The 10,500..... (2 Viewers)

Adge

Even if you are a CCFC fan?
As you know there are approx 8,000 mugs who will go come what may. If it was £50 there would probably still be 5-6000

Adge

What are you even on about now. I said that we're not even paying any more but we get better facilities. If were using your model let's rip some of the seats out and charge more as people would prefer it.
Na, I prefer rip the seats out and charge £18. :emoji_thumbsup:

Johhny Blue

I think 10-11,000 is disappointing if you consider the potential we should have. However it's probably not bad for the league we are in and the level of ill feeling the owners have generated within the city. We have never been a well supported club (given the size of the city) and I think that, mixed with years of decline under unpopular owners means we have a very long road back to a large improvement (by which I mean the 20,000 mark).
If you think "We have never been a well supported club" You're obviously not old enough to have been at THE GAME against Wolves in '67

The Great Eastern

If you think "We have never been a well supported club" You're obviously not old enough to have been at THE GAME against Wolves in '67
Think we had 40K for Derby & something like 38K for Northampton towards the end of that season. Tack on the 51,455 against Wolves &, undeniably, we were a well supported club.
How times change.....

Adge

You mean loyal supporters?
No I mean mugs. If the prices were raised to £50 (double what it should be for L1) and then people still payed it, that would definitely make them mugs in my eyes as there is no way I would be paying that to get in for a run of the mill game. Loyal they may also be.

Macca

Yeah, agree with a few others. The gates are poor and always have been.

We've all tried to work it out for years. We've had excuses like SISU, boycotting, Wasps, parking, ticket prices, people not liking the Ricoh, unemployment levels, lack of success etc.

The fact is, I think we have to own up and admit our home support always has been poor. Considering our last 15 years, we've had success in the last 2 seasons. No one can argue that the past 18 months haven't been exciting.

I still consider our away support strong. We have a strong element of people in Coventry that enjoy taking over small towns and spending the day on the piss. I'm not surprised at quick ticket sales at Walsall and Burton.

The Wembley trips certainly show potential. Coventry is one of the biggest one club cities and there is a catchment area easily capible of selling 30,000 a week in the Premier League.

With the current form, we should be getting 15,000 really.

15,000 in the third tier? Expectations are nuts

Was 16,000 in cup winning season and only just over 20,000 in the entertainers era of 98/99

pusbccfc

15,000 in the third tier? Expectations are nuts

Was 16,000 in cup winning season and only just over 20,000 in the entertainers era of 98/99

Football has changed a lot since 99.

You only have to look at teams in this division who get significantly bigger crowds. Portsmouth is the prime example.

Hobo

Think we had 40K for Derby & something like 38K for Northampton towards the end of that season. Tack on the 51,455 against Wolves &, undeniably, we were a well supported club.
How times change.....

In fairness most clubs had bigger gates then. The exception might be a handful of Premier League clubs.

Covstu

No I mean mugs. If the prices were raised to £50 (double what it should be for L1) and then people still payed it, that would definitely make them mugs in my eyes as there is no way I would be paying that to get in for a run of the mill game. Loyal they may also be.
so what basis are you creating this fantasy on??

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

You're right, i'm definitely not! Im clearly a bit guilty of basing that post on my experience since the 90s. I supose the 'well supported' element would have to be looked at relatively, were the crowds in 67 generally amongst the top clubs at that time?

Sky Blue Harry H

On this day (November 7th) in 1987,John Sillett‘s Sky Blues were a mid table side in Division One but came a cropper at Oxford United in front of 7,856

Shows what crowds were like in the 'old' top division !!

Adge

so what basis are you creating this fantasy on??
Fantasy? Some people would always pay whatever it cost to watch their beloved Sky Blues even if it was silly money.

Covstu

Fantasy? Some people would always pay whatever it cost to watch their beloved Sky Blues even if it was silly money.
No most people buy season tickets to support their team and SAVE money in the process

Adge

No most people buy season tickets to support their team and SAVE money in the process
Which this season was £300 odd? Some would still have no problem paying double or triple that.

Brighton Sky Blue

In a country where nobody really gives a toss about teams outside the top 6 poor or average crowds are the rule rather than the exception.

Covstu

Which this season was £300 odd? Some would still have no problem paying double or triple that.
again where do you get that fantasy where people would do this, yes some may pay more but I doubt you would get many that would pay double/triple.

Adge

You would still get many that would go whatever the price it whatever obstacles get put in the way come what may. What was the average gate when we got moved to Northampton? Not as many as was anticipated but people still went which is the point.

Covstu

You would still get many that would go whatever the price it whatever obstacles get put in the way come what may. What was the average gate when we got moved to Northampton? Not as many as was anticipated but people still went which is the point.
didn't pay double or triple the price however..... that's the point

Greggs

For some reason I can picture you in the posh seats at the cinema, xtra large popcorn, hot dog, big gulp and a pack of minstrels. Oh and £50 lighter!

Adge

For some reason I can picture you in the posh seats at the cinema, xtra large popcorn, hot dog, big gulp and a pack of minstrels. Oh and £50 lighter!
Na, cheap seat at the back with an NUS card with my pound shop sweets and drink.

Greggs

Na, cheap seat at the back with an NUS card with my pound shop sweets and drink.
Supporting City is most real fans passion, i know it affects my Dad's whole persona. You can't knock anyone for spending hard earned dough on whatever they want.

Adge

Supporting City is most real fans passion, i know it affects my Dad's whole persona. You can't knock anyone for spending hard earned dough on whatever they want.
Yeah, it’s mine too and you’re right, people can spend their brass as they choose.

Users who are viewing this thread