Telegraph / CCFC (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else noticed a bit of a difference?

All of the silly comments on the Telegraph seem to have stopped, the Telegraph are doing things like "Vote for McNulty" and yesterday CCFC retweeted a CCFC article.

Is everybody friends now?

better days

Anybody else noticed a bit of a difference?

All of the silly comments on the Telegraph seem to have stopped, the Telegraph are doing things like "Vote for McNulty" and yesterday CCFC retweeted a CCFC article.

Is everybody friends now?
Hope so
Andy Turner is a good bloke and obviously wants the best for CCFC
Simon Gilbert usually handled the news side of things for SISU court cases and so on
He's just left. Whether that's a factor who knows?

Nick

Administrator
Andy has always tended to just stuck to the football side of it, even if he loves Michael Doyle.

George Baker has written some decent stuff as well, no nonsense or re-hash but just football articles.

Just seems strange how the random strange comments have stopped all of a sudden.

Otis

Yep, could be Gilbert related. He did seem to ruffle a few feathers.

New broom and all that.

Otis

I couldnt agree more.

As though some plonker is regarded as the voice of the people. Plus adding a Biamou negative in there as well.
I think that's enshrined in law isn't i?

Even when we won the City to Culture bid I believe someone said we won it in spite of Max Biamou.

ashbyjan

I think it has more to do with Fisher seemingly being well away from the day to day matters and his antipathy towards the CT and Gilbert and his favouring Les at the Observer. I believe Dave Boddy has realized that the CT (for all its faults) is still the leading paper in the city and he has to have good relations if he is to get PR to the fans and thereby bums on seats. Overall I think the clubs PR over all platforms has improved since Boddys arrival and long may it continue.

chiefdave

Whatever has caused it a bit more positivity from the CT is very welcome as is anything that cuts down the number of ridiculous histrionic comments on every CCFC story.

Could be related to Gilbert going, a lot of his interaction with CT readers have been deleted from his twitter.

Nick

Administrator
I think it has more to do with Fisher seemingly being well away from the day to day matters and his antipathy towards the CT and Gilbert and his favouring Les at the Observer. I believe Dave Boddy has realized that the CT (for all its faults) is still the leading paper in the city and he has to have good relations if he is to get PR to the fans and thereby bums on seats. Overall I think the clubs PR over all platforms has improved since Boddys arrival and long may it continue.

Agree that replacing Fisher with Boddy in the limelight seems to have worked wonders, things like the Evenings with / kit launches have started happening as well.

Esoterica

Agree that replacing Fisher with Boddy in the limelight seems to have worked wonders, things like the Evenings with / kit launches have started happening as well.
I've liked the way he has quietly gone about his business. He needs to follow through on his recent Ricoh extension statements though or he will just get lumped in with Fisher as a liar and all the other good stuff will be forgotten or put into perspective.

fernandopartridge

very welcome as is anything that cuts down the number of ridiculous histrionic comments on every CCFC story.

Could be related to Gilbert going, a lot of his interaction with CT readers have been deleted

He probably did that ahead of his application for the BBC role

ashbyjan

No, they have been able to report on matches and have been at games.
I believe they were banned from Ryton and prematch conferences but the club couldnt stop the paper from sending a reporter and them reporting on the game, even if they had to pay for a ticket. As said before things have improved without Fisher as it was him who tried to make CO the official mouthpiece of the club, happily Boddy seems to be more pragmatic

Nick

Administrator
I believe they were banned from Ryton and prematch conferences but the club couldnt stop the paper from sending a reporter and them reporting on the game, even if they had to pay for a ticket. As said before things have improved without Fisher as it was him who tried to make CO the official mouthpiece of the club, happily Boddy seems to be more pragmatic

They were still in the press box rather than buying a ticket and sitting with a laptop in Block 15 weren't they?

They have never stopped doing the matches, was just the Ryton stuff and access to the players.

mark82

They were still in the press box rather than buying a ticket and sitting with a laptop in Block 15 weren't they?

They have never stopped doing the matches, was just the Ryton stuff and access to the players.

Guess you can't ban someone from a property you don't own.

Nick

Administrator
Something is going on as the Telegraph seem to be deleting all CCFC comments, I made one earlier about Turnbull but it's gone now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Something is going on as the Telegraph seem to be deleting all CCFC comments, I made one earlier about Turnbull but it's gone now.

Yes Nick, that's because 'i'm going to miss you turning me on at games Jordan' is a direct violation of the terms and conditions on their Facebook page!

Users who are viewing this thread