The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (20 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

covmark

Can we just reset this, and just say sorry all this bullshit is more hassle than it's worth.
If people had known Brexit was going to drag on for this long and cause this much division to the country, then and I suspect many more people would have voted remain.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

Can we just reset this, and just say sorry all this bullshit is more hassle than it's worth.
If people had known Brexit was going to drag on for this long and cause this much division to the country, then and I suspect many more people would have voted remain.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exactly what Remain stamping their feet are hoping to achieve.

fellatio_Martinez

You got better data?

Also LOL at pulling out the well known and controlled for Shy Tory Effect.

Double LOL for thinking it applies to Brexiters. Who won’t shut up about their voting preference.

Triple LOL at left wing The Guardian questioning incorrect polls.

The mathematics does not lie: why polling got the Australian election wrong | Brian Schmidt

Top comment.

For one reason or another polls have become consistently unreliable in the last decade, its the same old nonsense every time from the pollsters a mad scramble to excuse away their inability to do what is essentially their only job. A polling company that can only explain the numbers after the even is a bit like a weather forecast thats only accurate after youve left the house. They need to admit they are chasing their tails now and in a digital era where many people dont have landlines but get all of their information from Facebook and Twitter thatt they are simply not able to track voter sentiment. Of course convincing a company which makes its living from producing polls that said polls are as reliable a system for picking winners as a Melbourne cup sweeps may not be easily done, let alone the press industry that feeds off them for easy headlines.

Grendel

And as I keep saying, lots of people voted Leave and would prefer Remain to either no deal or CU for example.

no you showed a discredited poll by some Swiss economist with an ambiguous question and even then couldn’t interpret that accurately

You really are bereft of any intellect

fellatio_Martinez

no you showed a discredited poll by some Swiss economist with an ambiguous question and even then couldn’t interpret that accurately

You really are bereft of any intellect

giphy.gif

clint van damme

You are in a small minority then, fair play for accepting the result... as for some people on here the same can't be said

I know a few people who've said the same.
I'm getting tired of it now, there are major issues in this country need addressing and this shit is taking up nearly all of everyone's time.
Johnson should accept the extension, let his WA get proper scrutiny and I think then his deal can go through with a few amendments and we can all move on.
Not ideal for everyone I admit but the uncertainty is starting to have a huge impact.

shmmeee

Triple LOL at left wing The Guardian questioning incorrect polls.

The mathematics does not lie: why polling got the Australian election wrong | Brian Schmidt

Top comment.

It’s not a right or left thing. We know the issues with polls, they aren’t useless but whoever is behind likes to make out they are.

what did the polling say prior to the first referendum?

Can you not read? Leave had a lead for most of the run up. Have a look.

SkyblueBazza

You are in a small minority then, fair play for accepting the result... as for some people on here the same can't be said
Well I am the same...except I just accepted the result as it was at the time. And I have strong belief that going back now would be an even bigger disaster over the next 50yrs than Brexit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Well I am the same...except I just accepted the result as it was at the time. And I have strong belief that going back now would be an even bigger disaster over the next 50yrs than Brexit

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nah. The electorate get ignored all the time and get over it. Ten years time you’ll be hard pushed to find someone who was for it just like Iraq.

I accepted the result, all the way until it became clear that the Brexiters has no intention of an outcome reflective of the result (soft Brexit) and pushed for the right wing hellscape or nothing. Frankly if they’re going to dig in, so am I. A CU Brexit would be shit and stupid, but I’d accept it as the moronic will of the people. This swivel eyed nonsense can get to fuck.

CCFCSteve

And as usual you're making sweeping generalisations and talking shite.
I voted remain but am 100 percent against a 2nd referendum.

Fair play Clint ! Bizarrely I’m almost the opposite. If a second referendum could be held in short order (next month), I’d accept it just to get out of this parliamentary purgatory ! Two tier - in/out and then current deal (as it stands) or no deal. I think similar tight result for first tier (out) and then a stronger majority for deal.

Unfortunately referendums take months so still just hoping a sensible deal gets through then we can just move on

Having said that, what the fuck will we all do without this thread ?!!!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Every time you end up going back to the same soundbites taken straight from the Farage/ right wing media:
"17.4million"
"will of the people"
"leave won. Get over it"
You even still persist with the Remoaner tag. It's almost like a bot from the Daily Mail/Sun
There's never much, if any, detailed discussion or debate. The others on this thread do at least go into some detail as to what they think should happen and why, or why something shouldn't have happened.
I get the impression you're the kind of person that shouts "put your foot through it!", "clear it!" and "forward!" at games. Never looking beyond the initial action as to what it may lead to later on.
My God the remoaners are so, so bitter it's laughable.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Nah. The electorate get ignored all the time and get over it. Ten years time you’ll be hard pushed to find someone who was for it just like Iraq.

I accepted the result, all the way until it became clear that the Brexiters has no intention of an outcome reflective of the result (soft Brexit) and pushed for the right wing hellscape or nothing. Frankly if they’re going to dig in, so am I. A CU Brexit would be shit and stupid, but I’d accept it as the moronic will of the people. This swivel eyed nonsense can get to fuck.
My God you people just won't let it do. It's so sad.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

*wanted

Most data shows new voters are overwhelmingly Remain.
And as I keep saying, lots of people voted Leave and would prefer Remain to either no deal or CU for example.
Why are you so scared of Remain being on the ballot? Don’t you want the will of the people?
Also no deal is suicide, even Boris admits that now. No sane government would risk that. And what deal?
This is the fundamental issue with Brexit: it only has a majority until someone defines it, then support falls away.
Hahaha, you lot are so desparate to point the finger because you can't accept the referendum outcome.

clint van damme

Fair play Clint ! Bizarrely I’m almost the opposite. If a second referendum could be held in short order (next month), I’d accept it just to get out of this parliamentary purgatory ! Two tier - in/out and then current deal (as it stands) or no deal. I think similar tight result for first tier (out) and then a stronger majority for deal.

Unfortunately referendums take months so still just hoping a sensible deal gets through then we can just move on

Having said that, what the fuck will we all do without this thread ?!!!

I honestly think a 2nd referendum would be so devisive it would be worse than no deal.
The original referendum was flawed and the leave option should have had some further choices for those that went down that route though as always hindsight is wonderful.

shmmeee

Hahaha, you lot are so desparate to point the finger because you can't accept the referendum outcome.

Who am I pointing the finger at?

It’s not me that doesn’t accept that the referendum result doesn’t give a clear direction. There’s a majority in Parliament and in public for a compromise Brexit, just not this shit show.

shmmeee

I honestly think a 2nd referendum would be so devisive it would be worse than no deal.
The original referendum was flawed and the leave option should have had some further choices for those that went down that route though as always hindsight is wonderful.

Not half as divisive as another decade of austerity. But what’s a few kids getting stabbed or disabled people killing themselves as long as a few red faced middle aged men aren’t upset (about a specific thing, they’re always upset about something)

clint van damme

Not half as divisive as another decade of austerity. But what’s a few kids getting stabbed or disabled people killing themselves as long as a few red faced middle aged men aren’t upset (about a specific thing, they’re always upset about something)

Which is my point. There are more important issues.
Austerity was nothing to do with the EU or sound economics.
It is a Tory political ideology. But not to worry, Johnson is going on an uncosted spending spree including reinstating the 20,000 lost police and no one is batting an eyelid or asking where the money is coming from.
They're too busy scrutinising everything Dianne Abbott says waiting for her next gaff.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You Sir, are absolutely spot on.

shmmeee

Which is my point. There are more important issues.
Austerity was nothing to do with the EU or sound economics.
It is a Tory political ideology. But not to worry, Johnson is going on an uncosted spending spree including reinstating the 20,000 lost police and no one is batting an eyelid or asking where the money is coming from.
They're too busy scrutinising everything Dianne Abbott says waiting for her next gaff.

The Tories have purged the soft right and are about to remove all worker and environmental protections that have stopped them going full mental the last ten years. We’ve never been in this situation before. The Tories went mental under Thatcher but have been restrained by EU law since then. I dread to think what’s coming if we hand them another ten years untrammelled.

I mean what I say when I think people will very quickly forget about Brexit when the bread and butter not only doesn’t improve but gets significantly worse. We could easily be back to the days of schools and hospitals falling apart, social mobility down the toilet.

Once Brexit is delivered the hard right will ditch Johnson, he’s a wet really. And post election it’ll be swivel eyed loons all the way down. The days of respectable but wrong Tories like Clarke and Hammond will be long gone.

clint van damme

The Tories have purged the soft right and are about to remove all worker and environmental protections that have stopped them going full mental the last ten years. We’ve never been in this situation before. The Tories went mental under Thatcher but have been restrained by EU law since then. I dread to think what’s coming if we hand them another ten years untrammelled.

Which is why Johnson should accept the extension.
No doubt there would be amendments go in to protect workers rights and if he accepts them I think the deal will go through.
Personally, I think 5 years of Johnson is probably neccessary to have any chance of coming out the other side with the kind of government I'd like.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Without banging on about Corbyn's policies, I find him thoroughly boring, rleuctant to speak in the Commons, always reads from his notes and is only in his comfort zone when he's preaching to the converted at an outdoor rally. He's a bloody useless leader and his party will never win with him at the helm.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My God the remoaners are so, so bitter it's laughable.

I'm not aiming it at the leavers such as yourself, or the likes of Astute, Bazza or Steve, even Grendel. It is just aimed at Dom. He just constantly spouts the slogans and buzzwords without providing anything of meaning. The rest of you do and I'm fine with that. It's just the constant "Remoaner" crap and "You lost. Get over it". That isn't debating or discussing - it's Maybot and Strong and Stable, Strong and Stable, Strong and Stable, System malfunction.....

BTW Dom, it's only on this thread. On the football etc I think you're fine and put forward points and explain them.

dutchman

Looks to me as if you're the one getting red-faced and upset about everything.

clint van damme

Without banging on about Corbyn's policies, I find him thoroughly boring, rleuctant to speak in the Commons, always reads from his notes and is only in his comfort zone when he's preaching to the converted at an outdoor rally. He's a bloody useless leader and his party will never win with him at the helm.

I have no problem with Labour dumping Corbyn if they can replace him with a better leader who is politically similar

Problem is, if he goes we'll be back to a centrist Blair clone, and look how that ended

Users who are viewing this thread