The Battle Has Been Lost But Not The War (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

You're right, of course. Not every Cov fan comes on here and it will work both ways.

On here maybe, but not every single Cov fan comes here, a lot just read and say nothing.

Noggin

Unfortunately your in a minority. The campaign will fail.

I think attendance is going to fall very significantly even at the Ricoh, some of it will be due to not a penny more but most of it will simply be down to people being fed up, disillusioned, not believing we are going to be successful and because of really late season ticket sales etc. Last year there was significant excitement about our first season in league 1. There was real belief that we could/would get promoted and there were lots of teams we'd not played for a long time. That excitement is gone and season ticket sales would have fallen for that reason alone even without the shit of the last few months.

stupot07

Completely agree - the football league will approve Otium, and we will be stuck with Sisu. Keeping the football club at the Ricoh should be the number one priority now and that means putting pressure on both side.

ccfcway

i am not giving SISU a penny.

IF, and its a BIG "IF" we get back to the Ricoh, how many games are people going to go to, watching Callum Wilson (no offence to him) up front in a Division One team struggling to stay up ?

Even if we do get to play at the Rioch, the crowds are only going one way !

torchomatic

Me, I'll still be going.

IF, and its a BIG "IF" we get back to the Ricoh, how many games are people going to go to, watching Callum Wilson (no offence to him) up front in a Division One team struggling to stay up ?
!

RegTheDonk

Totally agree, we should all focus on keeping us at the Ricoh.

This not one penny more idea really only makes sense if we leave the City.

The guy who started that idea's aim was to get SISU out, so its still valid I think. Doing a short term deal to play at the Ricoh is fine yes, so everyone starts going to the home games, and SISU supply the bare necessities to keep the club chugging along ... while all the time, making demands for a share in the stadium, until finally they have another fall out with the council and we're back to square one - by this time, probably in League 2 ... or worse?

No sorry, I can't see us turning any corners while SISU are here, because the council won't sell to them and SISU's priority IS the Ricoh. They won't want to build a tin-pot stadium, they'll never get their investment back selling that and a mediocre team as a package.

torchomatic

Yep, understand your point of view. I haven't got a problem with anyone and what they wish to do.

Good on you, and i mean that. Simply cant give them any more. I will continue to support my team away from home (wherever that is)

Delboycov

We wanted (yes me too) SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

I think we should concentrate now on trying to make sure we play at the Ricoh. We can concentrate on SISU once that has been achieved. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is as important as that now.

Well said and agree with that 100% Torchy...I've been as outspoken about SISU's mismanagement of the club as most and I honestly believe this club has no chance of moving forward with them at the helm. One thing they have almost done is to finally unite the fans, albeit in their mutual distrust and lack of confidence in their ability to run a football club. You are spot on though...the priority is staying in Coventry because as most concede there really isn't an alternative that will allow the club to move forward given the understandable resistance from the 'customers' to such a move. I will go next season if we're at the Ricoh but will not back any move out of the city with any of my hard earned cash and just hope that SISU and for that matter ACL realise that if this ill thought out and ultimately, potentially suicidal plan is allowed to happen then there will be no winners whatsoever. Sort it out now!!

Last edited:

ccfcway

I will go next season if we're at the Ricoh but will not back any move out of the city with any of my hard earned cash and just hope that SISU and for matter ACL realise that if this ill thought out and ultimately, potentially suicidal plan is allowed to happen then there will be no winners whatsoever.

Respect your decision, but I feel it doesnt make that much of a difference...

Leave CCFC and get 3,000

or agree to stay at the Ricoh and start with 9,000 or so, reducing to god knows what over the coming months / years

Either way, SISU appear to be on a suicide mission

stupot07

Good on you, and i mean that. Simply cant give them any more. I will continue to support my team away from home (wherever that is)

Fair enough that's your decision, just don't moan about lack of signings or selling players when we eventual get out of this embargo.

ccfcway

Fair enough that's your decision, just don't moan about lack of signings or selling players when we eventual get out of this embargo.

Completely agree.

I was used to the lack of investment when they eventually came out of the last two self imposed embargos, another one isnt going to make much difference.

procdoc

I agree, we need to stay at the Ricoh, this has to be the main priority. I still won't be going, got other commitments now but if I didn't I would go to the odd game as long as it's in Coventry. I still hate Sisu and wish nothing but bad things for Tim Fisher though

blend

Agree we need to get back. Tim said the ship has sailed and he doesn't posture and he doesn't threaten. What did he actually mean?!? Trouble is it's a proper circus. We have to guess what they might do because nothing they say has any validity.

covmark

Well said and agree with that 100% Torchy...I've been as outspoken about SISU's mismanagement of the club as most and I honestly believe this club has no chance of moving forward with them at the helm. One thing they have almost done is to finally unite the fans, albeit in their mutual distrust and lack of confidence in their ability to run a football club. You are spot on though...the priority is staying in Coventry because as most concede there really isn't an alternative that will allow the club to move forward given the understandable resistance from the 'customers' to such a move. I will go next season if we're at the Ricoh but will not back any move out of the city with any of my hard earned cash and just hope that SISU and for that matter ACL realise that if this ill thought out and ultimately, potentially suicidal plan is allowed to happen then there will be no winners whatsoever. Sort it out now!!
A lot of sense in this post

Johnnythespider

I can agree that getting them playing at the ricoh is the number one priority, but is that more or less likely when there are fans saying they will follow them anywhere ?. Not having a go at them for doing so but for me it doesn't add up with a desire to get them playing in cov.

oakey

I can agree that getting them playing at the ricoh is the number one priority, but is that more or less likely when there are fans saying they will follow them anywhere ?. Not having a go at them for doing so but for me it doesn't add up with a desire to get them playing in cov.
It makes total sense for 100% of fans to voice the stance that they will not watch the city outside Coventry, even if you don't mean it. It's politics and it puts pressure on our beloved owners to think again. Otherwise you are like a poker player showing his hand. The message has got to be we will not be taken for granted.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yep it's vital we play next season at the Ricoh. Then fans need to start backing the club and have a season purely focused on the playing side.

Yes, if only the fans had been backing the club before now, we wouldn't be in this mess. It's all their fault. Not SISU's at all.

psgm1

Banned
I believe what will (or at least should) happen for now is some PAYG agreement in the interim. Whilst not perfect, it allows the main objective - ccfc playing in coventry. Sisu will look silly but ultimately who but they cares!? It will mean no one allowed to buy season tickets, but this will prevent them massaging the attendance figures as they did last season (no way did they achieve 10k as many times as they claimed). This will allow any potential buyers to see the real attendance figures, and show them a more relistic value of the club in terms of attendance.

Ultimately no matter what Fishfood says, sisu cannot make money unless they sell the club. That is ultimately what they claim they do (remember take over distressed businesses, turn them around and sell them on at a profit - that was how they were sold to the fans!)

Clearly there are many other issues, but PAYP at least gets football at ricoh for 1 game at a time.

Then what happens when they refuse to pay under this regimen?!

sky blue john

well sorry to spoil your sisu love fest !!!!!
Ccfc will not be playing at the ricoh this coming season if sisu are in control of our club unless still in admin under the control of PA !!!!
If you don't believe this because your head is in the sand ask yourself one question.
Do Sisu still want the ricoh ?
They are still trying to distress acl and their plan won't work if they are still playing their !!!

Enjoy your round trip to nene park or wherever your buddies drag my beloved club !!!
I will continue to go to away matches !!!

Last edited:

Macca

There's no battle, no war, just a load of people Fucking about, see you at the Ricoh. Groundshare my arse

valiant15

We wanted (yes me too) SISU out and hoped that the recent talk of a takeover by certain American and Malaysian businessmen would be the answer. Alas, it didn't happen. However, as much as we protest, SISU will be here until they either decide to leave for themselves or someone makes them a good enough offer.

I think we should concentrate now on trying to make sure we play at the Ricoh. We can concentrate on SISU once that has been achieved. As far as I'm concerned, nothing is as important as that now.
I wasn't aware that you've ever protested against sisu. You've always lapped up the shit they serve us and belittle anyone that said anything against them.

sky blue john

I wasn't aware that you've ever protested against sisu. You've always lapped up the shit they serve us and belittle anyone that said anything against them.

No Torch falls into the bracket of doesn't give a rats arse who owns as long as he has a team to watch in coventry !!!
The problem with these supporters is they will be the last ones to realize that sisu have screwed them over !!!!!

Noggin

No Torch falls into the bracket of doesn't give a rats arse who owns as long as he has a team to watch in coventry !!!
The problem with these supporters is they will be the last ones to realize that sisu have screwed them over !!!!!

but won't go if they make him move seat.

skybluehugh

Like that is going to make any difference. we could be getting 16/17,000 a week, like when they first took over, and they would invest none of it into the squad:mad:

skybluehugh

And before anyone starts spouting that they did invest, yes they did and every player they brought was then sold on at a dam good profit and that profit went straight into THEIR pockets not on the squad:jerkit:

Voice_of_Reason

Should the club remain in Administration, the Administrator can accept ACL's offer to play rent free at the Ricoh. Surely, therefore, this remains the best option rather than to hope SISU (Otium) will pass the Football League's "fit and proper persons" test and continue with it's hair brained plans ? My (unlikely) hope is that the Football League not pass Otium as "fit and proper persons" allowing P A to discuss other options available. I know this will mean the transfer embargo is not lifted and maybe an even further points reduction but if this means getting rid of SISU, so be it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Like that is going to make any difference. we could be getting 16/17,000 a week, like when they first took over, and they would invest none of it into the squad:mad:
You mean like when they first took over and bought Dann, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarson and Eastwood. Then pleaded they needed a 24k gate to be sustainable, then us fans didn't answer the cry and then moaned when they sold players?

SkyBlue_Bear83

And before anyone starts spouting that they did invest, yes they did and every player they brought was then sold on at a dam good profit and that profit went straight into THEIR pockets not on the squad:jerkit:
Remind me how much profit they made on Westwood, Gunnarson, Eastwood, Wood, Clingan, King?

If we had the 24k gates that we were told we needed they may not have been sold or left, it was a bad mistake I agree to invest so much in the team without knowing weather the fans would give them the support they needed to sustain the investment. They overestimated our fans in the beginning that's for sure

Users who are viewing this thread