The Budget (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

To be quite honest Nick it upsets me no end when the supporters slate off our youngsters during the game as you can actually see their heads drop, this is where I suppose experience helps players to let it go over their heads

Still convinced the main reason why the top players end up at the very top is mental, as much as anything.

Grendel will no doubt be along to disagree ;) but I think haynes has all the technical ability to be a decent footballer - he also seems to lack a lot of confidence too. Ditto, many of Burge's issues are confidence, as far as I'm concerned (and it's magnified when he's the keeper). You could also suggest Phillips was almost trying too hard whenever he had a sniff of the first team, and that led to the rash challenges.

If they can't develop thicker skins, they won't make it professionally.

fernandopartridge

Still convinced the main reason why the top players end up at the very top is mental, as much as anything.

Grendel will no doubt be along to disagree ;) but I think haynes has all the technical ability to be a decent footballer - he also seems to lack a lot of confidence too. Ditto, many of Burge's issues are confidence, as far as I'm concerned (and it's magnified when he's the keeper). You could also suggest Phillips was almost trying too hard whenever he had a sniff of the first team, and that led to the rash challenges.

You're spot on, it's a bit of mental but also the ability to think quickly, the better players react see things and react quicker.

will am i

The budget will be the problem if we target the wrong players, surely? Or should we just give him unlimited funds?

Especially if the delay is waiting to snap up the Wilson type players who have failed to find championship clubs and are desperate?

If we are missing out to league 2, then yes budget is an issue. Have to remember also it's what tm thinks players are worth.

I still get surprised that people act like we have unlimited money and that we are the only league one club without unlimited funds. Same with tm being the only league one manager to work within a low budget to build a team.
Im surprised that people think that it is acceptable for the season to have started and we are not ready.
That is another thing, people ranting on about us missing out to Rotherham not even realising they are the league above. Is it mainly the older blokes who are used to us splashing out millions on players like Lee Hughes or Bellamy?

It is all well and good them demanding SISU put money in to spend loads on players and wages, but then on the other hand they will then moan about being debt to SISU. Stupot has his graphs of turnover in the Championship, even then you can understand why we weren't able to compete in the Championship.

I think people just need to take a step back from shouting and ranting and be a bit more realistic. That isn't to say I don't want promotion and wouldn't love to piss League 1 but we just need to be a bit more realistic and understand where we are.
I think we understand where we are. We are owned by an organisation that doesnt give a fuck about CCFC. They cut the budget each year and do nothing to increase the revenue which could usefully be used on improving the team. Meanwhile you youngsters think the'ambition' not to get promoted is ok. I dont think finishing 8th last year was good enough. This year we have a smaller budget so we must be aiming to finish a bit lower this year? When the budget reduces next year as crowds fall i expect that will be ok for you - perhaps we can really push for League 2.

Nick

Administrator
Im surprised that people think that it is acceptable for the season to have started and we are not ready.

I think we understand where we are. We are owned by an organisation that doesnt give a fuck about CCFC. They cut the budget each year and do nothing to increase the revenue which could usefully be used on improving the team. Meanwhile you youngsters think the'ambition' not to get promoted is ok. I dont think finishing 8th last year was good enough. This year we have a smaller budget so we must be aiming to finish a bit lower this year? When the budget reduces next year as crowds fall i expect that will be ok for you - perhaps we can really push for League 2.

Catch 22 isn't it? Fill the Ricoh every week and the budget will be higher... Tell the people sat at home shouting NOPM and kicking off about investment to set the example.

will am i

Catch 22 isn't it? Fill the Ricoh every week and the budget will be higher... Tell the people sat at home shouting NOPM and kicking off about investment to set the example.
Its normal for people to invest in a business and entice customers not just peddle the same old shit and expect them to turn up. I thought crowds increased last year and ive yet to see that result in an increase in the playing budget - its been cut. Oh and those transfer fees they receive could be re invested into the team. That is the point of selling players i would have thought and not simply to make the team weaker. Oh no, lack of budget like everything is always the fault of someone other than our owners. You do Tim proud.

stevefloyd

I think Phillips may have been pushed too hard by his Dad

Nick

Administrator
Its normal for people to invest in a business and entice customers not just peddle the same old shit and expect them to turn up. I thought crowds increased last year and ive yet to see that result in an increase in the playing budget - its been cut. Oh and those transfer fees they receive could be re invested into the team. That is the point of selling players i would have thought and not simply to make the team weaker. Oh no, lack of budget like everything is always the fault of someone other than our owners. You do Tim proud.

You also realise ticket prices were cut...

Do you also realise there are other things to pay so if we sell a player, it can't always go straight to buy new players.

The point of selling players is to survive sometimes.

letsallsingtogether

You also realise ticket prices were cut...

Do you also realise there are other things to pay so if we sell a player, it can't always go straight to buy new players.

The point of selling players is to survive sometimes.
But we still make more money then other teams who have spent more.
Keep hearing about supporters this supporters that we are one of the best supported in the league.
OK others own their own grounds but how much do they need to take in just for upkeep of their Old grounds?

D

Deleted member 2477

Based on this then nick our owners are basically saying we own the business/club but we arnt going to put any money into it out of our own pockets or pay for the day to day runnings. The club must pay for everything themselves which amounts to no ambition and no intent to get out of this league.
Why the fuck buy and own a business if your not prepared to invest in it to make it successful.

As others have said i think it suits sisu to keep us in league one for some obscure business or financial reason legal or illegal. Whatever their reasons are they dont give a flying f about the fans or the clubs history and potential

fernandopartridge

Based on this then nick our owners are basically saying we own the business/club but we arnt going to put any money into it out of our own pockets or pay for the day to day runnings. The club must pay for everything themselves which amounts to no ambition and no intent to get out of this league.
Why the fuck buy and own a business if your not prepared to invest in it to make it successful.

As others have said i think it suits sisu to keep us in league one for some obscure business or financial reason legal or illegal. Whatever their reasons are they dont give a flying f about the fans or the clubs history and potential

Are you really that thick? What sort of business owner would want to run a business where they continually invest to get no return (apart from super rich oligarchs who make more money than anybody could ever spend)?

It's only football where constant loss making is seen as acceptable. It isn't and has led us to where we are today.

Users who are viewing this thread