The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Tony I don’t disagree with the majority what you’ve said. Economics is just the most often used yardstick and the least subjective so seems the obvious choice to measure the “success” of Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is and I think it’s a deliberate strategy of flattery to deceive and treat people as plebs.

Grendel

Translated:

Big difference is that Paul Merton has actually been a professional improv comic for nearly 40 years. He has done one (not very) stand-up show in over 20 years. Don't recall seeing Paul Telfer competing for the Claret Jug..... does Paul Telfer claim to be more of a professional golfer than a professional footballer (although I'm sure there are some who would be willing to debate which one he was most qualified for)?

I can even give you the date and where he said it: 17 May 2008. Butterworth Hall, Warwick Arts Centre. I remember because it was my birthday.

And I don't believe everything people say. But when people say something about their own lives and the information backs it up considering the work he's done in the comedy genre on stage/radio/TV is dominated by improv based stuff I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt..

Even HIGNFY, which he could to some extent prepare and write stuff for, he doesn't bother. He barely bothers to keep up to date with the news on TV or in the papers even though he's on a topical news quiz. If a joke pops into his head or he sees something funny he'll remember it but he won't try and actively write jokes for the show, which is what a stand up comic does because they like set-ups and punchlines. He just reacts to whats going on.

He’s a stand up stop looking like a twat every day

ccfc92

Labour MP's asking for financial aid for having to go in on Saturday, you couldn't make this shit up.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

He’s a stand up stop looking like a twat every day
You best tell Paul Merton to update his website then. He seems to be under the opinion that he’s a impro comedian not a stand up. I’m sure he’ll appreciate your input helping him see the error of his ways.

Grendel

Eh?

Can’t find anything about anything like this. You sure you haven’t made it up?

Bryant asking for child care allowance

Grendel

skybluetony176

I see that the DUP are palling up with the Brexit Party and the Brexit Party has gone rogue from Aaron Banks who apparently supports the deal. Not sure how much of the latter is game play though, especially with what I’m hearing about the reasoning behind the Letwin amendment being voted on tomorrow also.

shmmeee

I see that the DUP are palling up with the Brexit Party and the Brexit Party has gone rogue from Aaron Banks who apparently supports the deal. Not sure how much of the latter is game play though, especially with what I’m hearing about the reasoning behind the Letwin amendment being voted on tomorrow also.

Go on...

ccfc92

I did look, just not the right words obviously.

I mean, eh, one guy asking if because the normal Parliament childcare is not running would they get cover for private is hardly the scandal you’re making out.

Just seems more like trying to get extra money rather than actually concerned about childcare to me. Just seems a waste of debating time even bringing it up, surely it's something you'd speak to your party leader about?

NorthernWisdom

you're confusing MPs for working people mate!
Maybe so ;)

I dunno though. If I was contracted certain hours and then was asked to alter them, if it inconvenienced me enough I'd be asking how they could help me do what they wanted. Now... in my case the answer would be do it or be sacked ;) but I'm not convinced we need to race to the bottom (to mimic Italia), more want to improve standards for all.,

Grendel

Maybe so ;)

I dunno though. If I was contracted certain hours and then was asked to alter them, if it inconvenienced me enough I'd be asking how they could help me do what they wanted. Now... in my case the answer would be do it or be sacked ;) but I'm not convinced we need to race to the bottom (to mimic Italia), more want to improve standards for all.,

honestly if you really had they attitude you’d get nowhere in life - when I started in marketing in Jaguar on some exceptional occasions I’d stay till midnight and get in again the next morning at 7 - it’s what gets you noticed in the real world

oh and in the real world you don’t claim a season ticket on expenses

NorthernWisdom

honestly if you really had they attitude you’d get nowhere in life - when I started in marketing in Jaguar on some exceptional occasions I’d stay till midnight and get in again the next morning at 7 - it’s what gets you noticed in the real world

oh and in the real world you don’t claim a season ticket on expenses
Don't need to be lectured on long hours, done 120 hour weeks in the past for about three and a half years, but I won't expect that medal, thanks.

Interesting that you wouldn't claim to travel to Solihuill, say, if your main base was Whitley...

Philosorapter

I am sure on my travels around the internet tonight the Guardian are suggesting that there are the numbers for the deal to be passed tomorrow.

If the EU think they are tough at driving deals through they sure are going to have some fun time getting the DUP to support anything which isn't going to cost them both arms and legs.

I think the vote tomorrow will come down to how many Labour MPs are going to vote for the deal tomorrow to tip the balance.

Sick Boy

I am sure on my travels around the internet tonight the Guardian are suggesting that there are the numbers for the deal to be passed tomorrow.

If the EU think they are tough at driving deals through they sure are going to have some fun time getting the DUP to support anything which isn't going to cost them both arms and legs.

I think the vote tomorrow will come down to how many Labour MPs are going to vote for the deal tomorrow to tip the balance.

Why would the EU have to start negotiating deals with the DUP?

Astute

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Interesting read. Seems if anything the Benn Act was what got Boris to compromise and a deal done. All hail arch Leaver Hillary Benn, I guess?
Boris may be a childish twat but he isn't an idiot. You don't get to hold the positions he has by being an idiot.

As he isn't an idiot he will know that having some sort of agreement was very important. He never wanted to leave without a trade deal. Now they are going to talk trade deals if it all goes through. If it doesn't go through he will be seen as not being at fault.

Not bad for someone who many like to make out to be an idiot.

Astute

Isn't working people needing help with childcare for out of hours working a pretty normal thing?
Normally yes. But someone on over 6k a month without expenses?

Help should be available for those who need it and not just want it. I have never had help with childcare costs. My basic wage is below his. But I would never dream of trying to claim it in any way.

Astute

Don't need to be lectured on long hours, done 120 hour weeks in the past for about three and a half years, but I won't expect that medal, thanks.

Interesting that you wouldn't claim to travel to Solihuill, say, if your main base was Whitley...
Wow. That is over 17 hours a day 7 days a week. I have been doing 84 hours a week which is 12 hours a day 7 days a week. That was enough for me. Have knocked it on the head for good. No more OT ever again. There is more to life than living at work and sleeping. Only learned this in the last two weeks.

42 months to retirement and counting :wideyed:

Users who are viewing this thread