The Best T.V. Comedy (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

I really enjoy American Dad!- I just feel more empathy with the characters, and Roger the Alien can be absolutely hilarious, as can Stan Smith.

I also like American Dad! great cartoon animated comedy. :)

13.jpg

Sky_Blue_Daz

Heres a bit of still game [video=youtube;i5-z4iMBFZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5-z4iMBFZA[/video]
Try the series though

FOOLS AND HORSES - no competition from anywhere either side of the Atlantic.

Script writing and charactarisation faultless - some scenes will be memorable for decades to come ie:

The flap fall
Batman nad Robin
The chandelier
Jolly boys outing
Raquels strip tease
etc
etc

Unmissable

pUSB

Great_Expectations

1. The Office
= Alan Partridge
2. Peep Show
3. Inbetweeners
4. Father Ted
5. Extras
6. Phoneix Nights
7. Max & Paddy

To be fair - Modern Family, The Office(US) and Entourage are all pretty awesome too.

fellatio_Martinez

To all the morons saying Ricky Gervais isn't funny,

He's the only British comedian to win a Golden Globe, twice. I know who's opinion I trust.

fellatio_Martinez

The Office
Extras
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Louie
The Office (US)
Eastbound And Down
The Thick Of It
The Mighty Boosh (series 1-2)

That's the contemporary stuff, classics like Alan Partridge and Fools & Horses shouldn't need mentioning.

ajsccfc

I trust my own opinion as well as the opinions of industry experts over people who don't get it.
I'm not sure it's right to assume people don't get it as opposed to just not liking it. Extras wasn't exactly universally loved by all for instance, and Gervais' stuff all follows similar kind of lines so if you hate one thing he does you're unlikely to love the next.

Having said that, there are some far more bizarre opinions in the thread. The idea that US comedy is no good automatically without someone having to actually watch it, and the notion that Max and Paddy was anything but an abortion from a cynical serial cash-in merchant who epitomises laziness.

I'd agree with all your picks bar Extras. I haven't seen the new Louie series, but Lucky Louie was great.

Last edited:

SkyblueSavage

Has anyone mentioned Spaced yet? Absolute blinder... I still put it on when I get home after a night out!! Alan Partridge is also a classic, along with most of Chris Morris' work... The Day Today, Brass Eye... even Jam. I'd also go with Father Ted, Arrested Development and Black Books. The IT Crown ain't so shabby either!!

fellatio_Martinez

I'm not sure it's right to assume people don't get it as opposed to just not liking it. Extras wasn't exactly universally loved by all for instance, and Gervais' stuff all follows similar kind of lines so if you hate one thing he does you're unlikely to love the next.

Having said that, there are some far more bizarre opinions in the thread. The idea that US comedy is no good automatically without someone having to actually watch it, and the notion that Max and Paddy was anything but an abortion from a cynical serial cash-in merchant who epitomises laziness.

I'd agree with all your picks bar Extras. I haven't seen the new Louie series, but Lucky Louie was great.

Most people hate Ricky Gervais for the wrong reasons, the whole arrogant, smug thing is just an act. The irony is there for all to see.

Louie is great, far more grand in scope than Lucky Louie, it features bits of his stand up in each show. It's surreal, funny and sad all at once. Louie CK directs it too. He surprised a lot of people with how good it was.

ajsccfc

I'm not really one for watching online so hopefully Sky Atlantic will pick it up, or even FX as they showed Lucky Louie in a 'blink and you'll miss it' run.

CovScott88

Scrubs is, and will always be, my absolute favourite TV comedy. It has an brilliant ability to go from funny, to also something that would make you think.
I may be alone in thinking this, but I think it was as close to perfection as a TV programme could be.

fellatio_Martinez

Scrubs is, and will always be, my absolute favourite TV comedy. It has an brilliant ability to go from funny, to also something that would make you think.
I may be alone in thinking this, but I think it was as close to perfection as a TV programme could be.

That's what I hate about Scrubs, it always has to end on a nice little moral story. Way too schmaltzy for my liking.

SkyblueSavage

That's what I hate about Scrubs, it always has to end on a nice little moral story. Way too schmaltzy for my liking.

Yeah... The narration at the end always does my head in... although it has some little gems!!

Talking of American Cheese... 8 Simple Rules anyone? Awesome hangover television!! Maybe not!!

Garth Merenghi's Dark Place... now that is funny!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone else heard about this Alan Partridge movie in the pipeline?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread