The CBS (1 Viewer)

Travs

There are a fair few bars that sell 1 litre glasses of it on tap.

Must admit i've never seen that (although have seen it in usual "large" size).

Of the stronger ones i've seen over there, Elephant seems to be quite common (about 8% volume i think)

rob9872

Of the stronger ones i've seen over there, Elephant seems to be quite common (about 8% volume i think)
That stuff is disgusting. Basically rebranded special brew and tastes of alcohol not beer.

Greggs

Pretty offended at all you snobs slagging off Carling. It's an extremely versatile drink. Shandy, lager dash, lager and lime, blackcurrant and lager, I've even used it as mouthwash. Recession proof too, £1 a can and I ain't ever paying more than that.

Peter Billing Eyes

I think you read into things too much. I’ve got taken the piss out of many times for wearing Stone Island and a Paddington bear scarf! I can’t afford to drink Peroni all day long no, and I’d be hammered before kick off!

Just relax, wear whatever you want to the games!
You’re not really from Earlsdon, are you? 🤣

robbiekeane

It's amazing how an inflated price and clever marketing fools people. Birra Nastro Azzurro/Peroni is pretty much regarded as Italy's Carling.
Whereas Tennents Super is overpriced and fashionable.
It’s like Stella in the US - everyone sees it as fancy and premium

Liquid Gold

That stuff is disgusting. Basically rebranded special brew and tastes of alcohol not beer.
But then special brew was introduced as a premium product. It was brewed in honour of Churchill visiting Copenhagen and is supposed to be a smooth lager with tasting notes of brandy.

It's just become seen a shit over here as it's high % so drunk by alcoholics. The example sort of proves the point about how branding and marketing is important.

Sick Boy

From what I can tell It's been replaced by Tennents Super - it's "molto trendy". <cringe>

Travs

From what I can tell It's been replaced by Tennents Super - it's "molto trendy". <cringe>

Well it's been a few years since i've been in Italy, due to obvious travel issues... although i'm back in September (won't get to Verona this time though)

pusbccfc

People can claim that the atmosphere has tailed off a bit as the season has progressed, but it was decent again tonight, and let's be honest, is head and shoulders above every other ground I have visited this season. Nowhere else has come close tbf.

Bang on. Bar Blackpool, every ground we've been to this season has been near silent for 85 minutes.

Atmosphere was great tonight despite a lower crowd.

ccfcmad1

As said In the match thread I usually sit in block 16 but left it late and couldn't get two tickets together so sat in the block 36 in the far corner opposite end, was great to see the atmosphere and noise created from 14 onwards from the outside looking in something to be proud of brilliant 👏

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

As said In the match thread I usually sit in block 16 but left it late and couldn't get two tickets together so sat in the block 36 in the far corner opposite end, was great to see the atmosphere and noise created from 14 onwards from the outside looking in something to be proud of brilliant 👏

Out of interest, how well did the noise travel? I thought the block 14-18 corner helped to spur the team on last night to get the goal we needed!

Sky Blue Harry H

Out of interest, how well did the noise travel? I thought the block 14-18 corner helped to spur the team on last night to get the goal we needed!

Said it before, but I was in Block 31 and the noise in the ground ground was echoing really well. The 'Shippers' rendition was particularly good, and the fans behind the goal even got a bit of The Sky Blues song going at one point. Really impressed with the atmosphere. Dipped a bit, towards the end of the first half and around the 80min mark, when they had a bit of possession we looked a bit leggy and think the crowd got a bit nervous. Overall brilliant, and you could tell it helped subdue the away support.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just popped on The Oatcake (Stoke) forum

Impressed with the noise the Cov fans made well before they scored. Good effort. The drum is as annoying as any drum at a football game is, but apart from that decent effort from their lot.

That match went precisely as it should've for a mediocre midtable side away at a slightly better midtable side, pretty even and dull, settled by one moment of quality.

No chance of the playoffs but we all knew that once Powell and then Souttar got injured.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Said it before, but I was in Block 31 and the noise in the ground ground was echoing really well. The 'Shippers' rendition was particularly good, and the fans behind the goal even got a bit of The Sky Blues song going at one point. Really impressed with the atmosphere. Dipped a bit, towards the end of the first half and around the 80min mark, when they had a bit of possession we looked a bit leggy and think the crowd got a bit nervous. Overall brilliant, and you could tell it helped subdue the away support.

I think having the corner packed out, from top row to bottom, helps to get the atmosphere going and from what you have said, travelling around the stadium so everybody gets up for it! In my mind it has helped win us points this season and spurred the players on when they have needed it.

Late 00s there was circa a 1000 in the corner singing regularly but often the feedback was that the noise didn’t travel. Clearly we have gone up a level!

rexo87

Just popped on The Oatcake (Stoke) forum

Impressed with the noise the Cov fans made well before they scored. Good effort. The drum is as annoying as any drum at a football game is, but apart from that decent effort from their lot.

That match went precisely as it should've for a mediocre midtable side away at a slightly better midtable side, pretty even and dull, settled by one moment of quality.

No chance of the playoffs but we all knew that once Powell and then Souttar got injured.
The game was definitely not even

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Apparently the bars in the away end are covered in the opposition's colours/memorabilia.

Nice touch.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Back to the atmosphere, I only watch on iFollow being aborad, but I was oddly mesmerized watching the game.

I think it was in the build up, but the camera panned to the crowd as they were playing that song that Leicester use as their goal celebration - Kungs: ´This Girl´. There was some bloke in the stand with golden curly locks shaking his head in exact time to the beat. Might as well have been an advert for Tresemme or something the way that hair was rocking side to side. He had a fat grin at the same time as well, which made it even more bizarre.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Back to the atmosphere, I only watch on iFollow being aborad, but I was oddly mesmerized watching the game.

I think it was in the build up, but the camera panned to the crowd as they were playing that song that Leicester use as their goal celebration - Kungs: ´This Girl´. There was some bloke in the stand with golden curly locks shaking his head in exact time to the beat. Might as well have been an advert for Tresemme or something the way that hair was rocking side to side. He had a fat grin at the same time as well, which made it even more bizarre.

If there was ever a real life Simpsons “stupid sexy Flanders” moment, this is it!

pusbccfc

the atmosphere is much better - it’s positive and behind the team

When you watch Man United, Newcastle and the similar negative atmospheres you hear/see at other clubs, it makes you realise how awful it must have been playing for Cov between 2008-2014. Remember when we used to have debates on here arguing that we should boo the team🤣

Was absolutely toxic.

Players must love it currently with the constant encouragement. It definitely helped earlier in
the season when the atmosphere remained positive even when losing.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

When you watch Man United, Newcastle and the similar negative atmospheres you hear/see at other clubs, it makes you realise how awful it must have been playing for Cov between 2008-2014. Remember when we used to have debates on here arguing that we should boo the team🤣

Was absolutely toxic.

Players must love it currently with the constant encouragement. It definitely helped earlier in
the season when the atmosphere remained positive even when losing.

Lots of times this season when we have been on the ropes, the fans have kept singing and the confidence has transferred onto the pitch. That is the epitome of fantastic support.

There’s things that I don’t admire about Liverpool fans but one of the things I do admire is on the big occasions, even when they’re behind or up against it, they keep singing. That confidence and almost arrogance that they’re going to come back and win it has regularly transmitted to the players and won them games.

AOM

It's amazing how an inflated price and clever marketing fools people. Birra Nastro Azzurro/Peroni is pretty much regarded as Italy's Carling.
Whereas Tennents Super is overpriced and fashionable.

I know someone who was able to get Newcastle Brown Ale on tap in a bar in Italy recently 😂
Don't think I've even seen that in the UK apart from in a bottle or can

Travs

I know someone who was able to get Newcastle Brown Ale on tap in a bar in Italy recently 😂
Don't think I've even seen that in the UK apart from in a bottle or can

The only place i can recall seeing that here is in the pub inside Newcastle Rail Station.

Reactions: AOM

Hobo

I will jusf give my input on my experience of drinking lager.

If it is a foreign lager brewed in country of origin it is usually pretty good.

If it is a foreign lager brewed under licence in Northampton (or another uk post code) it is sub standard shite.

Users who are viewing this thread