The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (65 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ring Of Steel

The world is fucked up. Governments don’t want intelligence.

It starts at school. 4 year olds holding flags talking about God and country while reciting national anthems. It’s fucking sick when you think about it.

Control, it’s all they want. It got a bit difficult for a while with the internet but they are back on track now. Isn’t Net Neutrality a way that’s being used over there to stifle people’s ability to access info?

Grendel

Control, it’s all they want. It got a bit difficult for a while with the internet but they are back on track now. Isn’t Net Neutrality a way that’s being used over there to stifle people’s ability to access info?
I thought you were going to go an have a Rasberry Ripple and a lie down?

Ring Of Steel

I thought you were going to go an have a Rasberry Ripple and a lie down?
Haha- no that was last night on the ice cream, I was on a bit of a health kick, got myself a Garmin and allsorts, but I fell off the wagon last night and my system is struggling to deal with the massive influx of sugar & cream.

Anyway I’d never have raspberry ripple, I don’t like that.

shmmeee

The timing of the referendum couldn't have come at a worse time, that didn't help.

That was Cameron’s biggest mistake. Have austerity for years then offer radical change and hope it wouldn’t be picked.

FWIW it’s why I voted in Corbyn in 2015, there was a clear thirst post crash for radical political solutions and I thought he might be the left wing answer. Brexit stole that thunder a year later and from that point the radical agenda was owned by the right.

There’s a reason Brexiters and Corbynistas are so alike. They both share a feeling that the current system isn’t working and we need radical change. Sadly thanks to human nature far right always seems to beat out far left. My history is shaky but I seem to recall pre war Germany having a rise in communism at the same time.

What’s so frustrating is I honesty believe we have a model to sort this without it erupting into fascism and that model is massive investment in regions and job creation. I really hope we don’t have to wait for the eruption before we learn that again.

Ring Of Steel

That was Cameron’s biggest mistake. Have austerity for years then offer radical change and hope it wouldn’t be picked.

FWIW it’s why I voted in Corbyn in 2015, there was a clear thirst post crash for radical political solutions and I thought he might be the left wing answer. Brexit stole that thunder a year later and from that point the radical agenda was owned by the right.

There’s a reason Brexiters and Corbynistas are so alike. They both share a feeling that the current system isn’t working and we need radical change. Sadly thanks to human nature far right always seems to beat out far left. My history is shaky but I seem to recall pre war Germany having a rise in communism at the same time.

What’s so frustrating is I honesty believe we have a model to sort this without it erupting into fascism and that model is massive investment in regions and job creation. I really hope we don’t have to wait for the eruption before we learn that again.
That’s a really good post.

Grendel

By the way who is Mart, or is that a typo? I’d love a lie down actually, I’m knackered and all bloated due to all the ice cream.

Clearly a Freudian slip. This inane ranting just reminds me of someone

Sick Boy

Exactly. So violence will happen, unfortunately.
I'd never thought I'd see loyalists actually choosing to apply for Irish passports, so who knows but some would be inevitable, unfortunately. What many seem to not consider is would Eire be able to afford/want the north and all the problems that would inevitablty come with it.
Loyalist traditions and customs would need to be fully respected by law, Ireland has changed a hell of a lot over the last 30 years, so that wouldn't be a problem in the future.
Tiocfaidh ár lá!! ;)

tisza

Sadly thanks to human nature far right always seems to beat out far left. My history is shaky but I seem to recall pre war Germany having a rise in communism at the same time.
Often been polar opposites in contemporary European politics. Spain, Germany, Italy all 20th century examples

Far left govts have generally come about from the barrel of a gun - not wishing to give Corbyn, RLB any ideas :)

Sick Boy

Often been polar opposites in contemporary European politics. Spain, Germany, Italy all 20th century examples

Far left govts have generally come about from the barrel of a gun - not wishing to give Corbyn, RLB any ideas :)
Yeah the polar opposites here in Italy are crazy, go to the centre of the country and you'll find communist shrines in the street!

shmmeee

Plenty of guns in the far right too. They just tend to come after the election ;)

skybluetony176

If I turn the tap on Saturday morning to fill the kettle up and the water is drinkable I’ll be livid. Out means out. I demand the right to drink dirty water. Screw Brussels and their silly little laws.

CCFCSteve

If I turn the tap on Saturday morning to fill the kettle up and the water is drinkable I’ll be livid. Out means out. I demand the right to drink dirty water. Screw Brussels and their silly little laws.

Well, as the country was supposed to collapse if we voted Brexit and then when the result was finally enacted, surely just being alive should suffice ?!!! ;)

shmmeee

Sad to see many people still unable to approach this in an adult way.

'We lost the vote so everyone is a racist'.

Give it a rest.

I mean it’s still a bloody stupid idea supported by mostly grifters and idiots without a single tangible benefit to people’s lives...

Ring Of Steel

Sad to see many people still unable to approach this in an adult way.

'We lost the vote so everyone is a racist'.

Give it a rest.
Nope. The vote was lost because the campaign exploited huge amounts of xenophobic views in people.

If you voted leave then by design or by association you contributed and enabled the rise of right wing politics & the coming out party for closet xenophobes all over the country. And that, unfortunately, is a fact.

Ring Of Steel

Maybe it is, but my point still stands entirely.
Except it doesn’t. And it’s 100% impossible to deny. Brexit = xenophobia.

nobody has yet given one single tangible benefit, because there aren’t any, but loads of people get off on being able to publicly dislike and discriminate non white English.

Grendel

Nope. The vote was lost because the campaign exploited huge amounts of xenophobic views in people.

If you voted leave then by design or by association you contributed and enabled the rise of right wing politics & the coming out party for closet xenophobes all over the country. And that, unfortunately, is a fact.

No as across the right wing federal state of Europe hatred towards ethnic groups and immigrants is far worse - the uk is far more liberal than virtually any country in Europe most are disgusting in racism

Ring Of Steel

No as across the right wing federal state of Europe hatred towards ethnic groups and immigrants is far worse - the uk is far more liberal than virtually any country in Europe most are disgusting in racism
So because you say that because Europe is worse, that logically means there isn’t any racism in England. Righto.

And it’s not the U.K., it’s England.

Bury your head in the sand if you like, you seem the type, but England has a big racism problem, plain for all to see... if you want to.

Grendel

So because you say that because Europe is worse, that logically means there isn’t any racism in England. Righto.

And it’s not the U.K., it’s England.

Bury your head in the sand if you like, you seem the type, but England has a big racism problem, plain for all to see... if you want to.

Yet you boast dual citizenship with another EU country that is more racist

Ring Of Steel

Anyway I’ll leave you with this, which some of you would do very well to read.

You are in denial. You’re never going to experience what non white English people are going through every day, so to you it doesn’t exist. Yet you still feel qualified to pontificate and drone on about how there is no problem, and talk about ‘liberalism’, which has actually been mutated into meaning ‘I will say what I want about those nasty foreign people and you have no right to call me on it’, while up in your ivory towers counting the days until you can crack on with removing people who don’t fit the “required profile”.

The backlash against Meghan and Stormzy shows that Britain is in denial about racism - CNN

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread