Telegraph have been banned from Ryton (2 Viewers)

Brylowes

Having a dig at a player whose career has suffered because of injury is particularly classless.
Well they must be a right classless bunch on here then,
Hang on" what am I saying, of course we are. ;)

Nick

Administrator
Did johnson try to intimidate him or threaten him in any way? How has it got onto violence?

Nick

Administrator
Why's it been spun as any sort of threat? 3 articles about it on Monday I guess.

It is all a bit strange.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Gilbert being incredibly unprofessional now, mocking and taunting Reda on twitter.

You'd expect that sort of stuff from your typical fan on here, not a newspaper journalist. He thinks he's billy big bollocks now the telegraph have gone all out now and will back him up. He grew up in Canley? What the fuck is that even supposed to mean, am I supposed to be impressed or something? Is he trying to offer him out for a fight or something.

Its embarrassing for him, you know Gilbert is the sort of little weed that when/if he met Reda in the past whilst Johnson was a Cov player, he would have been licking his arse and now goes chatting shit behind his keyboard.

It was only a few months ago the telegraph were all up Reda's arse because he met some fans at Starbucks and bought them a drink. Wonder how Gilbert would respond if Reda offered to meet him for a drink, the little weasel would either be up his arse or just backtrack and decline.

Sort yourself out Gilbert and leave the keyboard warrior stuff to us on here.

Nick

Administrator
It is quite funny, how long until he just bangs on about conspiracies and stuff like that?

Not being funny, if it was about a fight whether he was from canley or not i know who my money would be on. I'm not sure how it got to the that from what Johnson said.

He has fans behind him now, so all he will do is wind them up and get them fighting his battles.

Surely stuff like that just makes the telegraph look bad? Worrying thing is, the editor is just as bad when he wades in.

I get hounded about tin hat stuff, but let's not pretend this isn't very personal from the telegraph. They are loving it all, maybe it's something to put on the wikipedia page.

He already left it to us on here when he stopped posting, when people started questioning stuff he was saying and he couldn't get away with the "Are you ok hun" stuff as an answer.

Nick

Administrator
Edit, looks like he already had.

Didn't mention the game when we were winning but is now trying to get fans fired up again.

CCFC_Charlie

Wonder what things would be like no if The Cov Telegraph had managed to do some actual journalism and find out about the Wasps deal, which had been in the works since 2012, before the September of 2014?

olderskyblue

Weird this. I saw it as a comment from someone else he responded to with the canley comment, yet now people are looking for the "threat" from Reda?

And his spat with Rob s is only because he's les reids patsy isn't he?

Fwiw, I think it's all very unprofessional

chiefdave

Wonder what things would be like no if The Cov Telegraph had managed to do some actual journalism and find out about the Wasps deal, which had been in the works since 2012, before the September of 2014?
Totally agree with this. Working with the council to suppress the bailout story. Not a peep out of them when Wasps turned up. Wouldn't campaign to save the academy.

CCFC do anything and there's article after article, FOIs flying in and all sorts. Why not the same for others?

hill83

Totally agree with this. Working with the council to suppress the bailout story. Not a peep out of them when Wasps turned up. Wouldn't campaign to save the academy.

CCFC do anything and there's article after article, FOIs flying in and all sorts. Why not the same for others?

U OK HUN
TINFOIL HAT TIME
I-am-not-saying.jpg

COME TO CANLEY AND SAY THAT
I'VE GOT A AWARD
lego-5-pieces-male-hair-brown-for-minifigs-new-1241-p.jpg

olderskyblue

Surely, they're just the antithesis of the observer?

What I find more of a pity is that Les Reid didn't focus any of his attention on SISU. You'd think someone with his awards could have done a good job on it, and gave us something or someone to "attack" that doesn't hurt CCFC as much. Who their investors are etc. Think even Nick would be happy at that

Nick

Administrator

What I find more of a pity is that Les Reid didn't focus any of his attention on SISU. You'd think someone with his awards could have done a good job on it, and gave us something or someone to "attack" that doesn't hurt CCFC as much. Who their investors are etc. Think even Nick would be happy at that
I'd love for somebody to dig up everything going back years, said that many a time.

NorthernWisdom

tbf, having one paper attack each 'side' wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing. Do get the sneaking suspicion they get deflected by attempts for one-upmanship rather than actually looking for the stories however...

Reid did start off anti SISU until he met Seppala. Clearly her arguments persuaded which, given Reid has (to my eyes at least) always run his career along the angle of uncovering council inconsistency/incompetence (call it what you will) is maybe unsurprising.

Don't think we could have expected anything other than Reid looking for the anti-Council angle tbh. Not that that doesn't have a place, but...

Nick

Administrator
tbf, having one paper attack each 'side' wouldn't necessarily have been a bad thing. Do get the sneaking suspicion they get deflected by attempts for one-upmanship rather than actually looking for the stories however...

Reid did start off anti SISU until he met Seppala. Clearly her arguments persuaded which, given Reid has (to my eyes at least) always run his career along the angle of uncovering council inconsistency/incompetence (call it what you will) is maybe unsurprising.

Don't think we could have expected anything other than Reid looking for the anti-Council angle tbh. Not that that doesn't have a place, but...
Add to that the issues between reid and the telegraph, can see that adding fire to the belly...

W

westcountry_skyblue

Does anyone know who actually gave the word to ban the telegraph,Sepalla or Fish face or a faceless being?

georgehudson

exactly wcsb, i posted this question as soon as the news of the ban came out,
so back on track for the thread,
who issued the ban ?
& why don't the Cov Tel start legals against whoever issued it ?

W

westcountry_skyblue

exactly wcsb, i posted this question as soon as the news of the ban came out,
so back on track for the thread,
who issued the ban ?
& why don't the Cov Tel start legals against whoever issued it ?
Wonder if we will ever find out who emailed or called the paper to tell them?

Users who are viewing this thread