The boat/James (1 Viewer)

WhaleOilBeefHooked

I’ve tried to reply and get a bit of my side across on Facebook but it’s impossible as does become a witch hunt.
I know what the email says but in one transaction to them alone I did send more than that, I messed up massively on this and was hoping it would be a different way to travel, I would never purposely rip off City fans, as I’ve said on Facebook, if I was to do that then I’d charge more for coaches I do week in week out, or even charge more for badges etc.
I’m currently sorting out refunds and then I’ll go about clearing my name on Facebook, this is a mistake. I know people say I’m a fraud for what I’ve done, on the day I said to the staff I’ll put my card behind the bar to sort a tab out, that would have left me massively out of pocket (so that’s not the best fraudster in the world), I’ve made mistakes in the past and done my time for that.
I’m sorry to everyone who travelled and am trying to get this rectified ASAP.

Come on mate. Words are empty. You need to share something ASAP.

Otis

I’ve tried to reply and get a bit of my side across on Facebook but it’s impossible as does become a witch hunt.
I know what the email says but in one transaction to them alone I did send more than that, I messed up massively on this and was hoping it would be a different way to travel, I would never purposely rip off City fans, as I’ve said on Facebook, if I was to do that then I’d charge more for coaches I do week in week out, or even charge more for badges etc.
I’m currently sorting out refunds and then I’ll go about clearing my name on Facebook, this is a mistake. I know people say I’m a fraud for what I’ve done, on the day I said to the staff I’ll put my card behind the bar to sort a tab out, that would have left me massively out of pocket (so that’s not the best fraudster in the world), I’ve made mistakes in the past and done my time for that.
Can you put screenshots up again, James. This seems the most logical way to curtail all the anger.

Ringing people is good, but some still won't believe you without seeing it all in black and white.

The seems to be a differential between what you're saying and what the boat organisers are saying.

Are you disputing the organisers supposed screenshots that have been put up on here? Do you accept those are genuine?

Not trying to be accusatory, just trying to get a handle on things, because people can see a differential and hence the anger.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

I would never purposely rip off City fans, as I’ve said on Facebook, if I was to do that then I’d charge more for coaches I do week in week out, or even charge more for badges etc.

You also need to move away from this line (along with the 'shit' car and part of cov). In fact, it's probably doing you more damage than good - fraudsters are known for gaining confidence and getting people invested and then going big (for example: boat, European trips etc).

You seriously need to share something to get your side of the story across, as someone has provided evidence and all you're providing is words.

rob9872

This is a bit like one of them Logic puzzles:

So Wingy is not the father of Tom or James, but his grandson is the one some idiots threatening. James is no longer with the mother, Jess4ccfc4life! who is only learning about all this now. Wingy therefore must be the father of Jesss4ccfc4life! - where do I claim my prize?

Either that or we need to get all this on Jeremy Kyle :)

Nick

Administrator

Surely at the minute it's what they have told somebody via email against your word.

Isn't it just a case of you doing a print screen of all the transactions to them and the booking confirmation which would have a breakdown of what was booked and then people will direct their anger their way?

So Wingy is not the father of Tom or James, but his grandson is the one some idiots threatening. James is no longer with the mother, Jess4ccfc4life! who is only learning about all this now. Wingy therefore must be the father of Jesss4ccfc4life! - where do I claim my prize?

Humour is always good. No need for JK though. Just some honesty from James.

wingy

Haha
"Holmes".
"Yes Watson".

The Lurker

So what if he’s got previous. Everyone deserves a second chance.

You can’t keep bringing up the past. He served his time for that.

To me it looks like genuine mistake.

You are making wild accusations without hearing both sides. You don’t know what he pocketed. I don’t see how he could have pocketed £7000 when it’s been said he was going around all the bars putting £200 on all of them. So to now also be refunding £20 to all people, doesn’t exactly sound like the best fraudster ever does it.
wild accusations? email doing the rounds of the company showing how much money was charged. with £2200 in total that means £7000 unanswered for which is a lot of money. all james needs to show is the breakdown of payments. then refund for the remaining split evenly. not hard is it?

Tom19866

wild accusations? email doing the rounds of the company showing how much money was charged. with £2200 in total that means £7000 unanswered for which is a lot of money. all james needs to show is the breakdown of payments. then refund for the remaining split evenly. not hard is it?

Attachments

• 2B05CD0B-6C77-454A-BEF5-1937A47E6ED9.jpeg
    2B05CD0B-6C77-454A-BEF5-1937A47E6ED9.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 1778FA77-B2E9-4E10-8AA2-05C7D6339F1D.jpeg
    1778FA77-B2E9-4E10-8AA2-05C7D6339F1D.jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 134

Nick

Administrator
4K would have been 144 people to have a drinks package on it's own.

They are saying it was just £2350 just for the boat hire.

skybluegod

That's my point, that's an email of an unsubstantiated source? The source had no reason to lie, but neither does James, it was obvious he would get caught out.
You are making claims that have no foundation other than a couple emails without the other side of the story.

Innocent until proven guilty.

james raffell

as I’ve said to nick in a message, I’m not for one second accusing the boat of lying in this, I’ve had issues in the past with large amounts of money go out my account it sometimes gets ‘held’, that’s part of the problem with my past as it is seen as suspicious activity. It’s something I’m trying to sort away from the witch hunt that this has become.
And I know some people say they can be edited, unless my mate does the front cover of TnS, then I either use an internet image or stick men (I’m that bad when it comes to computers)

NorthernWisdom

We can conclude it's all wingy's fault ;)

Nick

Administrator
as I’ve said to nick in a message, I’m not for one second accusing the boat of lying in this, I’ve had issues in the past with large amounts of money go out my account it sometimes gets ‘held’, that’s part of the problem with my past as it is seen as suspicious activity. It’s something I’m trying to sort away from the witch hunt that this has become.
And I know some people say they can be edited, unless my mate does the front cover of TnS, then I either use an internet image or stick men (I’m that bad when it comes to computers)

It's probably going to be easier to give the Boat Company a call. It would be strange if they only received part of it and part was held unless you made a separate one.

If they are claiming they didn't get that payment it's between you, your bank, them and their bank to find out where that has gone.

Nick

Administrator
I sent 5 different ones throughout the month. That one though is the one which is above what was said originally.

Was there one for £2350?

Probably easier to just show them all surely while you have your bank screenshotting?

Give the boat company a ring, list all your payments and they can check their account. Simplest way.

It seems like people (normal people anyway) just want to figure out what went wrong so they know who to blame.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

You need to attach the full statement, with key details crossed out, mainly: creditors/debitors details removed, account details etc.

The first thing people are going to bring up is that the space between the zeros is inconsistent:

upload_2018-10-18_15-0-17.png

Johnnythespider

What if James collected money based on the free bar and buffet thinking that is what was booked and was then i voiced for less later, he would then have money left over which he would then have to refund to people, which he has said he is trying to sort out, but he would not necessarily have documentary proof that he was charged more as what he tbought he booked was incorrect. Just thinking out loud here

Reactions: vow

skybluegod

Was there one for £2350?

Probably easier to just show them all surely while you have your bank screenshotting?

Give the boat company a ring, list all your payments and they can check their account. Simplest way.

It seems like people (normal people anyway) just want to figure out what went wrong so they know who to blame.

I don't think there needs to be anyone to blame. A party went wrong.

If the company is claiming that it was only 2000 odd, then as you say James needs to sort this with them. Get whatever is over that amount back from the bank/company and simply reimburse people to that amount. This takes time. But doesn't need to be a big thing. The boat has claimed it only cost 2000, so anything over that amount they surely have reimburse as an over-payment .

Nick

Administrator
What if James collected money based on the free bar and buffet thinking that is what was booked and was then i voiced for less later, he would then have money left over which he would then have to refund to people, which he has said he is trying to sort out, but he would not necessarily have documentary proof that he was charged more as what he tbought he booked was incorrect. Just thinking out loud here

That's why I mentioned the Booking Confirmation they would have sent to say what was booked, when for etc.

For the amount of money involved, that sort of thing would be pretty standard.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think there needs to be anyone to blame. A party went wrong.

If the company is claiming that it was only 2000 odd, then as you say James needs to sort this with them. Get whatever is over that amount back from the bank/company and simply reimburse people to that amount. This takes time. But doesn't need to be a big thing. The boat has claimed it only cost 2000, so anything over that amount they surely have reimburse as an over-payment .

The thing is, they haven't mentioned anything about that payment in the screenshot.

They have said they had a payment of £2350 which was slightly over so they put it behind the bar.

People need to have a reality check about threatening kids. There are ways to get things sorted and that isn't one. That's not saying "forget about it", just sort it the proper way.

duffer

Ok, we'll just have to agree to differ on this.

That's fair enough d&c, it's certainly the grown-up approach. Fwiw though this is related to what I do for a living and I think I've got a reasonable handle on it.

Regardless, the bigger issue is the bloke being hounded and threatened on hearsay and what-ifs. Like you, I'm not comfortable with that.

Otis

The thing is, they haven't mentioned anything about that payment in the screenshot.

They have said they had a payment of £2350 which was slightly over so they put it behind the bar.

People need to have a reality check about threatening kids. There are ways to get things sorted and that isn't one. That's not saying "forget about it", just sort it the proper way.
Welcome to Road Rage Britain!

Thump now, ask questions later. ;)

don't let yourself be dragged into this if it does turn to be not genuine - how does the account go from 0.33 balance to -27.67 if a payment of £4000? if that comes after and makes it a credit it would still be .67 at end not .33 it really don't add up

Otis

Maybe it should be, how does Wingy know?!
Kind of get the feeling that this is one of Wingy's clan.

giphy.gif

Tom19866

don't let yourself be dragged into this if it does turn to be not genuine - how does the account go from 0.33 balance to -27.67 if a payment of £4000? if that comes after and makes it a credit it would still be .67 at end not .33 it really don't add up
I'm just trying to defend my brother, he just tried to sort a day out and it's gone wrong. He's trying to rectify it and it's hard to watch a family member be subjected to that kind of abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread