Shaw
Brown
Ince
Money
Magilton
Dyche
Blackwell

Have all been interviewed

Unless the others were impressive I would say Brown, Dyche and Blackwell are on the final list

This list would suggest two anonymous entrants:thinking about:

wingy

Just read the CT myself and nowhere does it even hint at Ince being on the shortlist. Just says he was one of the 9.

Anyone else think the Coventry Three will become as infamous as the Guildford Four or the Birmingham Six?

What about the Renualt five:eek:

covcity4life

read the forums,id say 70% wanted dyche to be given more time

he started slow and ended bloody well according to the fans, we could do worse

17 wins 17 draws 15 losses

and perhaps more importantly, he is a real leader apparently.

covcity4life

watford fan:

Done a great job in his first season and we have a great team spirit and work ethic. He will have learnt a huge amount this year and if in the summer we can trim the loose ends from the squad and add a little bit of quality - be it from our own ranks or elsewhere - there is no reason not to look higher next year. We won't be losing all of our best players in the summer since they have all already gone, so hopefully Dyche will only have to contend with the departure of Mariappa and probably Taylor, fingers crosses, and we will be even stronger next year.

9.5/10. With the size of the rebuilding job that needed to be done on our budget, many managers would have failed miserably - let alone in their first season of management. Yes, sometimes we are s hit and lose miserably, but that happens. In general we have been very good this year all things considered.

Gaz

Can't say I'd be thrilled if Dyche got the job, but I would still support him as our manager and not throw my toys out of the pram like some have in regards to Phil Brown.

Lord_Nampil

I still think there is a twist in the tale yet! I think there are maybe 1 or 2 names on the list that we don't know. I still have a feeling there's a name no one has mentioned on it!

skybluesam66

shaw will be on the list, as will brown - the 3rd is anybody's guess out of the names been mentioned (and i think/hope it will be the 3rd name that gets it)

Otis

Can't say I'd be thrilled if Dyche got the job, but I would still support him as our manager and not throw my toys out of the pram like some have in regards to Phil Brown.

It's a fookin buggy you plum! A buggy!!!!

AFCCOVENTRY

Shaw isn't in the top 3. The way they spoke at the forum last night dropped a few hints that it wouldn't be shaw.

Lord_Nampil

The biggest being Shaw will take charge of the next 2 games.....

he names dropped Brown and Wilder, to me thats an indication its not either of them!

Billy Davies is my wild card...... Yes he wants this he wants that etc, but remember we are in league 1 not the championship!!! I have a feeling hes one of the 3!

But that's just my point of view

Astute

Just found out David O'leary was the manager a day late applying for manager position. He might have been too late or one of last 3

Astute

Don't shoot the messenger. I agree, but does have experience and could be cheap whilst working wonders on a budget. Has come from a good source.

Astute

Big budget, but lower than opponents

torchomatic

Otis

er... no Otis, its NOT !!!!!!!!!

Bellend :facepalm:

You do realise that was a joke don't you?

You talked of people throwing their toys out of their pram. It was just a joke. I was being self-deprecating about my being one of those up in arms at the thought of Brown coming.

Was just saying mine's not a pram it's a buggy I threw my toys out of.

:(

Never mind.

theprince

Well I think Fisher hasn't a clue who to pick. Remember just after Thorn got the bullet he said he expected a new manager in place by the weekend, then there was a hint i think by Waggott a new boss should be in place for the Stevenage match, then there was a 9 man shortlist, all interviewed, now it is 3 and all will be interviewed again, why ? what can be said any different, Now they are saying Richard Shaw will remain in situ for tomorrow and Tuesday, indicating but certainly not saying there would be a new manager for the Carlisle home match. Be interesting if we secure a couple of wins or even a win and a draw in the next 2 games what will happen and if we had two convincing wins where would that put Richard Shaw on the list.

Last edited:

Gaz

The right thing to do is take there time.
I'd like a manager in ASAP Just as much as everyone else, but the fact they are taking there time, gives me hope that we will get the right bloke in that fits in with our club I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread