The 10,500..... (2 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I honestly think the North stand being closed works against us, they insist on selling every seat before
opening more blocks ‘they are the last tickets available for a reason normally front rows etc.
If they opened the North stand (even partially) particularly now the team are giving us something to get
Behind I think we would see an immediate up turn in attendances.
Would be good to have some home support behind the goal as well.
I agree with the last sentence, however, I highly doubt there are many people (if any) who are choosing not to come because they can't be sat behind a goal. There are plenty of seats in the main stand on sale every game, in prime locations.

Nick

Administrator
I honestly think the North stand being closed works against us, they insist on selling every seat before
opening more blocks ‘they are the last tickets available for a reason normally front rows etc.
If they opened the North stand (even partially) particularly now the team are giving us something to get

Are people really not going because they want to sit in a stand with a couple of hundred others?

Opening that up would just mean even more matchday losses.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I think 10-11,000 is disappointing if you consider the potential we should have. However it's probably not bad for the league we are in and the level of ill feeling the owners have generated within the city. We have never been a well supported club (given the size of the city) and I think that, mixed with years of decline under unpopular owners means we have a very long road back to a large improvement (by which I mean the 20,000 mark).

Sky Blue Harry H

Rob's earlier point about it being up 25% from last season is important. Those extra 2-2500 regulars are having a decent match day experience so far, seeing some decent football and will be spreading the 'word' as do the 7,500 regulars from the previous season. Providing we don't have a calamitous drop off in form, I think crowds will hold up/improve if we stay in the mix of the top 8 or so. Away followings are also on the increase, and everybody is having a positive experience supporting the team. I was worried this season that after the great previous season (and the Checkatrade experience at the end of the previous season) there might have been a hangover for team and fans this year. After an iffy start (curtailed pre -season) the team has been on an upward momentum ever since. Happy days. Spread the word!!

pastythegreat

Doesn't help when parking within a certain radius is 5 to 10 quid!

Most grounds in this league is free parking within 5 to 10 min walk! Certainly adds to the whole cost.
Yes. Really pisses me off with parking. Every away day I've driven to in the lower leagues I've had no problem with parking in an industrial estate or side street nearby. But cov council kick the arse out of it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Covstu

although I hate the empty stand, it wont make a dent on attendances

Covstu

Most grounds in this league is free parking within 5 to 10 min walk! Certainly adds to the whole cost.
I rarely park but when I do I certainly don't begrudge paying a fiver, costs me more in a taxi getting up there!

Kingokings204

I completely agree with the parking comments on this thread. At 10 quid a go it’s a rip off and your ticket goes from 25 to 35 straight away. Everyone wants their share.

I think 10-11k is about right. Third highest in the league is fair. If we are 7th on goal difference come April then crowds will be almost double.

I don’t agree with cheaper season tickets by the way. It’s a false economy. Makes more sense if we owned the food and drinks etc but ticket money is our big earner. Why on earth lower the price?

GaryJones

I'm positive that the average will rise before the season ends.
The Club will probably have another community day with over 25,000 in the ground, plus if we stay at the top end of the table more will come as the season hots up toward the end.

Covstu

I'm positive that the average will rise before the season ends.
The Club will probably have another community day with over 25,000 in the ground, plus if we stay at the top end of the table more will come as the season hots up toward the end.
Think the timing of that community day will be key, if we are in the mix it could add another 3-4k on the run in to the playoffs...

torchomatic

If we had dropped ST prices at start we would have sold at a guess 2000 more then we did making our gates higher all season. I for one would have got 1 instead of a match package.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It would be akin to your employer saying we are going to drop your wages so we can employ more people or buy more stock or whatever. Dropping ST prices means something else has to be sacrificed.

fellatio_Martinez

It's highly possible that the Wasps have converted some of the casuals over to the dark side with the amount of free tickets they hand out.

GaryJones

It's highly possible that the Wasps have converted some of the casuals over to the dark side with the amount of free tickets they hand out.
Surely not!
I hope not - I really do.
I like rugby but I would rather drink my own piss than to go and watch Wasps!

fellatio_Martinez

Surely not!
I hope not - I really do.
I like rugby but I would rather drink my own piss than to go and watch Wasps!

My brother has never been a huge footfall fan but he'd take his kids along to the Ricoh every other week, more so if the team were doing well.

Since the Wasps arrived they were getting free tickets every week from the schools along with Wasps merchandise. So they didn't have to pay a penny and he said the pre game fan village and entertainment meant he could have a few drinks and make a day of it. So he doesn't bother with the football anymore.

Disgusting I know, but it's happening. To what degree who knows.

Nick

Administrator

Just park in the few free places and walk a few minutes.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

At this moment in time, I don't think dropping ticket prices will cause any major rise in attendances - it's going to be consistent, winning performances on the pitch.

The fabled 'Mogga' season, with great football and great players on the pitch, our average attendance was 12,570... we're not a million miles from that now.

hill83

My brother has never been a huge footfall fan but he'd take his kids along to the Ricoh every other week, more so if the team were doing well.

Since the Wasps arrived they were getting free tickets every week from the schools along with Wasps merchandise. So they didn't have to pay a penny and he said the pre game fan village and entertainment meant he could have a few drinks and make a day of it. So he doesn't bother with the football anymore.

Disgusting I know, but it's happening. To what degree who knows.

I know of at least 5 people that have done exactly this. Including taking families up etc ten plus people.

As for me, shift work, having a three year old and generally not really wanting to go up anymore are the reasons I don’t go. Shame really but I’m massively out of the habit. Almost went up to a game last season, made it to the cherry tree and ended up having an extra couple of pints and went back to Earlsdon. Just gone off it.

Edit: Also none of the old lot I used to go up with go anymore apart from the odd couple of games.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Accrington might be half decent at this level...... Draw crowds, they do not! Not easy to sell to irregulars!

Sky Blue Harry H

The going to games based on opposition is just another excuse.
Agree, but a few more turn out for the likes of Sunderland, Pompey than for a Fleetwood or an Accy(plus the lack of an away following always deflates the atmosphere). Talking of atmosphere, I can feel my blood pressure rising with the not too distant visit of Fatty Evans and Marcus (spit) Maddison.

ccfctommy

I really do not mind paying 299 for an ST. But my ticket to watch Man City in the champions league tomorrow is near enough the same as what you pay pay on the gate v Accrington.

Sort out all the extra fees and the daft matchday price increase. Carrot and stick and all that.

Nick

Administrator
I really do not mind paying 299 for an ST. But my ticket to watch Man City in the champions league tomorrow is near enough the same as what you pay pay on the gate v Accrington.

Sort out all the extra fees and the daft matchday price increase. Carrot and stick and all that.

The money Man City will get for it being on TV will probably be multiple times our income for the season. You could probably have no fans in the ground and they wouldn't make a loss.

Kilclines curly mullet

I have a season ticket and make the 240 mile round trip to home games. The season ticket is excellent value for money as I can miss up to about 8 games before I start losing money.
People come up with excuse after excuse not to get up to the Ricoh. It’s embarassing really.
Even the community day last year was an embarrassment. 28k the official attendance when in reality there were 22k at a push. Even 6k free tickets weren’t used.

Nick

Administrator
I have a season ticket and make the 240 mile round trip to home games. The season ticket is excellent value for money as I can miss up to about 8 games before I start losing money.
People come up with excuse after excuse not to get up to the Ricoh. It’s embarassing really.
Even the community day last year was an embarrassment. 28k the official attendance when in reality there were 22k at a push. Even 6k free tickets weren’t used.

Is it 8 games? I didn't realise it was that high!

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think it may even be 9, I may be wrong but when I did the maths when I bought mine I’m pretty sure I drew the conclusion “well if you do 14, you’ve broken even”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I didn't work it out but thought it was about 4 or 5. It's a no brainer then even if you miss a few.

Liquid Gold

If it's £13 on a season ticket and £26 on the gate then you can miss half the games and still end up paying the same.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If it's £13 on a season ticket and £26 on the gate then you can miss half the games and still end up paying the same.

Yeah or even if you pay £23 a game (advance price with booking fee for every ticket), £299 / £23 is 13. So you can miss 10. I’ve missed 2 so far and both times my old man has had my ticket and given me a tenner a time for the privilege. Been great value for money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread