The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (105 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Sky Blue

Shall I show you another of his quotes?

Ha nice of you to read my mind and tell me what I think. We could spend some time trawling through your contradictions if you like-how about criticising a politician for doing all he can to get his grubby hands on the keys to No. 10?

CCFCSteve

I know it’s overdone, but the “leaving this club” analogy is spot on.

We voted to leave a shit club, now just cos we’re stood out in the rain doesn’t mean you’ve got a mandate to take us all to Scary Daves House of Pain gay BDSM club.

Not many things on this thread make me laugh but that did !!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Sounds from within the Scottish Tories that they are seriously considering breaking off from the national party. G, you must be so proud of your messiah-he can break 2 unions with 1 stone...

SkyblueBazza

I know it’s overdone, but the “leaving this club” analogy is spot on.

We voted to leave a shit club, now just cos we’re stood out in the rain doesn’t mean you’ve got a mandate to take us all to Scary Daves House of Pain gay BDSM club.

Having been targeted myself for using an apparently inappropriate analogy...are you suggesting members of 'Scary Dave's House of Pain, gay people &/or people into BDSM are some lower value than yourself? Weird? Unpalatable? Bad people???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

I hadn’t realised until just hearing now that once conference season is taken into account we are talking 4-5 days of Parliament sitting which will be missed.

As I said earlier I don’t like the mechanism being used but ultimately this will bring matters to a head once and for all. It could lead to a vote of no confidence and election (or gov of national unity) or bizarrely may well make No Deal less likely.

For all we know (I understand this has been indicated previously) the EU leaders could have told Johnson at the G7 that they don’t believe he would get an amended WA through Parliament in any event, so no point amending.

If Johnson gets through the next few days, and secures any semblance of amendments to the WA from the EU, returns to Parliament they will have a clear decision....the ‘new’ WA or No deal. This might well encourage those politicising the subject to actually make a decision, meaning the ERG (who would likely vote against a WA) may well be outnumbered.

Ps if he’d prorogued parliament covering period over 31 Oct it would have been outrageous

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Having been targeted myself for using an apparently inappropriate analogy...are you suggesting members of 'Scary Dave's House of Pain, gay people &/or people into BDSM are some lower value than yourself? Weird? Unpalatable? Bad people???

Nah, just you.

SkyblueBazza

Imagine if Corbyn offered a consignment of pork pies to get a deal with Venezuela
To be honest...that is a better offer than his own version of a 'power-grab' he accuses Bojo of.

He has been quite explicit in offering to work with others (even the LibDems he previously vilified & the SNP whose sole aim is to break The Union anyway) to stop Brexit through a no confidence vote with him heading up an interim gov't. If that isn't a power-grab on an issue he doesn't convince anyone he is positive about (i.e. remaining in the EU - because that is where he is heading...the deal offered isn't acceptable, the EU will not shift = we remain) then I don't know what is.

skybluetony176

I see Gina Miller is starting a legal process to stop Boris.

Isn’t this how May’s reign started? Tried to bypass parliamentary sovereignty to meet Gina Miller in court?

Can’t see Gina Miller getting anywhere this time though but who knows.

Sick Boy

So could not getting Brexit done by 31 Oct (as it will see a continued rise of the brexit party). As I mentioned above I think there is more to this decision than first appears
And if the WA goes through he would likely get brought down at a GE and there’s no guarantee it’d even get through parliament

CCFCSteve

And if the WA goes through he would likely get brought down at a GE and there’s no guarantee it’d even get through parliament

See my post above about the current actions possibly helping it get through Parliament.

Why would he get brought down at next GE ? Most in the country just want this over and done with. If he delivers Brexit then he has more chance of remaining in power.

Brighton Sky Blue

To be honest...that is a better offer than his own version of a 'power-grab' he accuses Bojo of.

He has been quite explicit in offering to work with others (even the LibDems he previously vilified & the SNP whose sole aim is to break The Union anyway) to stop Brexit through a no confidence vote with him heading up an interim gov't. If that isn't a power-grab on an issue he doesn't convince anyone he is positive about (i.e. remaining in the EU - because that is where he is heading...the deal offered isn't acceptable, the EU will not shift = we remain) then I don't know what is.

To be honest....nothing Corbyn does would be enough for some people. Even as Johnson flouts Parliament to rush his nonsense and offers pork pie to a man who wants to nuke hurricanes you still can’t quote bring yourself to admit his faults.

Sick Boy

See my post above about the current actions possibly helping it get through Parliament.

Why would he get brought down at next GE ? Most in the country just want this over and done with. If he delivers Brexit then he has more chance of remaining in power.

Because he’s going to have the likes of Farage after him attempting to go back on it and disrupt it all.

For them it’s no longer about delivering Brexit but a no deal Brexit.

CCFCSteve

Because he’s going to have the likes of Farage after him attempting to go back on it and disrupt it all.

For them it’s no longer about delivering Brexit but a no deal Brexit.

Whilst Farage won’t go away if Johnsons already delivered brexit, the Brexit party support will drop significantly (most normal people just want a sensible deal).

If he hasn't by the time of the next GE, he’s done

SkyblueBazza

To be honest....nothing Corbyn does would be enough for some people. Even as Johnson flouts Parliament to rush his nonsense and offers pork pie to a man who wants to nuke hurricanes you still can’t quote bring yourself to admit his faults.

You just choose to ignore some of my posts then.

For one I said during the 'post-box' situation that he had eliminated himself from any future leadership as he was out of step with the majority of society (at least that was my perception), but he is in step with many in society who take the stance that we voted out. Not out with a deal, not out without a deal...just out.

So, check back & aplenty will be found about my view of Bojo...but he appears to be the most determined to deliver Brexit. Brexit is what the public voted for in the referendum & our Parliament voted for by invoking article 50.

oakey

It's like the teachers going on teacher training the day school restarts after 6 weeks off. Only rather than a day it's 3 fucking weeks and you're halfway through the first term.
No, it isn't because the 5 teacher training days are holidays for the kids. They were taken off the teachers not the kids. The kids have the same number of holidays they had before these training days were introduced in the 1980s.
FYI the only difference is that school leaders (not the teachers) can decide when to have these 5 days which they couldn't before.

Astute

Anything bad will be blamed on other people, whether it be remainers, MPs, non believers in the power of positive thinking and the EU will be blamed for quite some time yet.
Then you have those who defend the EU whatever they do. Even when they break rules, regulations and even the law. Then when caught out they just carry on as usual.

Now we have BJ that has done something wrong. But it is lawful and within the rules and regulations. These same people are now in uproar. Then you wonder why I am pissed off with the way some people push remain.

Sick Boy

Then you have those who defend the EU whatever they do. Even when they break rules, regulations and even the law. Then when caught out they just carry on as usual.

Now we have BJ that has done something wrong. But it is lawful and within the rules and regulations. These same people are now in uproar. Then you wonder why I am pissed off with the way some people push remain.

And then we have those who voted leave and who defend it no matter what, even when the campaign was proven to have broken the law.

You’ve always been strangely quiet on that and have ignored it, you seem to only go on about the EU and remain voters.

It makes a mockery of your claim to look at it from both sides because you’re so inconsistent.

And now you’re even trying to justify what Johnson is doing, if it was the EU you’d probably explode. What he’s doing will set a very, very dangerous precedent for the future.

Astute

Imagine if Johnson is doing this to force through a repackaged May deal in the long-term.
Imagine?

Most probably what he is up to. But on better terms. We all know that there will be a deal in the short to medium term. The EU told us what we were allowed to have. May said yes please. Nearly everyone else said no. So to get it through it must be better. But if you start negotiating with what you want you will get much less. So BJ has to make it look as though he is happy to take us out of the EU without a trade deal. This is the only way they will negotiate with us.

And as you know I called it as a last minute deal ages ago.

Sick Boy

Imagine?

Most probably what he is up to. But on better terms. We all know that there will be a deal in the short to medium term. The EU told us what we were allowed to have. May said yes please. Nearly everyone else said no. So to get it through it must be better. But if you start negotiating with what you want you will get much less. So BJ has to make it look as though he is happy to take us out of the EU without a trade deal. This is the only way they will negotiate with us.

And even further ago you also claimed that the UK held all the cards and was in a very strong position.

Improved terms? Really?

He isn’t going to get better terms.

It’s going to be May’s deal but it’ll be repackaged and ultimately the same, the one you said that no one wanted.

djr8369

And what point is that?

Not sure why you need it spelling out for you again but that “leave” and “remain” on the ballot paper does not justify no deal.

I’ve a lot of sympathy with leavers, I’d feel really frustrated if I’d voted leave and it hadn’t happened.

However, firstly there is no mandate for no deal, zero, none at all. Secondly the leave campaign broke the law, used illegally obtained data, drastically overspent and coordinated different campaign groups. The vote has zero legitimacy. Until the country starts to accept this we will never move on. The fundamental issue with Brexit all along has been a reluctance to be honest with leavers. Honesty about what can be achieved with Brexit as well as honesty about the vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Imagine?

It’s possible but it doesn’t seem congruent with other actions so I’m not convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

What are you on about? Do you have any proof whatsoever for this weird rant against “some people” (47% of the country by that snap poll)?

It’s this kind of paranoid thinking that is the hallmark of the leave side and it’s not healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread