The CBS (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

A few points from yesterday.

1) I cannot be the only one to think the stadium looks ridiculous with one packed stand, another near full and one behind the ground so empty.

it looks crap on TV, it looks empty to away fans and having sat behind the goal a few times this season, the atmosphere is dreadfully there.

Next season they should close the corner between the north Stand and have all pay on the gate tickets behind the goal.

Alternatively, offer slightly cheaper tickets there, even if by a couple quid. It may even stop the overcrowding in Block 15.

2) Dhillions brewery is becoming a let down. They've gone from charging £4 a pint, to £4.50 to £5. The pints are dreadful, pre-poured and flat. Queues are still dreadful, despite not actually being that busy. It has such potential but I don't think I'll bother again for a while.

3) The response to the injured steward was outstanding. Quick, efficient and respectful. It really put to shame the disgrace at Luton. Well done to all involved in that.

4) The wall splitting home and away fans up outside has remarkable become even bigger!

Bugsy

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

A few points from yesterday.

1) I cannot be the only one to think the stadium looks ridiculous with one packed stand, another near full and one behind the ground so empty.

it looks crap on TV, it looks empty to away fans and having sat behind the goal a few times this season, the atmosphere is dreadfully there.

Next season they should close the corner between the north Stand and have all pay on the gate tickets behind the goal.

Alternatively, offer slightly cheaper tickets there, even if by a couple quid. It may even stop the overcrowding in Block 15.

2) Dhillions brewery is becoming a let down. They've gone from charging £4 a pint, to £4.50 to £5. The pints are dreadful, pre-poured and flat. Queues are still dreadful, despite not actually being that busy. It has such potential but I don't think I'll bother again for a while.

3) The response to the injured steward was outstanding. Quick, efficient and respectful. It really put to shame the disgrace at Luton. Well done to all involved in that.

4) The wall splitting home and away fans up outside has remarkable become even bigger!

For me there is no attraction to go in the North Stand. No atmosphere and nobody I know sits there. That said it could be a good option for families and pay on the gate? I’m not arsed about how it looks on TV and I don’t think the Arena is either, otherwise the TV cameras would be set up to look at Blocks 16-25.

I haven’t been in the Dhillons by the ground but I have seen multiple people saying the beer is appalling and ‘as flat as Gyokere’s finishing’ to paraphrase one poster. I wasn’t aware of them hiking up the prices but if so that’s taking the mickey. I can’t think of one good pint I’ve had in a plastic cup tbf though.

pusbccfc

For me there is no attraction to go in the North Stand. No atmosphere and nobody I know sits there. That said it could be a good option for families and pay on the gate? I’m not arsed about how it looks on TV and I don’t think the Arena is either, otherwise the TV cameras would be set up to look at Blocks 16-25.

I haven’t been in the Dhillons by the ground but I have seen multiple people saying the beer is appalling and ‘as flat as Gyokere’s finishing’ to paraphrase one poster. I wasn’t aware of them hiking up the prices but if so that’s taking the mickey. I can’t think of one good pint I’ve had in a plastic cup tbf though.

There would be an attraction to go there if it was more populated. That's why I'd close the corner off. Take the sizeable amount from there and put them behind the goal, the atmosphere would be better.

larry_david

Went in that stand behind the goal for the Derby league game. Only home game so far this season and it was bloody awful. If anyone had ST'S there I had huge sympathy for them

rob9872

I'd like to see all corners covered even if with big advertising and only remove them if we've sold tickets and need them. That would help concentrate the fans being together. Similarly blocking off the first 2 or 3 rows all round the ground might take a 1000 out.

Sky Blue Harry H

There would be an attraction to go there if it was more populated. That's why I'd close the corner off. Take the sizeable amount from there and put them behind the goal, the atmosphere would be better.

I sit in the Block 31 (allocated for those that wanted to keep their distance re: pandemic) The atmosphere sounds fine there to me - albeit it is difficult to tell exactly where the 'noise' is coming from. Obviously you can hear Singers corner etc, but there definitely is some atmosphere being generated when things are going well on the pitch (e.g. the Jordan Shipley fanfare seemed to echo around the whole stadium)

Have people forgotten what the atmosphere is this season compared to previous efforts -- improved tenfold in my opinion. Combination of good football, higher attendances and decent away support to create a us v them mentality. As an experience for the 'casual' fan, I suspect that you feel that you have been to an event, rather than a home game against Fleetwood or Gillingham, which could be borderline soul destroying, and tested all but the diehards.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Went in that stand behind the goal for the Derby league game. Only home game so far this season and it was bloody awful. If anyone had ST'S there I had huge sympathy for them

Yep, been there twice, it was dreadful to be honest. The view is lovely but it's souless.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Really don't get the appeal of Dhillons. Gas club ten minutes away. Nice beer. Cheap and never any queues at the bar

If everyone went there then you'll have the same problems 🤣

mark82

Really don't get the appeal of Dhillons. Gas club ten minutes away. Nice beer. Cheap and never any queues at the bar

What beers do they have on at Gas Club? Local one's? Always assumed it'd be the type of place that serves mass produced crap like Carling, etc.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

What beers do they have on at Gas Club? Local one's? Always assumed it'd be the type of place that serves mass produced crap like Carling, etc.

Sorry but I have to take exception to this - Carling isn’t crap, it’s like the VW of the beer world solid 7/10 beer. Just all the cockwomble Ale enthusiasts and people that pretend they can afford to drink Peroni all day long give it stick.

Is it right I despise “ale enthusiasts”?!

Liquid Gold

Sorry but I have to take exception to this - Carling isn’t crap, it’s like the VW of the beer world solid 7/10 beer. Just all the cockwomble Ale enthusiasts and people that pretend they can afford to drink Peroni all day long give it stick.

For someone that gatekeeps what people wear, what songs are sung, how people support their team etc. etc. etc. is so fucking funny that you defend the cheapest of shite piss lager.

clint van damme

not really mate, fair play if you like it but I can't stand the stuff. Loads of my mates drink it, I honestly don't know what they see in it. Absolute piss.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

For someone that gatekeeps what people wear, what songs are sung, how people support their team etc. etc. etc. is so fucking funny that you defend the cheapest of shite piss lager.

I said what people wear taking the piss (I wear exactly what was discussed) but I don’t remember telling people what to sing (beyond rejecting the JCH is a sex offender/x team get battered song) and how to support the team? Please elaborate? I’ve agreed with lots of your posts so don’t think I can be that far of your opinion surely?

Drink what you want to drink my friend, just Tuborg, Carlsberg, Fosters or any CAMRA bollocks is worse than Carling!

Users who are viewing this thread