Telegraph have been banned from Ryton (2 Viewers)

georgehudson

well, the Cov Tel could claim that due to the ban they are unable to practise their trade,
hence, loss of earnings, then when sisu come back with a counter claim,
then, Cov Tel say 'well you started it',
o_O

georgehudson

ajs, twas a jest,
the situation being like kids in a nursery,
however, it does beg the question, how much did it irk otium / sconset / sisu ?
what revelations may come next from the Cov Tel fraternity ?

georgehudson

let's not come down too hard on the C/Tel people, after all, it would appear that they are up against ......... .......... ........... .............
fill in the words to complete the statement

henry the wasp

So it's not a full on access to Coventry city ban, they can still have press access at games etc?

I'm pretty sure you can't ban a journalist access to someone elses ground. The NUJ would be all over that one I think. That's not to say they are allowed to ask questions to Mowbray or the players. I know Newcastle banned journo's from their stadium, but they couldn't stop them from attending away games.
Be interesting next "home" game to see if they are in the press box. Seeing as we don't own the ground.

fernandopartridge

I'm pretty sure you can't ban a journalist access to someone elses ground. The NUJ would be all over that one I think. That's not to say they are allowed to ask questions to Mowbray or the players. I know Newcastle banned journo's from their stadium, but they couldn't stop them from attending away games.
Be interesting next "home" game to see if they are in the press box. Seeing as we don't own the ground.
Sounded to me like it was a ban from direct access to the manager and players rather than an all out ban.

Nick

Administrator
Seems now that random people who dont seem to know much about CCFC are firing out the ex player articles.

It is still quite bizarre now, they have journalists spending their time getting in touch with ex players to rinse a few articles out.

Dave Phillips going on about Mowbray not being able to buy players for money... We signed more for money than Northampton did.

Stuart Pearce apparently getting behind it, he didn't actually say that when reading the article.

Captain Dart

Just spotted this, interesting:

Bloke who lost lucrative contract because local paper pointed out he was a crock is bitter. Time to move on.

Nick

Administrator
Bloke who lost lucrative contract because local paper pointed out he was a crock is bitter. Time to move on.

Do you really think he was released because the telegraph said he was a crock?

Maybe we can get some content writers in and sack the medical team off to save a few quid.

If he said that about SISU, how many articles would be made from it?

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Do you really think he was released because the telegraph said he was a crock?

Maybe we can get some content writers in and sack the medical team off to save a few quid.

If he said that about SISU, how many articles would be made from it?
No he was released because he is a crock and does not look after himself adequately.
Andy Turner has gone to press on it, good clickbait as they say.
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/telegraph-fell-foul-former-coventry-11939736

Nick

Administrator
It is click bait isn't it?

You can tell the way the telegraph are going all out.

What will be the next article they can drag from somewhere while the bandwagon is on?

No mention of Simon's melt down though, funny that. Wouldnt mind them explaining the rob s beef.

Somebody on there is trying their hardest to push that in posting as somebody else too, not sure whether I should be flattered.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Oh and can understand Andy Turner being annoyed as Johnson did name him.

I have always read his articles as a footballing bloke and that he left the politics to others. :(

SkyBlue_Bear83

It is click bait isn't it?

You can tell the way the telegraph are going all out.

What will be the next article they can drag from somewhere while the bandwagon is on?

No mention of Simon's melt down though, funny that. Wouldnt mind them explaining the rob s beef.

Somebody on there is trying their hardest to push that in posting as somebody else too, not sure whether I should be flattered.
I like how the telegraph spin it as reda refused to sign the petition which isn't true. A cowardly attempt to turn fans against someone who has criticised the telegraph.

Also I'm pretty sure reda's quotes in that article have been altered from what was reported at the time.

chiefdave

Have they seriously put up an article about someone saying they are a rubbish paper that doesn't support the club?

Nick

Administrator
I like how the telegraph spin it as reda refused to sign the petition which isn't true. A cowardly attempt to turn fans against someone who has criticised the telegraph.

Also I'm pretty sure reda's quotes in that article have been altered from what was reported at the time.

Blatant "swipe at your local news paper". Trying to get them angry. Odds on it will be people angry we didn't sign him again.

There is a very arrogant whiff to everything there.

Maybe that's the new approach?

Grendel

What do you think of Gilbert's twitter performance over the weekend?

Users who are viewing this thread