The bad news about future FIFA football tournaments (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

No close-ups of women in the crowd were shown during the final, at least in the coverage I watched. So it sounds like FIFA have issued a directive not to show any. They can only show shots of large sections of a crowd from a further distance.

wingy

No close-ups of women in the crowd were shown during the final, at least in the coverage I watched. So it sounds like FIFA have issued a directive not to show any. They can only show shots of large sections of a crowd from a further distance.
So due to sensitivity No smiley face Painted kids or chubby middle aged men?

Joy Division

Are the cameras the same cameras that are shown around the world? If so, it's not really a surprise, is it? During the last WC I watched it on Italian TV and every 5 minutes there would be a shot of a model in a mini-skirt slowly moving up from her feet to her face.

A lot of other countries in the world do have a problem with sexism, but the UK is ahead of a lot of other countries.

On a side note, I see @Earlsdon_Skyblue1 has gone on about 'virtue signalling' again haha!

The in game coverage are the same images broadcast around the world so ITV & BBC I don't think have any influence on those.

Captain Dart

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Gazolba

Whatever way you look at it, it's censorship.
Someone makes a decision for you what you are allowed to see.

ajsccfc

Focusing on the girls is sexist and probably can't justify its place on a sport broadcast, but on the other hand there were plenty of shots of Gianni Infantino so there was something for the ladies too. Equality established, let's crack on as we were

2863137_full-lnd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread