The Club Shop (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueSoul

It's well known that kit sold to supporters of other clubs as well as ours because of the 2-tone design so I'm sure it makes commercial sense for them. I could be completely wrong but I'm also wondering if it's got anything to do with the abuse KP got at Wednesday, what with the anti-racism message.

Liquicon

It's well known that kit sold to supporters of other clubs as well as ours because of the 2-tone design so I'm sure it makes commercial sense for them. I could be completely wrong but I'm also wondering if it's got anything to do with the abuse KP got at Wednesday, what with the anti-racism message.
I did initially think there was a chance that off the back of that incident the club did a re-order for this shirt which has now become available, but then I would have thought they would have mentioned that with the release.

pusbccfc

Best shirt we've ever had. So many missed out on buying it or have outgrown their original. This will sell out quickly.

Alkhen

Can a kit from four years ago legitimately be called retro?
Not retro yet really but a bit of a classic that plenty of people will happily pay again for.

This is what I've said on Twitter. Its lazy

Come on, its the opposite of lazy! its proactive, they saw how popular that kit was and acted. Refreshing the club are switched on enough to see opportunity.

less than a year ago people on here were moaning how the store was stocked with tat and weird unbranded stock. Surely you can't moan now they are looking at the most successful kits and doing re-releases , its what properly ran clubs do.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

People hating absolutely everything about the club they apparently support never ceases to amaze me.

Every time I'm back in the UK, the whole self-hated thing seems to get worse. Watching the news is bleak and there seems to be a theme about feeling shame and guilt constantly. A permanent mindset of criticism, then followed by 'why do we have a mental health crisis'.

AiS86

Doesn't retro just mean from the past? Assuming my Cliff Richard calendar isn't lying, 19/20 is in fact the past. How else would they market it otherwise, the give it a few more years and then it's retro collection? Who cares either ways, just great they're selling it again

AOM

Definitely better buying the two tone shirt from the club shop rather than a dodgy fake on ebay for £100+

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I know they have to strike while the irons hot and undoubtedly the retro shirts are selling way better than any other item of merch, but I can't help but feel they're maybe going through too many too quickly, unless the plan is to keep them consistently in stock.

Few people can afford to buy all of them in such a short space of time, though as they seem to sell out that's not an issue for the club to concern itself with, but it runs the risk of just becoming a norm and people don't get as excited about them.

I imagine it's boosting our revenues, and thus our ability to spend, but it's likely only going to be a short term boost the way their getting through them. I imagine the plan is to have that short-term revenue to boost the squad and get promoted, where the money would dwarf anything we could ever do. If it doesn't work we're going to have a bit of a shortfall to make up in a couple of years time.

Sick Boy

I know they have to strike while the irons hot and undoubtedly the retro shirts are selling way better than any other item of merch, but I can't help but feel they're maybe going through too many too quickly, unless the plan is to keep them consistently in stock.

Few people can afford to buy all of them in such a short space of time, though as they seem to sell out that's not an issue for the club to concern itself with, but it runs the risk of just becoming a norm and people don't get as excited about them.

I imagine it's boosting our revenues, and thus our ability to spend, but it's likely only going to be a short term boost the way their getting through them. I imagine the plan is to have that short-term revenue to boost the squad and get promoted, where the money would dwarf anything we could ever do. If it doesn't work we're going to have a bit of a shortfall to make up in a couple of years time.
They’d be better off restocking those that sold out within a couple of days. There’s going to be much more demand for those.

M&B Stand

I bought the 2 tone one today. Always wanted one missed the boat, didn’t want eBay shite.

The Umbro mid 80’s away yellow my auntie bought me as a box kit with the shirt shorts and socks, I think my life peaked then.

Alkhen

I keep banging this drum, but they NEED TO get the le coq sportif late 90s clobber in. Ir would absolutely fly off the shelves
Yeah but it's not that easy, Le Coq Sportif are still going. Easy enough pumping out Hummel stuff and even heritage branded stuff like Admiral and Pony but I reckon there would be a big conflict of interest for Hummel & LCS.

Might be wrong but I would imagine the commercial team are definitely trying, as you pointed out out it's a license to print money.

Seamus1

I for one would end up spending around £400 were they to bring in the ribero ‘bird shit’ home and ‘lava’ away, and the yellow third top as well as all the ASICS tops. Alas, sadly it’s not down to me 😞

Users who are viewing this thread