The 92 Club (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

Reading was 67. Could’ve been 68 if Cardiff game went ahead on Boxing Day. All with Cov.

It all started at Villa Park in March 2000.
The 1999/2000 season I think we went the whole season without an away win.

LastGarrison

Quick count and mine is about 30 which is pretty shit.

Also done Brighton at the Hockey Ground thing, White Hart Lane watching England, Ethiad watching the Stone Roses (does that count?) and randomly Peterborough v Blackpool and Wrexham v someone I can’t remember.

13th_choice_seamer

Also done Brighton at the Hockey Ground thing, White Hart Lane watching England, Ethiad watching the Stone Roses (does that count?) and randomly Peterborough v Blackpool and Wrexham v someone I can’t remember.
Brighton played at an athletics ground, it was MK Dons who played at the Hockey Stadium

stay_up_skyblues

38 of the current 92, thought it would’ve been more 🤔

Probably another 20 on top of that with teams that have dropped out, defunct grounds and international stadiums.

skybluepm2

Interestingly, there are only 63 (registered) people in the country who have done all 92, one of which is our own CJ. Some feat to have done them all. Really helped to tick a few off on our own tour of the lower realms of the football league (not that I’m hoping we ever sink to such depths ever again!).

Cardiff was No.87 for both me and my son. We both have the new Brentford and Wimbledon, and Harrogate and Barrow to do. He also has Sutton Utd. I have Lincoln (had tickets but cancelled Mch 2020 due to Covid!)
81/92 with Cov. 155 in total. Hoping to complete the 92 next season.
Got a complete spreadsheet since first game in 1972, although it started off as a list back then!

CJ_covblaze

92 of the current 92. 98 with City in total. Overall I’ve done 201 in 28 different countries.

slowpoke

Done mine a few posts ago (63) I forgot Trakia Plovdiv in European Fairs Cup to make 64 didn’t have the dosh for Bayern Munich☹️

slowpoke

Cardiff was No.87 for both me and my son. We both have the new Brentford and Wimbledon, and Harrogate and Barrow to do. He also has Sutton Utd. I have Lincoln (had tickets but cancelled Mch 2020 due to Covid!)
Got a complete spreadsheet since first game in 1972, although it started off as a list back then!
That’s brilliant well done

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

38 of the current 92
39 if including White Hart Lane
36 with City. Been to London stadium for baseball and went to Elland Road with my blues supporting dad - weirdly when we beat Villa in the FA Cup… cheered when it come up on the screen

CJ_covblaze

Done mine a few posts ago (63) I forgot Trakia Plovdiv in European Fairs Cup to make 64 didn’t have the dosh for Bayern Munich☹

If I could travel back in time to do one trip with the City I would do the Plovdiv one. I bet it had everything you'd want.

CJ_covblaze

That's a great effort. Hope you get to tick them off soon.

13th_choice_seamer

I am also on 14/18 of the main county championship cricket grounds. Done about half the Super League and half the Rugby Premiership. No idea what to complete after that....UK racecourses?!?

slowpoke

If I could travel back in time to do one trip with the City I would do the Plovdiv one. I bet it had everything you'd want.
It was certainly different I’ve said on here before we shared a plane with Chelsea fans a lot of their tough nuts and from that despite their reputations when the Chelsea mob came here used to meet up with their main men Mick Greenway, Eccles, Premo the Moody brothers.
My big regret was not being able to go to Bayern Munich it apart from skipping work again for three days it was too expensive

LastGarrison

I am also on 14/18 of the main county championship cricket grounds. Done about half the Super League and half the Rugby Premiership. No idea what to complete after that....UK racecourses?!?
I’ve done 7 UK racecourses but sure there’s a good few on here that have done a lot more!

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I've been the Etihad to see Man City + Oasis + Stone Roses but not Cov as we've never played there. Went Maine Rd for my first and second ever away games funnily enough and it's the top flight away ground I visited most tied with Villa Park

slowpoke

Go on then what single away game sticks in your memory banks the most, I’m not counting the cup-final but that isn’t mine anyway.

covmark

Go on then what single away game sticks in your memory banks the most, I’m not counting the cup-final but that isn’t mine anyway.
Bournemouth away. They were decent, we were ok. Clarke and a Baker penalty led us to a 0-2 win. Fucking freezing with only 3 stands.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

13th_choice_seamer

Notts County away - CCFC rise to the occasion shocker. The flying T-shirts will stay in my memory for many years.

Millwall away was also a blinder, Not only did we slice them to bits and the amazing long range goal, that plonker in the pink shirt got thrown out.

The Luton away game in October 2017 was also a cracker. Jodi did the business the day.

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

Burnley away because of the nightmare it was. We laugh about it now every road trip we take.

Arrived late due to traffic. Headed for a car park signed “stadium parking” and it ended up being for the cricket ground. Cut across the cricket field to save some time and then had to climb a wire fence. My brother (pissed) got caught on the top of the fence and fell into a pile of compost or something on the other side, catching his jeans and ripping them on the wire.

Covered in shit and with half his trouser leg missing, we ran into the ground to our (wooden) seats as Stephen Hughes was shown a red card. Proceeded to get pumped 4-0 or 4-1 iirc and left before the end. Flat tyre on the way back so had to put the spare on at the services with what can only be described as a Meccano car Jack.

Was a good trip.

CJ_covblaze

Burnley away because of the nightmare it was. We laugh about it now every road trip we take.

Arrived late due to traffic. Headed for a car park signed “stadium parking” and it ended up being for the cricket ground. Cut across the cricket field to save some time and then had to climb a wire fence. My brother (pissed) got caught on the top of the fence and fell into a pile of compost or something on the other side, catching his jeans and ripping them on the wire.

Covered in shit and with half his trouser leg missing, we ran into the ground to our (wooden) seats as Stephen Hughes was shown a red card. Proceeded to get pumped 4-0 or 4-1 iirc and left before the end. Flat tyre on the way back so had to put the spare on at the services with what can only be described as a Meccano car Jack.

Was a good trip.

Was that first away game of 05-06? We got the coach and they were still going from Thackhall Street. It was a terrible game but they let us go into Highfield Road when we got back. Quite a few souvenirs were claimed that evening!

stay_up_skyblues

Was that first away game of 05-06? We got the coach and they were still going from Thackhall Street. It was a terrible game but they let us go into Highfield Road when we got back. Quite a few souvenirs were claimed that evening!

05/06 sounds about right. And we were full of optimism so start of the season would make sense.

CJ_covblaze

05/06 sounds about right. And we were full of optimism so start of the season would make sense.

And more often than not that optimism was gone after a game or two.

stay_up_skyblues

And more often than not that optimism was gone after a game or two.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread