Telegraph response to Northampton advertisement... (6 Viewers)

ESB

I'm in the Trust

A lot of folks are, but are you active? (you may or may not be, its a straight question)

Seems we need a few less key board warriors, and more willing to add their talents to actually doing something.

NorthernWisdom

Our next open meeting will be just that. An opportunity to get a bit of a time line of what we have done. Answer any questions and get suggestions on how we move forward. You should come along and ask questions, you might be surprised with the answers.

Out of interest, when is this?

I assume having my dick slapped about is an optional extra, and not compulsory ;)

NorthernWisdom

A lot of folks are, but are you active? (you may or may not be, its a straight question)

Seems we need a few less key board warriors, and more willing to add their talents to actually doing something.

It appears whatever I suggest isn't particularly welcome, so I'm not going to force my talents on people who don't want to use them.

TurkeyTrot

No, it's compulsory:)
I'll check the date out and let you know (I've been too busy with other stuff to find out the date. It's at the squirrel I know that much :)

ESB

Most of us, apart from the WUM, agree on 70 plus% of the issues. Doubt you'd be that out of kilter we the guys in the trust. Worth making an attempt to go and talk with them isn't it?

shmmeee

Seriously, the amount of people on the fringes and in the thick of things who have had warning shots across their bows is frightening. Fans are frustrated about local media not being so vocal. Why do you think that is?
Work it out mate, it's not rocket science!

Would like more detail on this. Assuming its all true and noone has signed anything is assume you can't get in trouble.

WRT being active in the Trust, I'm honestly not sure what I could offer other than ideas I don't really have the time. If that makes me a keyboard warrior so be it. Unless you want me to get you through an ICT GCSE or write software. Also, it may just be my social anxiety kicking in, but the times I've been to Trust meet ups I've found the board quite insular. They tend to be talking with each other on existing plans. But again I'm not the greatest in social situations so that may be my fault for not making the effort.

Just some honest feedback, am a big supporter

NorthernWisdom

Would like more detail on this. Assuming its all true and noone has signed anything is assume you can't get in trouble.

WRT being active in the Trust, I'm honestly not sure what I could offer other than ideas I don't really have the time. If that makes me a keyboard warrior so be it. Unless you want me to get you through an ICT GCSE or write software. Also, it may just be my social anxiety kicking in, but the times I've been to Trust meet ups I've found the board quite insular. They tend to be talking with each other on existing plans. But again I'm not the greatest in social situations so that may be my fault for not making the effort.

Just some honest feedback, am a big supporter

Well I might turn up next time (although Mondays are not ideal for me!), so we can be the outsiders together ;)

TurkeyTrot

FFS, just turn up the pair of you. Or anyone else and say hello. We're not insular and everyone of us are fully aware it's your trust. We have grown and we have a bit of clout but we've only got that because of the numbers we have in our membership. Think you all need to realize that you can all bring something to the trust. Just one idea from someone can grow and grow to be something massive. Just giving up a bit of time to get our situation across to other clubs message boards can be more positive than and newspaper ad that costs thousands. The other side of the coin is that if someone has any genuine problem with the trust or what we do then come along and tell us, we've nothing to hide

TurkeyTrot

Dunno why we changed it to Mondays, it used to be Tuesdays but I think Tuesdays clashed with Jans ballroom dancing lessons.

NorthernWisdom

Dunno why we changed it to Mondays, it used to be Tuesdays but I think Tuesdays clashed with Jans ballroom dancing lessons.

In all seriousness, week nights are... erratic for whether I can get to Coventry, Mondays especially! At least varying the day allows some people to be able to get there some of the time? Wouldn't expect you to change it just for me, like ;) but shuffle it around various days and it increases the chances of varied attendees, more ideas, and more enthusiasm to help?

TurkeyTrot

Not a bad idea, the fact is we probably have different meetings throughout the week so it shouldn't bother the board what day we meet once in a while

The Newspaper retains the right to decline adverts of their choosing...for example this particular one risks offending some. The fact is SISU money meant more to them.

Listen mate I worked there for 8 years and I never once heard of any adverts being refused...its a business, just because it offends a few on here...how would it look to the shareholders of Trinity Mirror if it got back that they were knocking back adverts? (all print media is on its knees) trust me people would lose their jobs...all you can hope for is that no one one reads it, and I would say since they advertised on a Thursday, they did not get the advert on the cheap, otherwise they would of gone for a Friday (bigger sales = more readers)

SkyblueBazza

Listen mate I worked there for 8 years and I never once heard of any adverts being refused...its a business, just because it offends a few on here...how would it look to the shareholders of Trinity Mirror if it got back that they were knocking back adverts? (all print media is on its knees) trust me people would lose their jobs...all you can hope for is that no one one reads it, and I would say since they advertised on a Thursday, they did not get the advert on the cheap, otherwise they would of gone for a Friday (bigger sales = more readers)

Exactly! So why bother with all the other bllx...the should just say it as it is. We get money for advertising & being a full page ad on a Thursday - it's revenue they couldn't refuse.
Why try dressing it up any other way?

mattylad

dont worry another year of poor sales and the cov telegraph will be amalgamated into the west midlands mail and you will all be able to read all about Villa and the Baggies on the back page with Cov getting a half page write up on a Monday.

Delboycov

Listen mate I worked there for 8 years and I never once heard of any adverts being refused...its a business, just because it offends a few on here...how would it look to the shareholders of Trinity Mirror if it got back that they were knocking back adverts? (all print media is on its knees) trust me people would lose their jobs...all you can hope for is that no one one reads it, and I would say since they advertised on a Thursday, they did not get the advert on the cheap, otherwise they would of gone for a Friday (bigger sales = more readers)[/QUOTE

Definitely wouldn't have been cheap especially as it's a Right Hand Page on a relatively busy day and I doubt if the club would've been in much of a negotiating position anyway with them being desperate to swell numbers at NTFC. I used to deal with their advertising years ago there and they were on pretty good rates then but their volumes have dramatically decreased over the years so won't be on anywhere near the same level of discounts now.

'The end of month bash' as we used to call it was a different matter altogether when the advertisers could pretty much name their price for a full page!

I do think the tagline 'We are Coventry' may result in doing more harm than good for them though and it may actually piss off some of those waverers that the advert is clearly trying to help win back....not that I'm one of those mind ;-)

Exactly! So why bother with all the other bllx...the should just say it as it is. We get money for advertising & being a full page ad on a Thursday - it's revenue they couldn't refuse.
Why try dressing it up any other way?

What other bollooxs...? Dressing it up as what? are you responding to me? you talk tosh mate - go and get angry with someone who gives a fuck.

L

longjohnskyblue

They should be doing something with their "fighting fund".

precisely!!!

Either put out a spread with keep Cov in Cov, or disband! You have a fighting fund allegedly precisely for this kind of thing! If you are genuinely into this there is no choice but to put an advert.

If not, then you truly are self serving! You talk the talk - now walk the walk.

Put an advert in the telegraph or disband! Time to put up or shut up!

L

longjohnskyblue

FFS, just turn up the pair of you. Or anyone else and say hello. We're not insular and everyone of us are fully aware it's your trust. We have grown and we have a bit of clout but we've only got that because of the numbers we have in our membership. Think you all need to realize that you can all bring something to the trust. Just one idea from someone can grow and grow to be something massive. Just giving up a bit of time to get our situation across to other clubs message boards can be more positive than and newspaper ad that costs thousands. The other side of the coin is that if someone has any genuine problem with the trust or what we do then come along and tell us, we've nothing to hide

Except it is only the board that has any power to do anything! As has been stated on here time and time again you ignore members e-mails (even the admin has admitted such on here - so there is no argument you aren't listening to your membership)

What would you expect when the chair is a failed councillor - All talk no action. Listen to your members or fuck off. You lied about charity payments, you lied about attendances at your protests. Grow a pair and do something that might have an affect! Standing outside empty offices time after time just makes you look moronic!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Except it is only the board that has any power to do anything! As has been stated on here time and time again you ignore members e-mails (even the admin has admitted such on here - so there is no argument you aren't listening to your membership)

What would you expect when the chair is a failed councillor - All talk no action. Listen to your members or fuck off. You lied about charity payments, you lied about attendances at your protests. Grow a pair and do something that might have an affect! Standing outside empty offices time after time just makes you look moronic!

Difficult to ignore such a balanced argument :p

chiefdave

Of course I could have misread this, but it pretty much proves the trust lie.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coventry-...entry-Wristbands-Sky-Blue-Trust-/121155493889

No mention of any money going to a charity!

Lying scum

the trust wristbands aren't for charity but they are making a donation from the money they received selling them at the legends charity game. As has been posted the FPA, who put the game on, suggested the trust keep the money for the fighting fund but the trust have elected to still make a donation which will be done at the same time as the other donations are made. not sure why people find this so difficult to understand, seems pretty straightforward to me.

Users who are viewing this thread