That miss (1 Viewer)

Mr pot

I think they wear nursing hangovers

Fluffsta

Shrewsbury looked a decent outfit most of the game. Very good keeper. They kept drilling the right touchline with decent crosses. I thought we were a little unlucky today as we seemed to create the most chances but putting them away wasn't happening.

Covstu

Shrewsbury looked a decent outfit most of the game. Very good keeper. They kept drilling the right touchline with decent crosses. I thought we were a little unlucky today as we seemed to create the most chances but putting them away wasn't happening.

my sentiments exactly. Shrews battled throughout the game and was in the right place at the right time for the goal. We missed too many chances to get anything from the game.

wingy

I've been impressed with his resurgance and workrate for the last 7-8 games ,however for a seasoned 30 yr old striker his composure is dire,but i don't want to single him out .

The whole team lacked something yesterday ,Energy .I think it was a game too far and I think MR missed a trick and was outdone by a wiley old manager ,yesterdays game was one where two or three changes could have made as I think some of the players tanks were depleted going into the game .

If that was a team looking for revenge I did'nt see it.

covcity4life

i dunno

had mcsheffreys long ranger gone in we could have been looking a 3,4,5 goals for cov imo

i mean open goal miss followed by clarkes wide header

could have been 2-0 right there

alot of bad luck compliment a average performance

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
we could have won that game ....... McSheffery shot that hit the bar could on another day have gone in but so too could the chance at the other end that the shrews striker failed to get on the end of by inches.

Over all i think we lost a little sharpness in our passing, perhaps under estimated the opposition and took our foot off the gas a fraction?. We didnt play badly but the sum of it was a little too eager to win, leading to poor positioning and decision making. The McShefferey miss summed up some of our play - it was a little sloppy, lacked composure and sharpness.

That said it is the sort of thing that happens to any team that is on a good run. The odd game they lose focus, get a little sloppy, and need to regroup. I am sure MR will deal with that.

It was a bad day at the office...... just one poor result in a line of good ones .......

Lord_Nampil

A chance which I'd say was easier than any of sheffs or Clarks was Bakers after about 10 mins, I think Sheffers crossed the ball to him all he had to do was put his foot through it, either side of the keeper and it was in, but it was like slow motion as it slowly rolled in to Weales arms! When that happens you get the feeling it isn't going to be your day!

SkyBlueCharlie

It was an off-day for virtually the whole team, one of those games where everyone was playing at 90% and to single out any one player is a little unfair. I tend to agree that the subs were not well thought through and I think Elliott would have been a better shout than Barton. It will be a real test of the team and the manager on how they pick themselves up after this. Every team has an off day and every run comes to an end sooner or later. A decent display against Spurs and then a result against Preston and we'll all be happy again. :claping hands:

Warwickhunt

that miss will haunt McShuffty! bet he did'nt sleep much Saturday Night because of it:facepalm:

skybluebeduff

Baker and Goldie in the 2nd half both had nightmares, I was sat right at the front when Baker punched the ground in pure anger at himself.

mattylad

a bad miss but no worse than the Dmg miss in the first min or the baker miss from six yards or the clark header where he got nothing on it! but hey it was mcsheffery so lets single hom out for blame and ridicule

Mucca Mad Boys

a bad miss but no worse than the Dmg miss in the first min or the baker miss from six yards or the clark header where he got nothing on it! but hey it was mcsheffery so lets single hom out for blame and ridicule

... It was an open goal, of course it was worse than McG's and Baker's!

He could've even squared it if he weren't confident, he was confident, too confident and tried to be a smart c**t.

Grendel

... he was confident, too confident and tried to be a smart c**t.

Now I know I am stuck in the 80's but I do remember a saying - something to do with stones and glass houses.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
... It was an open goal, of course it was worse than McG's and Baker's!

He could've even squared it if he weren't confident, he was confident, too confident and tried to be a smart c-unit.

Where as BBC normally only show our goals, if we're lucky, I wasnt too surprised at seeing Midlands Today showing both Sheff misses to highlight a negative! Albeit the one that hit the bar a good strike, yet 'that miss' looked even worse on TV than it did at the time! What a tool for missing that!

Brighton Sky Blue

Where as BBC normally only show our goals, if we're lucky, I wasnt too surprised at seeing Midlands Today showing both Sheff misses to highlight a negative! Albeit the one that hit the bar a good strike, yet 'that miss' looked even worse on TV than it did at the time! What a tool for missing that!

I couldn't believe my eyes when it went wide-incredible incompetence.

cloughie

You may have missed the point of grendels last post and I don't mean the miss :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread