The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (9 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

Nonsense, there’s no appetite in Ireland to roll over for the UK.

Then he and the countries population will accept the consequences

Grendel

He once wrote an essay in favour of staying in the EU until he calculated a better route to No 10

Well we could look at the biggest u turn in history on Europe if we wish

Grendel

Is this really what it’s come to now?

Well frankly you can’t have it all ways can you.

If the uk makes an offer to temporarily preserve a backstop - which I think they will try and do - and this is rejected then that is a collective decision by people who will understand and acknowledge the consequence of it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well frankly you can’t have it all ways can you.

If the uk makes an offer to temporarily preserve a backstop - which I think they will try and do - and this is rejected then that is a collective decision by people who will understand and acknowledge the consequence of it.

I was more referring to thinly veiled threats against the Irish people

Grendel

I was more referring to thinly veiled threats against the Irish people

Well some posters on here seem to believe that we should ignore the majority on the basis of a comeback for Gerry Adams and his IRA (not that it’s ever actually gone away)

There are no threats are there it’s economic reality that the republic will almost certainly be the economically hardest hit of the Eu countries

I’m sure Brussels will offer a helping hand

Brighton Sky Blue

Well some posters on here seem to believe that we should ignore the majority on the basis of a comeback for Gerry Adams and his IRA (not that it’s ever actually gone away)

There are no threats are there it’s economic reality that the republic will almost certainly be the economically hardest hit of the Eu countries

I’m sure Brussels will offer a helping hand

I don’t see why other countries should pay for this country’s stupidity. It isn’t Ireland’s problem to fix

Grendel

I don’t see why other countries should pay for this country’s stupidity. It isn’t Ireland’s problem to fix

Then they willingly accept the consequences of the action and clearly cannot complain afterwards

Brighton Sky Blue

Then they willingly accept the consequences of the action and clearly cannot complain afterwards

Who initiated a referendum with no plan for a Leave vote-us

Who voted to leave-us

Who triggered Article 50 thereby forcing us into a deadline-us

Your attempts to square the circle and blame Ireland for this going balls up are worse than the clown you entrust with this process

Grendel

Who voted to leave-us

Your attempts to square the circle and blame Ireland for this going balls up are worse than the clown you entrust with this process

No one is blaming anyone but commercially your stance is idiotic

You are basically saying on the one hand if say Tata moved the whole of JLR out of the UK you would shrug your shoulders and blame the Indians yet on a football thread you think financial irresponsibility should be protected and even rewarded

It’s a very confused argument

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not everything either side was true, nor was everything bollocks. Said that ad-nausea so there is nothing to 'admit' on my part.
Everyone is stating an opinion about their own perceived realistic outcome. Not every opinion is negative. Some of the most frequent remain obsessed are actually just negative in virtually every post. Nobody in Gov't really knows how this will allow out - why would any of us have a better understanding?
You only know about what preparations 'those very rich are making that have been speculated or reported in the media. If they are - so what? Some people have been stocking up on certain produce they believe will be in short supply post Brexit. Criticising them too???

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

There most certainly was disinformation and alarmism from both sides - remain talking of economic collapse, leave that it'd create some utopia. You're right that we don't know how it will play out but when you look at the govt bodies in charge of predicting it the negative aspects they say may happen seem a great deal more alarming and damaging than the benefits they're predicting. There are times when it feels like they're having to release something, anything, positive about Brexit just so it doesn't seem completely negative.

Yes those people that are stockpiling are most likely being quite alarmist (although if you're on life saving drugs that have been marked as potentially having supply problems post-Brexit you can kind of understand their caution approach) and for many of them it may well be down to media coverage, but this is in no way the same as the uber-rich funnelling hundreds of millions out of the UK. This is especially galling when the likes of hard-Brexiteers like Banks and JRM are doing it when according to them the UK will be an amazing place to invest and do business in post-Brexit. You may argue it's economic prudence to do so, and that's fair enough, but if you've spent that long advocating how great Brexit is then have the courage of your convictions and put your money where you mouth is.

The only reasons to do so are :
a) they expect a downturn post Brexit and are positioning themselves to take advantage of it
b) it's because they're actually not so sure of the benefits as they make out?

JRM, the most ardent of Brexiteers, has said the benefits of Brexit, if any, may not be felt for 50 years (and given how quickly the modern world changes a 50 year economic forecast is worthless anyway) - shame he didn't mention that prior to the vote eh? But when you've got a vast family fortune and access to worldwide markets you can afford to wait. When you're living hand to mouth or only with a few months leeway before problems occur it's a bit more of a pressing issue.

Sick Boy

Who voted to leave-us

It’s just another example of taking no responsibility whatsoever for our own actions.

Brighton Sky Blue

No one is blaming anyone but commercially your stance is idiotic

You are basically saying on the one hand if say Tata moved the whole of JLR out of the UK you would shrug your shoulders and blame the Indians yet on a football thread you think financial irresponsibility should be protected and even rewarded

It’s a very confused argument

Your comprehension skills make Astute look...astute. I argue against clubs being allowed to gamble in the first place in the same way I argue against blaming Europe for a British-made problem

Grendel

It’s just another example of taking no responsibility whatsoever for our own actions.

Well it isn’t as we are talking about the impact on Eire which is nothing to do with us

Grendel

Your comprehension skills make Astute look...astute. I argue against clubs being allowed to gamble in the first place in the same way I argue against blaming Europe for a British-made problem

No you are saying the implications of owners decisions impact fans and shock horror the people need considering

Now you are going on about blaming Europe. Well I certainly blame Europe for the basket case economies created through Southern Europe so the fat get fatter

Here it’s the impact on a member state of us exiting through a democratic process. We cannot consider that impact - the member state has to and if it refuses to acknowledge its impact and do nothing about it that’s their choice

Grendel

You’ve already tried to blame the EU for rejecting the technological solution when the UK doesn’t have one that would be ready in time.

But again the Eu are claiming to wish to protect the GFA (as if) if we say work with us and they refuse they accept the consequences

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s always the fault of someone else, even in a decade it’ll be the fault of the EU and the collaborating traitor remainers.

Corbyn is simultaneously a traitor to both Leave and Remain sides

May was a traitor for not getting 2.5 million unicorns out of Brussels

Farage on his own polls at 30% by offering no policies

The idiots deserve what they get but we will all pay the price

Sick Boy

But again the Eu are claiming to wish to protect the GFA (as if) if we say work with us and they refuse they accept the consequences

As will the UK, especially as it’s actions could jeopardise the GFA. What with the Uk on what? It’s not come up with a viable technological solution.

Grendel

As will the UK, especially as it’s actions could jeopardise the GFA. What with the Uk on what? It’s not come up with a viable technological solution.

The parties can agree to work to create one and mutually fund it as its in both parties interests

If the uk offer this and the EU refuse then what more can the UK do?

I can assure you if the UK has started 3 years ago with this attitude we’d be in a different place now. Europe knew May and Hammond were slurping in the EU trough and they just stage managed discussions. This approach is a far more normal way to conduct business

Brighton Sky Blue

No you are saying the implications of owners decisions impact fans and shock horror the people need considering

Now you are going on about blaming Europe. Well I certainly blame Europe for the basket case economies created through Southern Europe so the fat get fatter

Here it’s the impact on a member state of us exiting through a democratic process. We cannot consider that impact - the member state has to and if it refuses to acknowledge its impact and do nothing about it that’s their choice

Wrong I criticise the systemic attitudes to overspending which create these problems. Just as I criticise those in Britain who look everywhere except at home for the challenges and shortcomings the country faces. Did the EU force us to implement austerity for a decade?

Simultaneously Britain is better than everyone else but it can’t possibly find ways of making social democratic policies work. The UK wants out-it is incumbent on the UK to make that decision work. Let’s not forget this should have been the ‘easiest negotiation of all time’

Grendel

Wrong I criticise the systemic attitudes to overspending which create these problems. Just as I criticise those in Britain who look everywhere except at home for the challenges and shortcomings the country faces. Did the EU force us to implement austerity for a decade?

Simultaneously Britain is better than everyone else but it can’t possibly find ways of making social democratic policies work. The UK wants out-it is incumbent on the UK to make that decision work. Let’s not forget this should have been the ‘easiest negotiation of all time’

Well the Eu certainly forced austerity on many of its members which oddly you are not bothered about

As for austerity for 10 years it’s a fallacy 90% of the country sail through economic crises with not even a blip in their lifestyle. Go to Athens and see Eu austerity in action

Brighton Sky Blue

The parties can agree to work to create one and mutually fund it as its in both parties interests

If the uk offer this and the EU refuse then what more can the UK do?

I can assure you if the UK has started 3 years ago with this attitude we’d be in a different place now. Europe knew May and Hammond were slurping in the EU trough and they just stage managed discussions. This approach is a far more normal way to conduct business

The EU has already worked with the UK to agree a deal.

Brighton Sky Blue

Well the Eu certainly forced austerity on many of its members which oddly you are not bothered about

As for austerity for 10 years it’s a fallacy 90% of the country sail through economic crises with not even a blip in their lifestyle. Go to Athens and see Eu austerity in action

It’s a fallacy that sees me get a pay freeze for years and insufficient resources to do my job. Is it really a shock that violent crime spikes coincide with a decade of cuts to the police?Apply that across the public sector and you understand the problem.

You also seem to think that opposing Brexit is tantamount to believing the EU is perfect. Allowing the Greeks to overspend to absurdity is where the problems started

Grendel

And you call others thick-have a look at yourself

The astonishing revelation a leave without s deal option was never even mentioned let alone be the primary negotiating stance of the UK at the very beginning shows May was just a dribbling euriphile working with the Eu to create a leave but no leave option

Users who are viewing this thread