The doom and gloom. (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

The doom and gloom is once again palpable on here.

We will be fine. Next season starting without a points deduction and hopefully keeping the nucleus of our better players plus one or two wise additions and youngsters coming through will serve us well.

Pressley has done well. The Clarke going scenario and the injury to Wilson did affect the team as a whole and the style we played. Tough to take and adjust to.
Exactly why we have been less than mediocre since, is a slight mystery but when I look at the team sheet and don't recognise half of them from the first half of the season then I'm not too surprised.

I hope for negotiations to bring the club back to the Ricoh happen in the close season. It is simply unsustainable to carry on as we are currently. If not I really fear for the very existence of our football club. Playing back in front of 10k or even 15k, 20k will be a lift to everyone. You can't ride it out 35 miles away and expect to survive for too long.

Astute

Here you are looking on the bright side yet it still doesn't look bright for next season.

Good job you wasn't putting a negative slant on it.

Sky Blue Harry H

The doom and gloom is once again palpable on here.

We will be fine. Next season starting without a points deduction and hopefully keeping the nucleus of our better players plus one or two wise additions and youngsters coming through will serve us well.

Pressley has done well. The Clarke going scenario and the injury to Wilson did affect the team as a whole and the style we played. Tough to take and adjust to.
Exactly why we have been less than mediocre since, is a slight mystery but when I look at the team sheet and don't recognise half of them from the first half of the season then I'm not too surprised.

I hope for negotiations to bring the club back to the Ricoh happen in the close season. It is simply unsustainable to carry on as we are currently. If not I really fear for the very existence of our football club. Playing back in front of 10k or even 15k, 20k will be a lift to everyone. You can't ride it out 35 miles away and expect to survive for too long.

You started out positively mate in the first half of your statement, but then fell away badly in the second half. Now why does that feel so familiar?:D:thinking about:

RFC

You started out positively mate in the first half of your statement, but then fell away badly in the second half. Now why does that feel so familiar?:D:thinking about:

Unfortunately even if we're back at the Ricoh I can't see regular attendances of more than 10,000 to 12,000 and if that's the case it's totally soulless with little or no atmosphere with the capacity of 32,500!!!!!!!!!!

Sky Blue Harry H

You just depressed me further :(

images
Cheer up Bal - this is what Hector looks like, when TF doesn't leave him any scraps !!

Hobo

More sweating to do yet.

letsallsingtogether

Apparently so are the players playing at sixfields that place will take us down next season.

Need to get out and get out now so we all have something more normal to look forward to next season and just argue about who had a good game and who didn't......
You just depressed me further :(

letsallsingtogether

So how was the atmosphere at your beloved Sixfields today 15 Swindon fans left after 20 mins 1-0 in the lead and went to the pub they returned 10 minutes from the end and joined us on the hill they said it was absolutely awful.
One did get arrested as he tried to start fighting with us hillers luckily there was a large police presence today.
Unfortunately even if we're back at the Ricoh I can't see regular attendances of more than 10,000 to 12,000 and if that's the case it's totally soulless with little or no atmosphere with the capacity of 32,500!!!!!!!!!!

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

So Steven is a liar then is he well you've changed! As for the atmosphere in "the library" well what can be said about that? The sixty odd on the hill at least chanted and tried to get behind the team the echo in the ground was very good. If we do go back to the "souless" Ricoh that you and the others hate presumably we wont be hearing from you lot again. Mind you,you could always stand on the site of the old Rowleys Club chanting we wanna go home its too loud in there.

skybluetony176

Unfortunately even if we're back at tthe Ricoh I can't see regular attendances of more than 10,000 to 12,000 and if that's the case it's totally soulless with little or no atmosphere with the capacity of 32,500!!!!!!!!!!

It will put the club on a better financial footing though and that's more than you can say about suxfields

Grendel

This may be true but the implication is you prefer playing at Northampton. That is an absurd preference.

stupot07

So Steven is a liar then is he well you've changed! As for the atmosphere in "the library" well what can be said about that? The sixty odd on the hill at least chanted and tried to get behind the team the echo in the ground was very good. If we do go back to the "souless" Ricoh that you and the others hate presumably we wont be hearing from you lot again. Mind you,you could always stand on the site of the old Rowleys Club chanting we wanna go home its too loud in there.

Was it kids for £1 on the hill too? Did well to attract a bumper crowd ;)

torchomatic

You're always at it, aren't you. In fact I heard more singing from our fans today than I have all season at Sixfields. I get the fact it's pretty woeful, but don't blatantly lie, eh?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

You're always at it, aren't you. In fact I heard more singing from our fans today than I have all season at Sixfields. I get the fact it's pretty woeful, but don't blatantly lie, eh?

To be fair it wouldn't take that many people for you to hear more singing today than you have all season at subfields.

torchomatic

The Reverend Skyblue

This may be true but the implication is you prefer playing at Northampton. That is an absurd preference.

This is exactly what I said to him a couple of days ago Grendal, he comes across as a complete WUM ,as he slags off the Ricoh all the time while saying how much he enjoys 6fields.Whatever side of the fence you sit in this fiasco there is no way the 6field experience beats the Ricoh, absolutely no way
The biggest WUM on this site by a country mile

torchomatic

This is exactly what I said to him a couple of days ago Grendal, he comes across as a complete WUM ,as he slags off the Ricoh all the time while saying how much he enjoys 6fields.Whatever side of the fence you sit in this fiasco there is no way the 6field experience beats the Ricoh, absolutely no way

Agree. I've never been a big fan of the Ricoh but it is still a zillion times better than sixfields.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

you're always stirring it.

No you're not me,usually we do hear at least one chant at least from inside today nothing,we didn't even hear much of the Swindon fans FACT. So unless you had an MP3 player of Coventry crowd noises plugged into your ears then you would have heard nothing from the people inside!

NorthernWisdom

And boy does he have some competition ;)

hill83

Careful lads 'FACT' has been used. Stay well away from this one.

If he'd added a 'Rant over' we'd all be done for.

torchomatic

No you're not me,usually we do hear at least one chant at least from inside today nothing,we didn't even hear much of the Swindon fans FACT. So unless you had an MP3 player of Coventry crowd noises plugged into your ears then you would have heard nothing from the people inside!

Quite a breathtaking statement from someone who wasn't inside. The guys behind the goal usually sing but not the lot in our stand but they did today. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I was there. So you are saying because YOU didn't hear any singing then it definitely DIDN'T happen. I'm not arguing for the sake of it here, but you are wrong.

As I said I know the situation is shit but you making stuff up doesn't help.

Evans1883

i spent 45 minutes in the stadium against milton keynes , it was the one and only time i went , i took my little girl she is 4 , and the second half we stood on the hill , wanted to get a picture of how bad our situation .
For me i barely recognised anybody from the ricoh arena or away games , it was full of middle aged to old men and women with a few children scattered about , i actually spoke to a northampton fan who was at the game (shocker ) and the atmosphere was abysmal , there was no singing that day , cant comment on today

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

i spent 45 minutes in the stadium against milton keynes , it was the one and only time i went , i took my little girl she is 4 , and the second half we stood on the hill , wanted to get a picture of how bad our situation .
For me i barely recognised anybody from the ricoh arena or away games , it was full of middle aged to old men and women with a few children scattered about , i actually spoke to a northampton fan who was at the game (shocker ) and the atmosphere was abysmal , there was no singing that day , cant comment on today

Was that you with the little blonde girl?

Chez78

Compared with the rocking 2-3000 at sixfields?

Users who are viewing this thread