The Council or SISU? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

That's SISUs point of view accepted. Now consider that you are the landlord...you'd probably wave said tenant goodbye & seek ANY reliable alternative(s) that will go some way to providing the desired/agreed income. Rather THAT than be held to ransom, or lose face.

Name one other council that has taken that stance

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Name one other council that has taken that stance

Ah the infamous 'name one' challenge from Grenduffy. Let me try it on you:

Name one council that's had to deal with a club, the directors of whom shake hands on a Heads Of Terms agreement; only then to renage like charlatans

J

Jack Griffin

Name one council with a part share of a stadium that that has been faced by a rent strike from its tenants?

Grendel

Ah the infamous 'name one' challenge from Grenduffy. Let me try it on you:

Name one council that's had to deal with a club, the directors of whom shake hands on a Heads Of Terms agreement; only then to renage like charlatans

Can't answer the question so more childish insults

Answer this question. If the final solution is sisu get there way - notional rent and all revenues - or the club get liquidated what would be you preference.

J

Jack Griffin

Tactic #2, changing the subject again because you've got no answers..:p:p:p

Grendel

Name one council with a part share of a stadium that that has been faced by a rent strike from its tenants?

Hull city Ipswich town and Doncaster.

Ipswich is the most interesting. Read up and educate yourself.

Grendel

Tactic #2, changing the subject again because you've got no answers..:p:p:p

There is no question to answer. The person who made the accusation never attended the meeting. Fisher acknowledged that the rent offer was reasonable (still disgusting by league one standards) but wants the revenue generated. Not unreasonable, if you lease a shop from the council do they keep the sales revenue?

MMM is assuming the agreement was verbally agreed. Was MmM present at the meeting?

dongonzalos

Answer this question. If the final solution is sisu get there way - notional rent and all revenues - or the club get liquidated what would be you preference.

I didn't enjoy that game last time you played it with me.
You asked me to name one scout who became a successful manager.
I did, then you told me to name another one
I felt it was a game at some point I was going to lose!

Grendel

I didn't enjoy that game last time you played it with me.
You asked me to name one scout who became a successful manager.
I did them you told me to name another.
I felt us was game at some point I was going to lose!

No scout has ever made a successful manager - what ate you on about?

SkyblueBazza

You cannot answer the question posed back either though can you? The point we're making is that other situations, however similar, have little bearing on this situation.

dongonzalos

Been away for a whole I take it, it has come out now that the rent offer wax actually around 150k a year.

Anyone get the feeling SISU actually don't want to sign a deal till they know where they will be next season.

Grendel

You cannot answer the question posed back either though can you? The point we're making is that other situations, however similar, have little bearing on this situation.

I've answered the question. I don't believe there was an agreement. We're you there?

Grendel

Been away for a whole I take it, it has come out now that the rent offer wax actually around 150k a year.

Anyone get the feeling SISU actually don't want to sign a deal till they know where they will be next season.

It was £400,000 a year?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I've never seen you flounder so much Grenduffy. And that's saying something.

You even talk in terms of 'this board' as if the latest cast of characters is better than the others. It may be, but are you making distinction between the Waggott and Fisher partnership, or Fisher only, or Onje, Brody or Ranson? But I tell you why it's irrelevant. Obviously a Heads of Terms was agreed by the present board with ACL. But they went back to 'Mother Bee' and boy did those naughty boys take a bollocking. And they back-tracked like a French infantryman.

Conclusion? It's Joy who's pulling the strings. And all the other names I list above had Auntie Joy standing on their shoulder pulling the strings. And if she can't be bothered to be at the table, in person, now - with the stakes as high as this - then that's a damning indictment of the position you're failing to defend

Grendel

I've never seen you flounder so much Grenduffy. And that's saying something.

You even talk in terms of 'this board' as if the latest cast of characters is better than the others. It may be, but are you making distinction between the Waggott and Fisher partnership, or Fisher only, or Onje, Brody or Ranson? But I tell you why it's irrelevant. Obviously a Heads of Terms was agreed by the present board with ACL. But they went back to 'Mother Bee' and boy did those naughty boys take a bollocking. And they back-tracked like a French infantryman.

Conclusion? It's Joy who's pulling the strings. And all the other names I list above had Auntie Joy standing on their shoulder pulling the strings. And if she can't be bothered to be at the table, in person, now - with the stakes as high as this - then that's a damning indictment of the position you're failing to defend

So you have evidence that the agreement was agreed with ACL. Now that is sensational. Please provide evidence.

dongonzalos

No scout has ever made a successful manager - what ate you on about?

Originally Posted by Grendel:
No scouts go straight into the job - name one.

Dongonzalos
Frank Gregan

dongonzalos 10:00 PM 02-08-2012
Any way Don was he an unqualified success and where is he now

Dongonzalos
Back to back promotions.

Edit Reply

Grendel

No hedge guns has even successfully run an English football club at this level. What are you on about?

Manchester United are technically owned by a Hedge Fund.

Grendel

No scouts go straight into the job - name one.

Dongonzalos
Frank Gregan

dongonzalos 10:00 PM 02-08-2012
Any way Don was he an unqualified success and where is he now

Dongonzalos
Back to back promotions.

Edit Reply

Er a difference from being a success?

Grendel

ACL have stated it was yesterday. Do you have proof they're lying? If so, paste it right here.

And forget semantics, address the point

No one knows the club say one thing ACL say another. So you believe ACL I don't. Wow massive scoop there MMM.

rupert_bear

Coventry City football club will never own a ground again, sad really, whether it's this one or a new one it will be run and built by outsiders who will call the tune to suit be it council, sisu or AN Other

dongonzalos

It was £400,000 a year?

No they were offered 150k
This is a statement from someone in the meeting.

All three directors said that is a figure we can work with.

They went through it step by step

They all reached an agreement it was on they all shock hands

SISU changed their minds.

Grendel

No they were offered 150k
This is a statement from someone in the meeting.

All three directors said that is a figure we can work with.

They went through it step by step

They all reached an agreement it was on they all shock hands

SISU changed their minds.

Fisher this morning said £400,000 and he confirmed that this was acceptable.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

No one knows the club say one thing ACL say another. So you believe ACL I don't. Wow massive scoop there MMM.

Okay. I'll deduce - as will everyone else reading this - that you can't answer the question, so you'll refute reported facts and offer sarcasm.

The fact is, Seppalla still controls everything. Always has. Always will. Your trying to apportion blame to one board under SISU as opposed to others is a failure

Grendel

No they're not. It's controlled by a Delaware-based organisation you know nothing about. To claim its a hedge fund is without any basis whatsoever

The majority of the cash used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, much of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture Ltd and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football Ltd (and thus the club). The interest on the PIKs rolled up at 14.25% per annum. Despite this, the Glazers did not pay down any of the PIK loans in the first five years they owned the club. In January 2010, the club carried out a successful £500 million bond issue, and by March 2010, the PIKs stood at around £207 million.[1] The PIKs were eventually paid off in November 2010 by unspecified means.

...I said tecnically. A large proportion of debt is secured by a hedge fund

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The majority of the cash used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, much of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture Ltd and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football Ltd (and thus the club). The interest on the PIKs rolled up at 14.25% per annum. Despite this, the Glazers did not pay down any of the PIK loans in the first five years they owned the club. In January 2010, the club carried out a successful £500 million bond issue, and by March 2010, the PIKs stood at around £207 million.[1] The PIKs were eventually paid off in November 2010 by unspecified means.

...I said tecnically. A large proportion of debt is secured by a hedge fund

I hoped you'd fall for that. Copying and pasting Wikipedia when you refute what's in The Telegraph:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2013/02/14/acl-statement-on-collapsed-ricoh-arena-talks-92746-32811178/

Too easy....

dongonzalos

Fisher this morning said £400,000 and he confirmed that this was acceptable.

No Dr Martin Reeves confirmed he personally shock hands with all three directors the deal was done bar the signatures it was for 150k

They were able to offer 150k because of what the council did.

They could no go that low before.

The directors were really pleased with that offer and everything else including Tim Fisher.

Off they went then they reneged

Users who are viewing this thread