That miss (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Can anyone sat behind the goal explain how mcsheffrey missed?!

From where I was sat it was in!!!!!

Was there a defender in the way? Or did he have whole goal to aim at?

skybluegod

There was a defender on the line but he took it to casually he just walked and tried to be casual and failed

skybluegod

Sheff had a great game..............apart from that disaster !!

:O I'm sorry what. He was alright in the first half agreed but the amount of chances he had was incredible and he fucked them all up. He was dreadful and should have been subbed. He chased after things but when our attacks broke up he just stood there and ball watched when he could have been fighting for the ball like he usually does.

skybluegod

I agree ashdown, he was by far our most dangerous player today.

He was dangerous in the first half but after the shot which I don't know how it didn't go in he was poor. He cross with the short corner was awful and after that it just got worse

pusbccfc

He was so poor the second half.

stupot07

He was dangerous in the first half but after the shot which I don't know how it didn't go in he was poor. He cross with the short corner was awful and after that it just got worse

Who crossed to Clarke when he nearly scored with his first touch?
Who took the corner when Clarkes shot was cleared off the line?
Who's 20 yard strike was parried by the keeper and nearly put in by mcgoldrick?

If you think he was poor god knows what you thought of baker.

LB87ccfc

Mcsheffrey took a touch went past the keeper, took a touch, the defender was running back but he had the whole goal to aim at and instead of breaking the net, he decided to chip the ball in the corner nearest to him and the defender trying to be cocky and clever which made him look a c unit and ultimately would of made the game a lot different had we took the lead.

Moff

Mcsheffrey took a touch went past the keeper, took a touch, the defender was running back but he had the whole goal to aim at and instead of breaking the net, he decided to chip the ball in the corner nearest to him and the defender trying to be cocky and clever which made him look a c unit and ultimately would of made the game a lot different had we took the lead.

Pretty much as I saw it from behind the goal.

He had the whole goal to aim at to his left but tried to chip it into the near corner and missed. Still he should have just squared it to Goldie who had a whole open goal to aim at.

Sky_Blue_Vickie

This has always been one of my biggest issues with mcsheffrey. Only interested when chance of glory and often looks to take that glory himself rather than choosing best option for team. Right decision could have changed whole game. We felt that a goal for us would change the way shrewsbury would have to play and open things up for us.

skybluegod

Baker
One good corner all game.
His shot was straight at the keeper that isn't good, nearly chances not goals.

Nick

Administrator

Was it not edge who was cleared off the line?

stupot07

Baker
One good corner all game.
His shot was straight at the keeper that isn't good, nearly chances not goals.

Your wrong Clarkes first header came from a left wing cross from mcsheffrey......

But Clarke, who scored two of his outstanding 11 in 15 league games for Sc-unithorpe against the Sky Blues, almost made himself an instant hero when he glanced a Gary McSheffrey cross inches wide with his very first touch of his City career.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2013/01/01/coventry-city-0-shrewsbury-town-1-andy-turner-s-big-match-analysis-92746-32529210/2/#ixzz2GllYY3NL

Nick

Administrator
Could have sworn the edge had one off the line from a decent mcsheffrey corner! Must have been day dreaming!

Grendel

Great game!? Don't be silly, he had a good 1st half, and he, like the rest of the team, under performed when Fleck got took off.

So are you saying we created fewer chances when fleck went off and Shrewsbury had fewer chances when he was on the pitch?

stupot07

So are you saying we created fewer chances when fleck went off and Shrewsbury had fewer chances when he was on the pitch?

The only thing wrong with that sub was that it should have been a straight swap for bailey, rather than moving moussa out of position. robins got that sub wrong.

Mucca Mad Boys

The only thing wrong with that sub was that it should have been a straight swap for bailey, rather than moving moussa out of position. robins got that sub wrong.

If we was to bring Clarke on, I would've took McG off, playing poor and played his worse game for CCFC.

The passing game went when Fleck came off.

Grendel

If we was to bring Clarke on, I would've took McG off, playing poor and played his worse game for CCFC.

The passing game went after 25 minutes.

stupot07

If he wanted to bring Clarke on and keep mcgoldrick off he should have took Moussa off. Taking fleck off, then moving Moussa to bring Clarke is effectively making 2 changes.

If fleck was to make way it should have been a straight swap for bailey.

Mucca Mad Boys

We did to be fair. We created less, because the passing game went when Fleck came off.

Shrewsbury had less chances pre Fleck because the passing game went. We really should've brought Bailey on before we did, had we had both Bailey and Fleck on the pitch at the same time...

SkyBlue_Bear83

I weren't really watching Flecks tracking back but I remember he put in a few tackles, the highlight being when he tracked back and took the ball off Morgan the big number 10 in the first half

I thought Jennings was really poor today, I would have liked to see Bailey on for Jennings at HT as Bailey is a much better footballer

Moussa was shovelled out to the left as well at times in the first half where he is less effective and then dropped into the 442 where I don't think he is any good either

Colesy55

I weren't really watching Flecks tracking back but I remember he put in a few tackles, the highlight being when he tracked back and took the ball off Morgan the big number 10 in the first half

I thought Jennings was really poor today, I would have liked to see Bailey on for Jennings at HT as Bailey is a much better footballer

Moussa was shovelled out to the left as well at times in the first half where he is less effective and then dropped into the 442 where I don't think he is any good either
Jennings poor ? Thought he had a solid game ! Thought fleck was sloppy first half and gave the ball away too often !

Mucca Mad Boys

Jennings poor ? Thought he had a solid game ! Thought fleck was sloppy first half and gave the ball away too often !

Oh didn't see 3 amazing balls he played. No his several passes to Moussa, McSheff, he brought our players into the game.

I agree on the Jennings point.

Grendel

We did to be fair. We created less, because the passing game went when Fleck came off.

Shrewsbury had less chances pre Fleck because the passing game went. We really should've brought Bailey on before we did, had we had both Bailey and Fleck on the pitch at the same time...

Shrewsbury had more goal attempts in the first 55 minutes.

We had more goal attempts in the last 35.

Mucca Mad Boys

Shrewsbury had more goal attempts in the first 55 minutes.

We had more goal attempts in the last 35.

How many did each team have in the 1st 55m, and again in the last 35m?

In the last 35m, Shrewsbury were putting all men behind the ball to protect their lead, as well as us getting desperate.

First 55m, we were patient, playing possession, creating quality chances. Quality > quantity.

Brighton Sky Blue

They should've scored at least 3 in the first half and only Murphy and dire finishing prevented it. Equally Sheff was mighty unlucky with the crossbar and we had some sitters too. Ultimately it's a very harsh lesson in the importance of being clinical-which we are when on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread