayer of PFI/PPP deals has been in the news surely the last thing any politician should be doing is suggesting another white elephant project that's going to cost the country billions?

fernandopartridge

I can't put into words just what a complete fucking idiot that man is.
In a week where Carillion collapsed and the full cost to the taxpayer of PFI/PPP deals has been in the news surely the last thing any politician should be doing is suggesting another white elephant project that's going to cost the country billions?
That's what he's all about. Look over there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who would be anti British by attacking Brexit? Putin? I thought he was for it. The EU? The EU keeps doing a CCC „ The door is still open „ approach. Remainers? Why would they be anti British? Pointing out that Brexit is very likely not be to Britain‘s advantage is hardly anti British. Indeed some of the leaver rhetoric is against what Britain stands for or is harping back to a bygone age where Britain had an empire and was almost all „white“.

Who is anti British? And why? I don’t even see the Islamists as particularly bothered about criticising Brexit. I can’t think of why anti British people would attack Brexit.

It's not really like you have a leg to stand on here. You were a Brit who has now moved to Germany and you want to be a German citizen. You prioritise Germany over Britain.

I'm not saying all remain voters hate Britain, what I am saying is there are many that do. When something comes out about Britain vs The EU, they side with The EU on almost everything. There are a few of those people on here, and there are many I have met in real life. What's sad is that they don't have the balls to admit it. They just argue and water down everything and then come back with the unbeatable line of 'I'm just worried about Brexit'. That might be fair in some cases, sure. In other cases however it is completely transparent.

martcov

It's not really like you have a leg to stand on here. You were a Brit who has now moved to Germany and you want to be a German citizen. You prioritise Germany over Britain.

I'm not saying all remain voters hate Britain, what I am saying is there are many that do. When something comes out about Britain vs The EU, they side with The EU on almost everything. There are a few of those people on here, and there are many I have met in real life. What's sad is that they don't have the balls to admit it. They just argue and water down everything and then come back with the unbeatable line of 'I'm just worried about Brexit'. That might be fair in some cases, sure. In other cases however it is completely transparent.

We are members of the EU. Siding with „club“ that we have been with and agreed to the development of for 40 years is not against Britain. Applying for German citizenship whilst running a business in Germany and having a German common law wife and a half German kid, is common sense in the mad Brexit world which I didn’t vote for and don’t agree with. Who knows what comes next. I am not anti British, just covering my arse.

Being anti Brexit equates with being pro Britain for a small majority in Britain at the moment.

Wishing the chaos of Brexit on Britain can easily be construed as anti British, albeit not deliberately anti British.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes, on the one hand breaking from the EU, and the other suggesting more cooperation with the second most powerful EU country. Does he class as anti British in your world? Siding with an EU country?

Oh I've hit a nerve haven't I.

You're German now. I don't see what any of this has to do with you anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread