The “Thorn has nothing to work with” quotes i keep hearing is bollocks and this is wh (2 Viewers)

wingy

Don't know ,,,,,,seems the chairmans taking a massive gamble ,they're likely to to have a honeymoon for 10-12 games,but after that ,anyones guess.how will they opperate in the fair play conditions next season

skybluesteve76

Why?

This was the team against Norwich

M. Quirke
R. Keogh
M. Cranie
C. Hussey
J. Clarke
A. Gunnarsson
S. Clingan
D. Bell
C. Baker
M. King
L. Jutkiewicz

This performance was exciting and left Coventry fans leaving Carrow Road excited. This is near enough the same team for the exception of King and Gunnar. Why have we become so poor?

Totally agree pal! You won't get anywhere asking this question though!

kg82

Don't know ,,,,,,seems the chairmans taking a massive gamble ,they're likely to to have a honeymoon for 10-12 games,but after that ,anyones guess.how will they opperate in the fair play conditions next season

You wonder why the same sort of backing wasn't given to O'Driscoll.

blueflint

:blue:wow that has stirred the shit we miss the backbone we had last year westy turner gunner and king we need to replace them soon or we are down :eek::eek:

stupot07

Totally agree pal! You won't get anywhere asking this question though!

As many have stated on here, gunnar and king were integral in making the diamond successful in the last 10 games of the season.

Also the Norwich game was a dead rubber, never team needed to win - to give this more credence you'd need to use a meaningful game.

stupot07

Jimmy, a partnership don't just happen, it needs time. Juke and Cody haven't had more then 120 mins together. They need 4 or 5 games min to see if they work. Platt is an impact player who can change a game with 25 mins or so to go. I would never start with him personally.

The problem is Cody hasn't had a pre season is unfit and looks to be a overweight. He contributed nothing in the reading game, and with expectations unreasonable for him to be our saviour who will replace king I can see why Thorn has left him out the last couple of games.

He is a league two striker who we hope will make the step up, but we haven't brought him in fully fit and on the back of some form. Let's not expect too much too soon from the lad.

kg82

Oh, I've thought of something else I don't think the team do well. They don't work hard enough when they haven't got the ball. Yes, they try to keep their shape, but that's not enough. Most teams you see will press the other team when they haven't got the ball. That means getting within 2 yards of the opposition player. We stand off and give the opposition more time. Pressing them forces mistakes.

And for God's sake will we put a damn man up by the halfway line when the other team have a corner. How could they not see against Reading when we had a corner they left a man up the pitch and we had to leave 2 men back? It's frustrating things like this we have to sort out.

wingy

I s that a harrison tactic it's been employed since coleman brought him in and been commented on many many times

Stu I agree to a certain extent but if he's lacking match practice then surely he needs games? It'll be 3 weeks by the time the forest game comes and that will mean he's lacking if more match fitness.

Kg I agree, we should always leave at least one up. It always invites pressure when the ball goes out

kg82

I s that a harrison tactic it's been employed since coleman brought him in and been commented on many many times

Yeah, I don't really know. I can't for the life of me see what the thinking is behind it though. It's completely obvious to everyone that if the ball gets cleared, it just comes straight back in.

shmmeee

Now i know most of you all say Thorn has nothing to work with. But this is near enough the same team as what we had end of last season. (Where we looked half decent) Excluding King and Gunnar. Now King is sorely missed i agree but Gunnar not really.

So where is the problem this season? Have teams cottoned onto our system? If that’s the case will Thorn hopefully next couple of weeks will work on a new system which will spice the team up?

Have players lost confidence in Thorn as a Manger?

Surely the decline of form end of last season to this is a major concern but what do you think has caused this?

What has happened to the free flowing football we seen against Norwich last game of the season to the rubbish seen Saturday?

We've lost a spine that's close to Premier League quality: Westwood, Turner, Gunnarsson, King

We've missed each and every one of them.

Westwood: Murphy has made several mistakes costing us goals that Westwood wouldn't have made
Turner: We've been missing both a goal threat at corners and a dominating CB all season
Gunnarsson: We've been so short in the middle we're playing kids and we need a box-to-box player to link midfield and attack, next to the static Bell and Clingan. We may just be getting this in Deegan
King: He Scores Goals Marlon, but not only that he also takes up at least two defenders and brings others into play well.

To state that we've not lose anyone important is just ridiculous. We've lost the makeup of a promotion chasing team and replaced them with a couple of kids, a League 2 player and a goalie who is OK, but no Kieran Westwood

stupot07

Stu I agree to a certain extent but if he's lacking match practice then surely he needs games? It'll be 3 weeks by the time the forest game comes and that will mean he's lacking if more match fitness.

Kg I agree, we should always leave at least one up. It always invites pressure when the ball goes out

I'm sure i heard that we had a couple of friendlies lined up. Its a catch 22, with sheff, clingan, and bell in particular not playing well, we can't carry an unfit Cody, yet unless he plays games he won't get fit. King had enough class to contribute even though he was unfit, unfortunately Cody is nowhere near the same class. Perhaps we should have sent him straight out on loan for a month to a league one or two club to get his fitness and sharpness back.

skybluesteve76

As many have stated on here, gunnar and king were integral in making the diamond successful in the last 10 games of the season.

Also the Norwich game was a dead rubber, never team needed to win - to give this more credence you'd need to use a meaningful game.

Your talking rubbish!
Were you at the Norwich game?(doubtful)
Both teams went full pelt to win it.
We played some fantastic football.
Gunnar was superb that day, the worst player on the pitch was King, he was carried for 90 minutes!
Apart from Gunnar there is no excuse why we shouldn't still be playing as well as we were that day.

stupot07

Your talking rubbish!
Were you at the Norwich game?(doubtful)
Both teams went full pelt to win it.
We played some fantastic football.
Gunnar was superb that day, the worst player on the pitch was King, he was carried for 90 minutes!
Apart from Gunnar there is no excuse why we shouldn't still be playing as well as we were that day.

My points about what Gunnar and king brought to the diamond are valid. Kings mere presence in the side, worried and occupied defenders creating space whether he is a passenger or not. And all of gunnars attributes help make he diamond work. Helping the transition from midfield in attack, as well as adding steel to the midfield.

And actually I was sticking up for Gunnar stating that he was important in making the system work, while others are saying he isn't missed and he was crap anyway.

Do you really think that not having king has not made any difference to how we play? Or the confidence of the players around him knowing they have a top quality striker up front and not platt or rod?

Users who are viewing this thread