Telegraph / CCFC (3 Viewers)

Grendel

On the telegraph site strangely enough ;)

Yes loads being deleted - all the usual nopm Bollocks is being deleted. My post on the Maddison thread was one of only 2 out of 6 that survived in that thread.

Guess unlike you I am the voice of reason.

Otis

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Putting it in here rather than start a new thread, looks like it will be a change to Coventry Live rather than Telegraph.

Almost 50 jobs at risk as Trinity Mirror unveils online rebrand of seven dailies - Journalism News from HoldtheFrontPage
Can't see the point of that. A lot of their traffic must be off the back of it being the CT and people knowing the brand. Didn't it used to be something like Coventry Live when they first launched the website?

Not really following how they are separating print and digital and that leads to job losses. Surely if you're running them independently of each other you need more people not less.

Nick

Administrator
It was iccoventry I think.

I guess they just want to downscale the print stuff more and have more 5 things we learned articles.

chiefdave

That's the one. I can imagine a lot of traffic dropping off when it loses the branding as most people's first search will be Coventry Telegraph. The Observer want to get in and make sure they are at the top of search results.

Nick

Administrator
That's the one. I can imagine a lot of traffic dropping off when it loses the branding as most people's first search will be Coventry Telegraph. The Observer want to get in and make sure they are at the top of search results.

The Mirror would just do a redirect in theory anyway for all of that traffic.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Birmingham Mail is now Birmingham Live. To be honest though, the same articles are recycled through both sites, and also the Cambridge News which I follow having lived there.

It really is painful.

fernandopartridge

They've already gone down the Live route in other places. I think Newcastle is one of them. There are barely any Coventry stories on their website now, and certainly nothing that would take any work on the ground. They use Facebook to push the same clickbait in all their titles. Sad really that formerly well respected local journals have come to this.

fernandopartridge

They'll maintain the URL with a redirect

Users who are viewing this thread