The Battle Has Been Lost But Not The War (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

We wanted (yes me too) SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

I think we should concentrate now on trying to make sure we play at the Ricoh. We can concentrate on SISU once that has been achieved. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is as important as that now.

Last edited:

Otis

Agree Torch.

City playing at the Ricoh = priority number 1.

Anything else can wait.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, ACL aren't going to agree to it though unless it is a permanent move back and SISU forget all this building a new stadium nonsense. SISU won't come back permanently unless they get at least joint ownership in the Arena and access to revenue streams which isn't going to happen.

Grendel

100% agreed. We need to be at the Ricoh. For now this is all that matters.

Then the not one penny more campaign should be shelved and we all move on.

Samo

We wanted (yes me too) wanted SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

I think we should concentrate now on trying to make sure we play at the Ricoh. We can concentrate on SISU once that has been achieved. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is as important as that now.

Yep agreed.

covmark

We wanted (yes me too) wanted SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

Sadly there's some that disagree with you, there's even some who say we should be kicked out till sisu are gone or charged double rent
Got to stay at the Ricoh

WillieStanley

Wow. The first 4 responses all contain the word "agree" or "agreed" and it was started by Torchy!!

All this talk of scabs and pro/anti needs to stop now. Lets get City in the city!!

Grendel

Wow. The first 4 responses all contain the word "agree" or "agreed" and it was started by Torchy!!

All this talk of scabs and pro/anti needs to stop now. Lets get City in the city!!

Yep it's vital we play next season at the Ricoh. Then fans need to start backing the club and have a season purely focused on the playing side.

torchomatic

For once I feel like I'm winning in life! Four in a row agreeing with me! I'm sure it'll go downhill, but at 14:12 on Saturday 22nd June, I'm a happy man.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

100% agreed. We need to be at the Ricoh. For now this is all that matters.

Then the not one penny more campaign should be shelved and we all move on.
Yes totally agree we move on to shall we say £150 million debt? Shouldn't be too hard after all theyve shown theyre experts at it. I bet theyre thinking up the excuses right now for five years time:claping hands::claping hands:

torchomatic

Ah, I knew someone would have to destroy the "love". :(

Yes totally agree we move on to shall we say £150 million debt? Shouldn't be too hard after all theyve shown theyre experts at it. I bet theyre thinking up the excuses right now for five years time:claping hands::claping hands:

Otis

Doesn't matter how you feel about Sisu. Love them or loathe them there is only one thing we should be focusing on first and foremost. Keeping the City in the city and at the Ricoh.

Everything else just seems to be a war of attrition and it is wearing everyone down and must be having a very negative effect on the manager, players and academy, as well as the wearied fans.

Get the club to the Ricoh.

To be quite honest, the relief of not having the club taken from us might even put a few more on the gate with fans determined to do all they can to keep the club here!

WillieStanley

You think Fisher and co. will be here in 4-5 years time? You have a lot more faith in this board than I do. We've had more members of the board come and go since Sisu than flippin' players!!

Grendel

Doesn't matter how you feel about Sisu. Love them or loathe them there is only one thing we should be focusing on first and foremost. Keeping the City in the city and at the Ricoh.

Everything else just seems to be a war of attrition and it is wearing everyone down and must be having a very negative effect on the manager, players and academy, as well as the wearied fans.

Get the club to the Ricoh.

To be quite honest, the relief of not having the club taken from us might even put a few more on the gate with fans determined to do all they can to keep the club here!

I think you might be right. The gates certainly shouldn't diminish. I know a lot of people who just want to get their season tickets and think football.

RogerH

It would be a major achievement to get SISU to climb down and do a deal to stay at the Ricoh. I think possibly Mr Fisher would have to go and be replaced by someone with proper PR and negotiating skills to do the deal. Both sides would need to compromise and have a genuine desire to work together. Hope so but not holding my breath.

Samo

I think you might be right. The gates certainly shouldn't diminish. I know a lot of people who just want to get their season tickets and think football.

Yes I do think it's time to put it all to one side now, get the club back to the Ricoh and see how things go. There may yet be a pleasant surprise and as the OP says, the war is not over.

torchomatic

To be honest if JS is as hard-nosed as we keep hearing then I don't think Fisher will be here for long. He's proven to be the biggest boardroom disaster in over a decade.

It would be a major achievement to get SISU to climb down and do a deal to stay at the Ricoh. I think possibly Mr Fisher would have to go and be replaced by someone with proper PR and negotiating skills to do the deal. Both sides would need to compromise and have a genuine desire to work together. Hope so but not holding my breath.

Black6Osprey

Totally agree, we should all focus on keeping us at the Ricoh.

This not one penny more idea really only makes sense if we leave the City.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And tell me, how is the not one penny more campaign going to help to stop these losses?

Noggin

And tell me, how is the not one penny more campaign going to help to stop these losses?

It's not but it's sisus money, when sisu come to sell they arn't going to get any more for the club if they are owed 20 or 200 million, it makes no difference. The only way to get sisu to sell though is if their losses are so high they want to get out quickly.

SkyBlueCharlie

We wanted (yes me too) SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

At last some common sense breaking out. Well done Torchy, it's the only way to go!

RogerH

To be honest if JS is as hard-nosed as we keep hearing then I don't think Fisher will be here for long. He's proven to be the biggest boardroom disaster in over a decade.

What worries me is that any deal done with SISU for use of the Ricoh must make crystal clear to SISU that they will NEVER own all or part of the stadium.

Once they got their foot in the door regards Ricoh ownership they would use every trick in their large book of tricks to acquire full ownership. Once that happened, how long before they found something more profitable than the football club, and we would be dumped.

I am all in favour of the club and the stadium united under the same umbrella, just as long as the umbrella isn't owned by SISU>

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's not but it's sisus money, when sisu come to sell they arn't going to get any more for the club if they are owed 20 or 200 million, it makes no difference. The only way to get sisu to sell though is if their losses are so high they want to get out quickly.

And if it doesn't work you are just actively damaging the club and contributing and accelerating the destruction of the club.

Surely SISU are much more likely to sell when the club is stable and sustainable as it is actually worth something to sell and in turn we may be able to attract a better calibre of investors. To do this we need as many fans up the Ricoh as possible. (Assuming we stay at the Ricoh, a ground share would change the situation)

skybluegaz2

For once I feel like I'm winning in life! Four in a row agreeing with me! I'm sure it'll go downhill, but at 14:12 on Saturday 22nd June, I'm a happy man.

Sorry Torchy - the ONLY way SISU are going to leave the club is if we starve them of funds - like they tried to do to ACL by withholding rent. What goes around comes around SISU.

@richh87

Sorry to ruin the love-in, but I don't agree - at this stage.

The takeover has not been completed, and we the fans have created a lot of media attention into SISU's wrong-doings, reasons that Otium are not 'fit & proper', and have put some pressure on the Football League to actually have a backbone.

This isn't the time to give in.

SISU know that their popularity is at an all time low, and while things aren't finalised we should keep the message going loud and clear.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Listen Im no financial genius but Mr Fisher is, if moving away from Coventry groundsharing and building a new ground is a great idea to make the club money and give it a future then obviously the not one penny more campaign will help :facepalm:

@richh87

Don't get me wrong, I totally sympathise this those that just want to get back to playing football at the Ricoh.

Unfortunately evil Joy has done so much damage that I truly feel like this is SISU FC.

The second they are gone I will be adding to the 17 years of season tickets immediately. My personal 'not one penny more' campaign will continue until they leave.

This club is being held hostage.

Samo

Sorry to ruin the love-in, but I don't agree - at this stage.

The takeover has not been completed, and we the fans have created a lot of media attention into SISU's wrong-doings, reasons that Otium are not 'fit & proper', and have put some pressure on the Football League to actually have a backbone.

This isn't the time to give in.

SISU know that their popularity is at an all time low, and while things aren't finalised we should keep the message going loud and clear.

I'm not suggesting we stop campaigning... I've emailed the FL, BCFC and Sky Sports News just this morning. I agree with the OP should SISU remain in control, as unfortunately, I expect they will.

@richh87

I'm not suggesting we stop campaigning... I've emailed the FL, BCFC and Sky Sports News just this morning. I agree with the OP should SISU remain in control, as unfortunately, I expect they will.

Yep, if SISU remain then playing at the Ricoh will be next on my agenda.

Just don't want people dropping the stance that we want SISU gone.

Grendel

Sorry Torchy - the ONLY way SISU are going to leave the club is if we starve them of funds - like they tried to do to ACL by withholding rent. What goes around comes around SISU.

Unfortunately your in a minority. The campaign will fail.

@richh87

Unfortunately your in a minority. The campaign will fail.

I think it depends where we're playing. If we don't play at the Ricoh then I think you're wrong, and that the campaign will be well supported.

If we play at the Ricoh many may cave, not me though. Things are so bad that attendances will drop anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread