That pen today was a shocking decision (1 Viewer)

Otis

Just seen it and replayed it a couple of times.

Any foul by Reda is well outside the area and when the players get into the area, Leon Clarke just falls over.

:eek:

eastwoodsdustman

Looked dodgy from the other end of the ground. We should have had one too when Armstrong was taken out in the box. Both were shite decisions.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Its piss poor, the referee wasn't even looking to give the decision so didn't see it. What I'd like to know is did the lino do the penalty signal or has the ref just assumed its in the box when the lino says it is a foul.

eastwoodsdustman

Its piss poor, the referee wasn't even looking to give the decision so didn't see it. What I'd like to know is did the lino do the penalty signal or has the ref just assumed its in the box when the lino says it is a foul.

Linesman flagged straight away. Ref did'nt notice at first. He had signaled a free kick from what I saw and not a penalty.

georgehudson

without prejudice,
yet again we have been provided with an official who is incompetent,
miller now has reffed us 8 times & 6 times we've lost,
the bloke rivals Uriah Rennie for reffing by numbers,
i don't know what problem he has with Coventry,
but it would seem, a big one,
i know also that we are in league 1,
but, tonight having spoken with 4 persons who went,
they unanimously condemned miller as PISS POOR

pusbccfc

Worst refereeing performance I have seen in a long time.

H

Huckerby

Genuine question, what actually happens after events like this? I heard a referee has to do a review after each game or something. Surely they need to pick up on things like this

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

woody11462

I thought at the time it was farcical but I was sat at pitch level and wanted to see the replay to make sure but the more I see it the more I am shocked it was given. All in all the ref was piss poor yesterday but both goals were bad to concede. When they lined up the free kick for their first it was obvious what they were gonna do but we stood in a line on the 6 yard box expecting a high cross or something.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just watched it now 100% a foul by Johnson but well outside the area, never a pen but definitely a free kick.

Needless foul to give away.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cant someone lodge a complaint? I know result won't change but if proved unfair they should be given improvement notices or something

What's the point? Just like the season we went down from. The Champ & Nathan Cameron had a perfectly good goal disallowed in a 0-0 at Watford all we got from that Hackett fella was my ref got it wrong, sorry.

kdrinkell

Refs are constantly assessed so hopefully he gets to have a few weekends off after this spectacle

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I know talking about decisions after a game is good debate, but the annoying thing is, it doesn't change a result. It's so frustrating when officials get something wrong, but it works both ways. Win some, lose some. We just have to debate it and carry on to the next game. Sad fact of football life.

stupot07

I know talking about decisions after a game is good debate, but the annoying thing is, it doesn't change a result. It's so frustrating when officials get something wrong, but it works both ways. Win some, lose some. We just have to debate it and carry on to the next game. Sad fact of football life.

And it's what makes football so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

junglej13

I never normally moan about the refs but he was awful yesterday. The pen decision was a joke - having just seen it on the TV it's even worse than I thought. The decision for the free kick for the first was equally as bad.

oscillatewildly

Refs are constantly assessed so hopefully he gets to have a few weekends off after this spectacle
I think the assessors come armed with a large piece of axminster and a broom. Only in high profile games or where there are numerous glaringly bad decisions do those two items get disgarded.
I didn't go y'day, neither have I seen the decision, buy I'd imagine he/she put them to good use.

Macca

So we are saying that some referees actually have a vendetta against us. And their feelings are so strong they are prepared to cheat? Wow

woody11462

I never normally moan about the refs but he was awful yesterday. The pen decision was a joke - having just seen it on the TV it's even worse than I thought. The decision for the free kick for the first was equally as bad.

That freekick was right in front of me, Hussey kicked his own leg as he went down.

krambo

And i suppose Cov City have never had any dodgy decisions go for them in their history.Forget it and move on.Sheff Utd got a dodgy decision for them with the pen against us (clearly outside the box) and made it 1-1 but we showed our resolve and still went on to win which is something you could not do.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And i suppose Cov City have never had any dodgy decisions go for them in their history.Forget it and move on.Sheff Utd got a dodgy decision for them with the pen against us (clearly outside the box) and made it 1-1 but we showed our resolve and still went on to win which is something you could not do.
So we should accept sub standard levels of refereeing then and referees should not be held accountable for their decisions?

krambo

So we should accept sub standard levels of refereeing then and referees should not be held accountable for their decisions?
I agree with you about refs but what can we do?Do you honestly believe that if refs went professional the mistakes would eradicate and become zero?

krambo

In any case,was it a ref error? We have close up pics on our site which show the incident.From what i see,the ref played on with the initial chalenge (outside the box) but the lino flagged for the shirt pull in the box as Clarke got away.

Warwickhunt

In any case,was it a ref error? We have close up pics on our site which show the incident.From what i see,the ref played on with the initial chalenge (outside the box) but the lino flagged for the shirt pull in the box as Clarke got away.
The Lino flagged before they got in the box!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Whats important is did the foul continue into the box, if Johnson is still fouling Clarke inside the box he is entitled to give a penalty even though the foul begins outside the box I think is the rules.

From the video I've seen it doesn't look like there is much contact when Clarke enters the penalty area.

D

Deleted member 2477

And the penalty for the foul on armstrong in the box was not given otherwise yes these things even out but yet again we were the better team but come away having been robbed by the officials. You only have to look at the match stats for posession and shots to see who were the better side

D

Deleted member 2477

Wrong stp acording to the bbc stats we has 6% more and 14 shots to their 7. If you were there you would know that bury hardly had a shot and we dominated during the second half but couldnt find the net helped by the officials

Last edited by a moderator:

krambo

And the first half stats were in Burys favour.We had the first half and you the second.Its obvious a team 2-0 down will have the larger chunk of possession etc as they are chasing the game.We just sat deep at 2-0.

krambo

And the first half stats were in Burys favour.We had the first half and you the second.Its obvious a team 2-0 down will have the larger chunk of possession etc as they are chasing the game.We just sat deep at 2-0 protecting the 3 points which we did.Stats dont win games.Also,most of your shots were restricted to long range and not much trouble to the keeper apart from the crossbar incident.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2477

Yep agree you had the better first half but those stats are for the full game and we obviously came out on top but its about putting the ball in the net and we didnt.

you have to agree though that theref was terrible and i think a draw would have been a fair result

krambo

Like i say,we played deep at 2-0 protecting our lead.We restricted you to mainly long range efforts which to be fair should not trouble any decent keeper.The only stats i take note of are the score stats.
As for refs,same for both teams.He let quite a few go in your favour,especially the tackle from behind on Mayor.They get a lot of flack especially from the losers and probably not an occupation id want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread