The boat/James (5 Viewers)

WhaleOilBeefHooked

don't let yourself be dragged into this if it does turn to be not genuine - how does the account go from 0.33 balance to -27.67 if a payment of £4000? if that comes after and makes it a credit it would still be .67 at end not .33 it really don't add up

The £4000 payment came out first resulting in a balance of -£27.67. The £28 payment afterwards brought the balance to £0.33.

Tom, could you attach the whole statement - specifically the transaction(s) before?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

don't let yourself be dragged into this if it does turn to be not genuine - how does the account go from 0.33 balance to -27.67 if a payment of £4000? if that comes after and makes it a credit it would still be .67 at end not .33 it really don't add up

Why do all the other transactions appear with scentence case and then the Thames boat booking appears in lower case with a lower case t? The statement is the opposite order to how my bank statement comes out but it adds up.

Nick

Administrator
I'm just trying to defend my brother, he just tried to sort a day out and it's gone wrong. He's trying to rectify it and it's hard to watch a family member be subjected to that kind of abuse.

To be honest, not sure why you would start off with just the 2 transactions rather than just all of it?

The personal abuse is out of order obviously, the screenshots you have showed don't really clear anything up though as they aren't related to the amount the boat company said they got? If anything, it's just poured some petrol onto it.

covcity4life

Ditto
Get some perspective folks
He's also the father of my grandson
He is I'm afraid nothing more than a naive dreamer .
City and sport mad!!
If he's alright with wingy he's alright with me

Also it's only 30 quid end of day. Not like someones kids cant go uni becaus of this etc!

Greggs

as I’ve said to nick in a message, I’m not for one second accusing the boat of lying in this, I’ve had issues in the past with large amounts of money go out my account it sometimes gets ‘held’, that’s part of the problem with my past as it is seen as suspicious activity. It’s something I’m trying to sort away from the witch hunt that this has become.
And I know some people say they can be edited, unless my mate does the front cover of TnS, then I either use an internet image or stick men (I’m that bad when it comes to computers)
Stop trying to defend every action, it's making you look more guilty

Tom19866

To be honest, not sure why you would start off with just the 2 transactions rather than just all of it?

The personal abuse is out of order obviously, the screenshots you have showed don't really clear anything up though as they aren't related to the amount the boat company said they got? If anything, it's just poured some petrol onto it.
I just put them up because i wanted to show the transaction, what was said or the jist i got was that they stated Jimbo just paid over 2 grand. They statement shows more was paid in.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

I just put them up because i wanted to show the transaction, what was said or the jist i got was that they stated Jimbo just paid over 2 grand. They statement shows more was paid in.

You need the whole statement though, specifically showing the transactions before.

It's pretty simple. Go to the TSB app, view statement and download as a PDF. Remove the details.

Nick

Administrator

It doesn't though to be fair.

It's probably made it a bit worse only showing a very tiny snippet. It doesn't show what the payment was for or anything.

Surely the invoice / order confirmation that the boat company sent would show everything? Then the payment amounts matching the invoice total.

The way the boat company have been so open, it wouldn't surprise me if they email booking confirmations / invoices to people first which is probably going to make it even worse.

Tom19866

The £4000 payment came out first resulting in a balance of -£27.67. The £28 payment afterwards brought the balance to £0.33.

Tom, could you attach the whole statement - specifically the transaction(s) before?
You need the whole statement though, specifically showing the transactions before.

It's pretty simple. Go to the TSB app, view statement and download as a PDF. Remove the details.
It's not my account but will ask him to do that.

Tom19866

It doesn't though to be fair.

It's probably made it a bit worse only showing a very tiny snippet. It doesn't show what the payment was for or anything.

Surely the invoice / order confirmation that the boat company sent would show everything? Then the payment amounts matching the invoice total.

The way the boat company have been so open, it wouldn't surprise me if they email booking confirmations / invoices to people first which is probably going to make it even worse.
I just put it up because it shows 4 grand going out of the account to the boat company, i will ask him to put the rest on. I just posted that as a reply because someone said less had been put in.

Nick

Administrator
I just put it up because it shows 4 grand going out of the account to the boat company, i will ask him to put the rest on. I just posted that as a reply because someone said less had been put in.

The boat company said that less had been paid and broke down what it was all for in detail. To be fair from the other side a snippet of £4,000 going out to a random name doesn't really show that much at all compared to what's come from them.

To be honest, it doesn't even show it goes to them apart from the title.

That's not me saying £4k didn't go to them, just that it doesn't really prove anything at all (from a neutral aspect).

To really prove them wrong you could:

1. Show the booking confirmation / invoices that show what you were getting
2. Show how your payments match these amounts

The screenshots haven't really cleared anything up, they have just confused it even more.

I assume the bank has been called to ask if every payment did go through?

chiefdave

Have to say if I'd paid thousands for an all inclusive bar and turned up and been told there wasn't one I would have kicked off big time. Surely he would have had proof of payment and what had been agreed on him? I certainly wouldn't have been putting more of my money behind the bar to cover another companies fuck up.

Think about it, you're in charge on a boat of 300 plus football fans expecting a free bar, the bloke who organised it has proof he's paid for an all inclusive bar. What would you do? Would you tell him no and risk it all kicking off?

Something doesn't add up here and while it may be the boat company at fault the fact that there's plenty of people on facebook bringing up other issues with past and future trips doesn't look good. There's someone posting on the facebook page who has paid him a 4 figure sum for a trip to Barcelona who can't get any details out of him.
This is not a company it's one lad.
This is the problem. Doesn't matter if its one person or not when you get to the point you're running 20+ coaches to Wembley and putting on international trips for non-Cov games, trips to other events you're a business and it should all be properly set up. This is way past the level where people should be passing envelopes of cash to someone behind a bar in a pub.

Tom19866

The boat company said that less had been paid and broke down what it was all for in detail. To be fair from the other side a snippet of £4,000 going out to a random name doesn't really show that much at all compared to what's come from them.

That's not me saying £4k didn't go to them, just that it doesn't really prove anything at all (from a neutral aspect).

The screenshots haven't really cleared anything up, they have just confused it even more.

Reppz

Surely there is some sort of electronic receipt or email confirmation of exactly what the booking was? I personally think James has pulled a fast one here - the lack of evidence provided and his beating around the bush only strengthens that opinion. My friend who managed the booking for our group also messaged James directly via text (which James' brother claims he has been responding to) a couple of days ago regarding the refund and has received nothing back yet.

Tom19866

I don’t know, Jimbo has all that information. I’m just showing what I have seen.

Nick

Administrator
Have to say if I'd paid thousands for an all inclusive bar and turned up and been told there wasn't one I would have kicked off big time. Surely he would have had proof of payment and what had been agreed on him? I certainly wouldn't have been putting more of my money behind the bar to cover another companies fuck up.

Think about it, you're in charge on a boat of 300 plus football fans expecting a free bar, the bloke who organised it has proof he's paid for an all inclusive bar. What would you do? Would you tell him no and risk it all kicking off?

Something doesn't add up here and while it may be the boat company at fault the fact that there's plenty of people on facebook bringing up other issues with past and future trips doesn't look good. There's someone posting on the facebook page who has paid him a 4 figure sum for a trip to Barcelona who can't get any details out of him.

This is the problem. Doesn't matter if its one person or not when you get to the point you're running 20+ coaches to Wembley and putting on international trips for non-Cov games, trips to other events you're a business and it should all be properly set up. This is way past the level where people should be passing envelopes of cash to someone behind a bar in a pub.

That's the weird bit.

The boat company have broken the payment down and explained it to the penny and that there was some extra so it went to the bar.

There's no chance I'd transfer 40 quid of my own money without knowing what it was for, let alone 4000 of other people's.

There must be some sort of paper trail.

Nick

Administrator
I don’t know, Jimbo has all that information. I’m just showing what I have seen.

Im not saying it is you, just that is really what would be needed.

Whilst I don't condone any of the threats / abuse etc it can all be cleared up pretty easily and quickly. There will be booking confirmations / invoices from the company.

If there's a mistake at the boat end, try and get compensation from them.
If there's a misunderstanding, try to refund each person and a very genuine sorry.
If there is a payment stuck with the bank, refund it all.

The more it gets dragged out, the more people who went will get annoyed and the more people will speculate.

Tom19866

Im not saying it is you, just that is really what would be needed.

Whilst I don't condone any of the threats / abuse etc it can all be cleared up pretty easily and quickly. There will be booking confirmations / invoices from the company.

If there's a mistake at the boat end, try and get compensation from them.
If there's a misunderstanding, try to refund each person and a very genuine sorry.
If there is a payment stuck with the bank, refund it all.

The more it gets dragged out, the more people who went will get annoyed and the more people will speculate.
I agree which is what he’s trying to do, I just came on here to stick up for him because of the level of abuse he was getting. It’s basically a case of trying to do something he was unable to pull off, I’m sure it can get sorted.

PurpleBin

Yeah I agree.

No it doesn't. It shows £4,000 going somewhere and the payment reference, typed by the payee is 'thames boat'

jon1990c

It’s really not hard. I feel if he just showed proof of what’s he is saying he paid rather than a random 4000 to Thames boat, then 99% of people would be off his back immediately. Anyone can transfers money in between accounts put a reference of Thames boat (it would look exactly the same as that). We do no want any trouble just honesty. There’s are a few idiots but post people just want honesty, from the Facebook post there is about a 7000 difference in him saying what he paid to what what the company are saying. They are a big legitimate company. They will 100% have sent him a breakdown email confirmation of what he has paid for - if he wanted people to get off his back then he needs to show bank statements showing that amount but the best thing would be an email confirmation. How is this so hard if he is telling the truth. I honestly believe it is now not even about the money people want back but just the pure evasiveness, trust and rip off that it could be. Please just provide evidence to stop this all this and everyone will calm down and it will blow over.

rob9872

Reppz are you another family member/interested party? Posts rarely but like another who joined up in 2008.

I know I didn't invest my life savings of £30 here, but am I the only one who feels a bit sorry for James?

Nick

Administrator
I agree which is what he’s trying to do, I just came on here to stick up for him because of the level of abuse he was getting. It’s basically a case of trying to do something he was unable to pull off, I’m sure it can get sorted.

In all fairness, what's the issue with doing that?

Like I said, I don't agree with the abuse and certainly not the threats but why is it something that would take weeks to sort out when a quick email search and a few phone calls could probably clear more of it up?

The boat company have broken down a payment to the exact penny as to what it was for, where it went etc. How does that compare to a very small section of a bank statement that explains nothing?

You have to see it from other people's view. It's something that can be cleared up pretty easily and it won't be long before the boat company get hassled into releasing more info.

rob9872

In fact the only question I'd like answered is how many of the facebook numpties having a pop were actually on the boat? From the odd time I've dared venture most of the rabid vitriol spouted is by those who don't even attend home games let alone a boat to Charlton!

PurpleBin

When are we playing Barcelona?

I did wonder when our qualification for European football would come into play after our cup final win.

rob9872

And another important question that needs addressing …

Why is it that whenever I see a post from PurpleBin I get the Baby Shark tune in my head?

Users who are viewing this thread