The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brighton Sky Blue

But if the £ soars it will be bad for our exports. We don't want that to happen. But the EU does.....

But at least our holidays would become cheaper...

We have carried a trade deficit for a long time...

martcov

But if the £ soars it will be bad for our exports. We don't want that to happen. But the EU does.....

Our exports include parts for manufacturing from the EU. Why would the EU want to stop that? Are you seriously claiming that the EU is deliberately controlling our exchange rate?

martcov

So you don't have a clue then. Yet you still try to argue the point.

Any stimulus is a waste of time with dodgy foundations. This is why it won't work for Italy or many other countries in the Euro. Just look at the amount of money being pumped into their economies. That is why we were lucky not to have been pushed into the Euro. Even those who campaigned for us to join the Euro eventually admitted it was a very good move to stay out of it. Otherwise we would be struggling badly without the ability to have a floating currency to how we are doing. This is how the world markets work. Even Mart won't try to deny this. But you will. This shows your lack of understanding on the matter.

This is why I say it could go badly for a few years if we crash out of the EU without a trade deal. But our currency would then go to a level where we would be able to do well again. Holidays would be expensive. But our goods would become very cheap. So there wouldn't be much of a drop. This is why it is false news to say a bad hit would last generations. If it comes from those who are knowledgeable on the subject they are coming out with lies. This is why Carney had to change his tune.

If our currency drops again, imports, including materials for manufacturing will become more expensive, as will food imports which will reduce spending power on other goods and services. At some point things will pick up, but that is also dependent on how long it takes to adjust, and whether we still have manufacturing expertise at the end of this period. What effect trade deals with countries like the USA have?

martcov

Being financially tied to how Germany is doing screws them more than anything. And you k ow this. But it helps Germany more than anything else so you are happy with this.

Making promises based on populistisch ideas has worsened the situation not improved it.

skybluetony176

Factless assumptions?

You are using words instead of facts. We now have record employment. How many countries in the EU can say this? Countries throughout the EU are struggling. Even Germany only just missed being in recession by 0.1%. If we were fully dependent on the EU we would also be in the shite.

You like to mention exchange rates because the £ has devalued. But what you refuse to admit or you don't understand is this is good news for many. This is why most countries in the Euro are struggling and will continue to struggle. They are tied to the strength of Germany. They desperately need to devalue.

In fact I have tried to educate you on the matter countless times before. So not going further on the subject yet again. You must understand by now. We don't want a strong £. It is good for going on holiday but it makes our goods very expensive.

You make out that it is bad that the £ has fallen. But that is the market value of it all going wrong. We are priced at that now. That is why we get a sudden movement whenever we get what some call good news. But our goods are much cheaper so we can sell more.

Yes. Factless assumption. The assumption was that Carney never used any of his £250B war chest. The fact is he’s used £120B on one stimulus package alone. So yes. A factless assumption.

The rest of your post wasn’t even what was being discussed so is just waffling bollocks being used as a distraction.

skybluetony176

So you don't have a clue then. Yet you still try to argue the point.

Any stimulus is a waste of time with dodgy foundations. This is why it won't work for Italy or many other countries in the Euro. Just look at the amount of money being pumped into their economies. That is why we were lucky not to have been pushed into the Euro. Even those who campaigned for us to join the Euro eventually admitted it was a very good move to stay out of it. Otherwise we would be struggling badly without the ability to have a floating currency to how we are doing. This is how the world markets work. Even Mart won't try to deny this. But you will. This shows your lack of understanding on the matter.

This is why I say it could go badly for a few years if we crash out of the EU without a trade deal. But our currency would then go to a level where we would be able to do well again. Holidays would be expensive. But our goods would become very cheap. So there wouldn't be much of a drop. This is why it is false news to say a bad hit would last generations. If it comes from those who are knowledgeable on the subject they are coming out with lies. This is why Carney had to change his tune.

More waffling bollocks. I have a basic understanding that Carney has used his war chest. Unlike some.

skybluetony176

A) we’re nett importers.

B) things like metals and oils are traded in dollars so raw material costs went up overnight. I work in the manufacturing industry and the goods we make are heavily reliant on the price of copper. By the end of the 2016 we were paying 20% more for components containing copper than we were pre referendum. The window of benefit for our exports from a devalued pound was about six weeks as we had to increase our prices to reflect increased costs due to the falling pound. I would suspect that if you were a manufacturer that operated a JIT purchasing system the window was even narrower.

Astute

Brexit Party - manifesto comes after the vote and the party is constituted on the Führerprinzip. No one in a position to challenge the leader.

Nigel Farage has near-total control of Brexit party, constitution suggests

And people will vote for it. :-(
You are OK with Selmayr having a big position in the EU that he can't be removed from yet you are not OK with Farage having the same in a party he started up?

Remind me Mart. Was it Selmayr or Farage who got the position because of laws, rules and regulations being broke? And you even said yourself it would be best if Selmayr lost his position. Only 0.2% votes for Selmayr to keep his position. But he still has it.

Sick Boy

You are OK with Selmayr having a big position in the EU that he can't be removed from yet you are not OK with Farage having the same in a party he started up?

Remind me Mart. Was it Selmayr or Farage who got the position because of laws, rules and regulations being broke? And you even said yourself it would be best if Selmayr lost his position. Only 0.2% votes for Selmayr to keep his position. But he still has it.

You’ve just claimed that Mart is okay with Selmayr and then gone on to say that he said it would be best if he “lost his position”. So your post doesn’t really make much sense.

Astute

You’ve just claimed that Mart is okay with Selmayr and then gone on to say that he said it would be best if he “lost his position”. So your post doesn’t really make much sense.
Doesn't it?

The only reason was so that the EU would look transparent. But once he noticed it wouldn't happen he defended him again.

But you know this.

martcov

No comparison. A dictatorship in a political party likely to win the British part of the EU elections, against a dispute into the appointment of a top civil servant who cannot legislate.

The Selmayr dispute has been postponed until after the EU elections as no one knows who he will be answerable to after October. Pointless changing the head of the civil service today, and then again tomorrow. Wait and see.

martcov

Doesn't it?

The only reason was so that the EU would look transparent. But once he noticed it wouldn't happen he defended him again.

But you know this.

I have never defended him or his appointment. I have just quoted the facts in the 2 ombudsman reports. I still am sticking to the facts. One of which is that Selmayr is an employee and you cannot just sack him without a legal reason. The only people who could do that ( sack him ) are his employers. The EC. They are waiting until a new President of the EC is appointed after the elections.

martcov

Nothing unusual there. I said he should resign in the interests of transparency. He didn’t and he won’t be removed until after the elections. If at all.

martcov

Doesn't it?

But you know this.

Apropos transparency...... are you going to vote for a party led by a dictator who won’t disclose his party manifesto until after he has won the election? The only named policy is to reduce our home market from 500 m to 65m. That’s it. The rest comes later. Why? What are the policies that he doesn’t want to tell you about? Stinks.

Grendel

Apropos transparency...... are you going to vote for a party led by a dictator who won’t disclose his party manifesto until after he has won the election? The only named policy is to reduce our home market from 500 m to 65m. That’s it. The rest comes later. Why? What are the policies that he doesn’t want to tell you about? Stinks.

The reality is as this is known and people do vote for him that’s democracy as it’s what the people who vote for him want.

I’m voting for him. I wish Screaming lord Such was still alive however as I’d have voted for him and his other members such as Tarquin Fumblewit Biscuit Barrel and genuinely would have helped fund them as their presence in Brussels with their silly clothes and hats and shouting looney every 5 minutes would be a fitting addition to the Brussels asylum

martcov

The reality is as this is known and people do vote for him that’s democracy as it’s what the people who vote for him want.

I’m voting for him. I wish Screaming lord Such was still alive however as I’d have voted for him and his other members such as Tarquin Fumblewit Biscuit Barrel and genuinely would have helped fund them as their presence in Brussels with their silly clothes and hats and shouting looney every 5 minutes would be a fitting addition to the Brussels asylum

I can imagine this conversation in the early 30s. Didn’t end well then.

Just out of interest, have you ever followed a debate in the EU parliament? I mean apart from the Farage clips?

Didn’t you criticise Tony a million times for taking a similar view and voting for Farage when he was leader of UKIP?

Grendel

I can imagine this conversation in the early 30s. Didn’t end well then.

Just out of interest, have you ever followed a debate in the EU parliament? I mean apart from the Farage clips?

Didn’t you criticise Tony a million times for taking a similar view and voting for Farage when he was leader of UKIP?

I like 70% of the uk population have zero interest in the Eu as we don’t vote in the elections

The early 30’s comment is more relevant to the nazis trying to stop democracy and leaving the reich

martcov

I like 70% of the uk population have zero interest in the Eu as we don’t vote in the elections

The early 30’s comment is more relevant to the nazis trying to stop democracy and leaving the reich

I agree, but think 70% is too little. Which is why we should not have had a referendum. Leaving will, according to virtually all experts, cost us dearly in economic terms. 37% of voters made a conscious effort to vote us out of something the majority know little about and are not really interested in. A mad situation which is to the detriment of the UK.

Grendel

I agree, but think 70% is too little. Which is why we should not have had a referendum. Leaving will, according to virtually all experts, cost us dearly in economic terms. 37% of voters made a conscious effort to vote us out of something the majority know little about and are not really interested in. A mad situation which is to the detriment of the UK.

And the Eu elections will show that. The lib dems will storm through

martcov

The Nazis used the Führerprinzip not democracy. Similar to the Brexit Party. The leader decides and it is almost impossible to remove him.

The Nazis left international organisations and treaties. Sharing sovereignty in an international organisation was against their nationalistic agenda. Which is why they left the League of Nations.

What is the one known policy of the Brexit Party? To leave an international organisation?

All been done before through a populist leader.

Grendel

The Nazis used the Führerprinzip not democracy. Similar to the Brexit Party. The leader decides and it is almost impossible to remove him.

The Nazis left international organisations and treaties. Sharing sovereignty in an international organisation was against their nationalistic agenda. Which is why they left the League of Nations.

What is the one known policy of the Brexit Party? To leave an international organisation?

All been done before through a populist leader.

So Hungary say as a desire to leave the USSR was wrong? Wow

Grendel

Nah. Put an anti Islam slogan and anti EU ribbon on your dog and it will walk it. Enough people out there who cannot think for themselves.

Or think the way the reich wants them to think

Grendel

The USSR was an Empire continued from the Tsarist Empire. Not an international organisation in the sense that you joined it voluntarily.

Well it wasn’t actually but it’s interesting you find that anyone who wants to leave a federal states of Europe controlled through a federal bank which is controlled by Germany to be a nazi policy

Is Greenland a nazi state?

Users who are viewing this thread