The doom and gloom. (3 Viewers)

RFC

This may be true but the implication is you prefer playing at Northampton. That is an absurd preference.

The atmosphere at Sixfields is not dissimilar to Highfield Road before they began to redevelop it and I've never said that Northampton was better or more convenient than playing at the Ricoh but it's never really felt like home.

I wonder WHY?

Well I know but it's for you to work-out!

Our rent was £1:28 MILLION and CCC refused to renegotiate but after the Club called their bluff they now allow LCFC & WBAFC to play their development games (Under 21's) at the Ricoh for £1750 per game! That's how much they want CCFC there IMHO!

martcov

The atmosphere at Sixfields is not dissimilar to Highfield Road before they began to redevelop it and I've never said that Northampton was better or more convenient than playing at the Ricoh but it's never really felt like home.

I wonder WHY?

Our rent was £1:28 MILLION and CCC refused to renegotiate but after the Club called their bluff they now allow LCFC & WBAFC to play their development games (Under 21's) at the Ricoh for £1750 per game! That's how much they want CCFC there IMHO!

The atmosphere at Sixfields is not like at Highfield Road. The rent that SISU accepted has nothing to do with feeling at home. PUSB! Now go jump in a lake....

skybluetony176

I wonder WHY?

Did you only ever go to reserve games at HR?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I wonder WHY?

I just cannot understand your mentality or any others either who support what SISU have done.

For the record, I much prefer Ricoh Arena to Highfield road. It's one of the 10-15 best stadiums in the country. The whole Ricoh Arena project had not been a success so far but one day it will and more than hopefully SISU are not any part of it whatsoever.

georgehudson

the owners, whoever they are are being duped by the arvo conglomerate,
if justice prevails we will see many brought to task,
FISHER GO,
WAGGOT GO,
SEPPALA SHOW YOURSELF, YOUR TENURE HAS BEEN A DISASTER,
BOTH FOR YOUR INVESTORS,
& MORE IMPORTANTLY COVENTRY CITY

mighty quinn

Unfortunately even if we're back at the Ricoh I can't see regular attendances of more than 10,000 to 12,000 and if that's the case it's totally soulless with little or no atmosphere with the capacity of 32,500!!!!!!!!!!

And sixfeilds is ?

mds

Unfortunately even if we're back at the Ricoh I can't see regular attendances of more than 10,000 to 12,000 and if that's the case it's totally soulless with little or no atmosphere with the capacity of 32,500!!!!!!!!!!
This team, with the style and performace of the first half of this season would have gotten 20k plus every week at the Ricoh, that might have tailed off as the second half of the season slowed down, with a 500k catchment area, the support is in and around the City for the City to be playing in the City not in the backwoods 35 miles away!

mds

Lol, ok, you know what i meant!

Just to add, you dont think there would have been the interest? We really were playing poorly and not scoring or winning regulary, and there would of been no local support at all, like a winning team dosnt drag in larger crowds. Playing poorly and winning nothing we could average 10-12k at the Ricoh, but playing well and winning we couldnt get another 5-10k in?

Last edited:

ollyservetta

Doom and gloom ,too right its doom n gloom ,3 out the bottom four could end up above us ,one with a game in hand over us and none of the 3 play each other .,If we get nowt at oldam and results go right for those teams ,im afraid that its out of our hands as I cant see us getting anything out of our last 2 games .And the 10 points has got nowt to do with it and hasn't since before xmas.we had long before turned that around and have not performed since.In fairness our last to wins were in awful games that could have gone eitherway .Thers no other way to describe our situation but doom and gloom

Astute

I wonder WHY?

Do you mean the days when we would get up to 50,000 crammed into HR?

Your posts are becoming a joke. In fact some of them always have been. Great atmosphere? My nearest club to where I live is non league. They can get better crowds, charge much more money than we do in Northampton and make much more noise. If you want to go to games in Northampton just go. But there is no need to bullshit us on the experience. A lot of us remember HR well. I remember the days when football violence took hold. 8,000 crowds were not unusual. But the place would be rocking at times.

Have you not realised that you are not the only one that goes? I put the fact of no atmosphere being down to nobody wanting to be there. Already on a downer before they get there. But you try to make out differently.

italiahorse

Agree. I've never been a big fan of the Ricoh but it is still a zillion times better than sixfields.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

We need to get winning at the Ricoh to get an atmospere.
Full, winning and Premier League would be interesting !!

johnwillomagic

Don't think any of our games are must wins to be honest - if we get a point out of one of them to reach 50 points think we will be fine.
Hoping we can scrape a terrible 0-0 at Oldham on Monday. Sadly I think this is the best we are going to get from remaining fixtures the way we are playing!!

J

Jack Griffin

I have watched reserve games at Highfield Road that attracted 5 times the attendance of the cabbage patch.

Yeah, I went to some well attended reserve games in the 70's, particularly remember one where Willie Carr was returning from injury which had a fairly big crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread