Telegraph Piece (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

What a load of bollocks. If he becomes the footballer we want, we could've sold him for £20m. Sell on clauses and the like are just magic beans.

Facts are we have £2m to apparently "rebuild the club over the next few years". I'm sure that'll cover Ramage's wages, not sure it'll get us out of the division.

Proof of the pudding is in the eating here Mr Anderson. Just like Wilson, if we kick on then fair play, but if (like Wilson) we end up no further forward and we just don't get to see one of our own develop, then you can fuck off back to whatever reject bin we pull our CEOs from.

andyboy81

Considering Middlesborough paid £9m for Jordan Rhodes(a player who has consistently scored 20+ goals a season at every club / level he has played at) I think 6m is a pretty good deal for a player who is unproven except for a handful of league 1 games!!

As far as "its only Norwich" I cant see what the majority of you moaners are kicking off about. Going to a "Big Club" doesn't mean you're going to make it!! Just ask Connor Thomas what happens when you enter the ranks of a Top Top Club, you either make it or fall at the sides... its brutal!!! At least with Norwich he will have the opportunity to play at a higher (and I hate to use that term) level than we can offer at the moment and with the new TV deal... probably better than we will see for a long time!!

Or am I just missing the point???

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Personally think that tells us very little

I think we all understood that these deals are done in stages, the first stage being the loan back. Did we get a lump sum now or will it be in the summer when it will be the only cash flow for the club?

Its fair to say that the majority of this deal is not guaranteed at all then isn't it.

and I assume dies when Maddison is sold on ....... but we get a cut ........ yes but what happens if it doesn't work out and he is sold at a discount before any further payment becomes due?

Can not help thinking this is all dressed up to sound good....... nothing is guaranteed in football

Specs WT-R75

Personally think that tells us very little

I think we all understood that these deals are done in stages, the first stage being the loan back. Did we get a lump sum now or will it be in the summer when it will be the only cash flow for the club?

Its fair to say that the majority of this deal is not guaranteed at all then isn't it.

and I assume dies when Maddison is sold on ....... but we get a cut ........ yes but what happens if it doesn't work out and he is sold at a discount before any further payment becomes due?

Can not help thinking this is all dressed up to sound good....... nothing is guaranteed in football

Makes sense to cover the FCF over close season, and if so then by definition there should be more cash available now as they would have had to "put some aside" to cover the close season...

Anyway the only thing we need cash for right now is to pay salaries for any uncontracted players there might be out there...

shmmeee

Out of interest, does the timing of the funds affect SCMP at all? Would it could as surplus this season and allow us more next year than if we sold him in the summer? Can you roll funds over? Could Sisu just take the cash as payment for debt then "invest" it back in as equity to allow the full 100% to be spent or would we still be capped at 60% of whatever the lump sum is?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
my understanding is that it is the funds actually received not receivable. So if they got £1m of the £2m now then the budget would be done on the £1m. The remainder would kick in when they receive it say next season

That of course is probably open to the FL discretion rule :thinking about:

AFCCOVENTRY

So it says significantly higher than £2m and significantly lower than £9m

Probably £4-5m with all the add ons.

Read the article ! Same old Sisu , its all about money for them . No stomach to build a team , they never have had . No doubt the monies are for the war chest against the council .

covmark

Read the article ! Same old Sisu , its all about money for them . No stomach to build a team , they never have had . No doubt the monies are for the war chest against the council .
It's amazing that all these new posters come out of the woodwork when we sell a player or go on a bad run. Where are you when we are doing well?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

my understanding is that it is the funds actually received not receivable. So if they got £1m of the £2m now then the budget would be done on the £1m. The remainder would kick in when they receive it say next season

That of course is probably open to the FL discretion rule :thinking about:

I thought player sales and cup run money is not included in the SCMP - i.e. can be reinvested in full if the club wants to.

Specs WT-R75

So Sisu's lawyers work for free do they??

That would imply that we would see a penny of the windfall if they actually win their case... so in this case, as far as I am aware this JR is nothing to do with the football club as such. It is the owners of one business with beef against the practises of the council...

Nick

Administrator
I don't get the comments like this:

Best chance of promotion for years, and SISU blow it all for some £££Best chance of promotion we have had for decades, and Sisu blow it for some quick ££££.

Has anybody told some of the angry mob that he is actually here until the end of the season so makes no difference in terms of this season?

Nick

Administrator
Didn't we have all of this paying the lawyers stuff when Clarke and Wilson went, and it turned out that none of it actually went on paying lawyers?

stupot07

Like I said on the other thread

I like how Anderson suggests it's about future income and the deal is structured including 3,4,5 years time.......but Maddison only signed a 3 1/2 year deal so it may never get to 4, 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Winny the Bish

Interesting to note in part two of the Anderson interview that he effectively says that Maddison himself pushed for the move to Norwich, rather than Spurs or Liverpool.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting to note in part two of the Anderson interview that he effectively says that Maddison himself pushed for the move to Norwich, rather than Spurs or Liverpool.

Yeah, I think when he said something yesterday he said something about "getting in the way of a player's move" or something like that.

Gazolba

It makes more sense to me to go to Norwich than a big club like Spurs or Liverpool. He is more likely to get playing time - which puts him in the shop window for a bigger move later on. Better that than being buried in a third-choice position at a bigger club.

Winny the Bish

“The decision to sell a player is made after the careful consideration of a number of factors that have to do with the financial situation of the football club, the needs of the manager to field the best team that our money can buy but also the wishes of the player,” said Anderson.

“In the case of a young footballer like James I think it’s really important to understand his position to join Norwich City is for his own personal professional development and the pathway he sees himself on going forward....
The question then becomes, for the player, what is the best pathway to get me there and I think Norwich City provides a wonderful platform to achieve his ambitions and dreams and we’re really thrilled to have him with us for the time we’ve got him.”

Nick

Administrator
Also the way he is being congratulated sounds like it is something he wanted.

If my boss forced me to do something I didn't want to do, I doubt I would be getting congratulated about it!

chiefdave

Or if he lets his contract run out to get a nice big signing bonus somewhere we will get a cut of nothing.

TheRoyalScam

The appeal is listed as 'Sky Blue Sports and Leisure and others against CCCouncil and others'....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I thought player sales and cup run money is not included in the SCMP - i.e. can be reinvested in full if the club wants to.

Think it is all football income including player sales. This is the reply I got from FL some time ago

"Income generated by a club that forms part of its football activities such as, commercial revenues, gate revenues, solidarity payments, Football League payments, donations, net transfer income (transfer fees paid) all make up the relevant income within the SCMP guidelines."

Moff

The appeal is listed as 'Sky Blue Sports and Leisure and others against CCCouncil and others'....

Havent seen you for months whilst the club was winning, but we sell a player and the harbinger of doom is back.

Why werent you on here talking about the team whilst we have been doing well?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Seems to me that Mr Andersons modus operandi is to say a lot, carefully explaining the obvious but never actually saying anything meaningful.

he has been here long enough now to be put under better scrutiny

just my opinion

Nick

Administrator
I hope it isn't in my firm :D

You will be watching for reactions next time you speak to somebody ;)

I mean in the "public eye" when they get rolled out to make statements like this, it's usually a load of meaningless shite. They always throw some random phrases in as well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've never been one to understand all the financial ins and outs of football. All I want to know is, that when I go to a game I want to see us win the bloody thing. And we can only do that with the best players available to us. I just don't get selling assets to the club when they're needed. Seems to me the club sees a good player's potential and sells them. Which just means us lingering in the lower leagues for years. Shoot me down in flames if you think I'm talking crap, but that's just the way I see it.

chiefdave

Something doesn't add up here (for a change!).

We're told the club is cost neutral. We're also, from what we have been told, averaging well above the break even attendance.

Now Anderson is saying "It reflects the reality that we’re in League One and still trying to build a good foundation for the football club" yet other L1 clubs turned down similar amounts for their players. So why is our L1 reality so much worse than other clubs?

What foundation is he trying to build? Seems to me he's just sold the foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread